Aft balcony or Caribe balcony?

Coolmama_1

My SIL and BIL will be joining us for their first Princess Cruise. I have the opportunity to either book adjoining aft balconies on Baja or Caribe balconies on the Ruby. We have done both and really like the aft balcony but not sure which would give them the best experience.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Judy

My SIL and BIL will be joining us for their first Princess Cruise. I have the opportunity to either book adjoining aft balconies on Baja or Caribe balconies on the Ruby. We have done both and really like the aft balcony but not sure which would give them the best experience.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Judy

Without a doubt, Aft! ;)

Another vote for aft.

However........

You say it's their first Princess cruise but have they cruised other lines before and know they're not prone to seasickness?

If they DO get it then I'd go for midship Caribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for aft.

However........

You say it's their first Princess cruise but have they cruised other lines before and know they're not prone to seasickness?

If they DO get it then I'd go for midship Caribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have done the Pride of America and my SIL did ask about ship rocking. I think I will book the aft and I can change it after I speak to her if I need to.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Judy

I would take an aft Caribe balcony everytime but I don't get seasick-thank God!

Trish

Aft balconies can't be beat. Booked aft on Caribe on the Ruby Princess. Can hardly wait. Not only is the aft view fabulous, but I am a light sleeper and I love how quiet it is without people walking up and down the aisles.

I get carsick on winding roads if I'm not the driver. I once spent 4 hours on a fishing boat (the only time I ever went on a fishing boat) wishing I would die or something as I was soooooooooooooooooooooo sick.

I get a prescription for the Transderm Scop patch from my doctor. We have been through weather that made the "iron stomach" group retreat to their cabins to lie down due to seasickness. I never had an issue. I am totally sold on the patch. I've been all the way forward and high up and also all the way aft and high up. I don't get sick at all with my patch. :cool:

We love the Caribe balconies but, given the choice, would always take the aft-facing balcony. I have gotten up in the night (as old men are wont to do) and then, instead of going right back to bed, spent time out on the balcony looking at the view of the full moon over the wake. Just freaking awesome. The aft-facing balconies are my wife's favorite. I'm in agreement with her.

Interesting thoughts.......we are booked in an aft cabin on the Golden Princess over Christmas. We have had a few balcony cabins in the past, including the larger Caribe deck balconies, but this will be our first experience in an aft cabin.

So, we are looking forward to it, even more so now!