Haven 2bed villa vs 2 connecting mini suites

suffield12

Evening all

We've been lucky enough to have spent our cruises so far in various haven suites and loved them, in particular the extra space for the kids. I think this pre requisite may now change. Since our first NCL trip on the breakaway in 2013,a 7 night cruise in a 2 bed villa has risen (in uk prices) by almost double. Though some of this will be due to the dollar/sterling exchange rate, the sheer amount has now made us re think our requirements. Has anyone else noticed the huge price hike in haven suites?

We're platinum members so regardless of cabin we should get nice little extras plus the concierge so currently looking at 2 interconnecting mini suites to give us the extra space required but all together it's working out about half the cost of a haven suite for the same cruise. The courtyard would be a miss but with 2 young kids it's ever been a place we could really make the most of as you always end up having to go to the arcade or mini golf!

We're interested to know if other haven lovers have bitten the bullet (especially platinum members) and moved into normal cabins and have they regretted it or been pleastantly surprised?

I've also thought about this as the Haven prices have seemed to skyrocketed. You may also consider booking the mini-suites and decide that you will be OK with that and then try to do the upgrade bid process and try for an upsell.

Also, take into account the current promos being offered like "kids sail free" as this may also weigh into your decision.

Good luck!

Just a thought, on deck 14 on the Escape, the two Haven aft penthouse suites (14300 & 14900) are connected to their respective balcony suites. I haven't done the math to determine the cost effectiveness. This will give you the extra space for the children in addition to the large balcony the penthouse offers.

I know the feelings you are having. We have been in suites our last 3 cruises and loved it!! The price is just getting crazy so we have booked aft balconies for our next two cruises. We have people cruising with us in regular balcony cabins so we are hoping we will keep busy with them and not miss the Haven too much. Of course I keep watching for price drops and will be hoping for the email to bid for a haven cabin.