Shuttle from FLL to hotel near Miami Cruiseport

gusbuf

Hello. I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a shuttle service from FLL to Springhill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, close to the Miami Cruise Port? Our issue is that our plane is arriving FLL at 8:30pm, so we need a shuttle service that does evening pickups. If anyone has any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. In the past we have used MJS Transportation, who are very good. Unfortunately, they do not offer evening pickups at FLL. Thanks in advance for your opinions/recommendations.

If you look down the board, you will many recommendations, but you will also see most don't run that late. If you have to stay at that hotel, I would consider Uber.

Looking down the board you will also see the common recommendation to stay in Ft Lauderdale, and shuttle the next day to your ship. Does this option work for you?

If you look down the board, you will many recommendations, but you will also see most don't run that late. If you have to stay at that hotel, I would consider Uber.

Looking down the board you will also see the common recommendation to stay in Ft Lauderdale, and shuttle the next day to your ship. Does this option work for you?

Thanks for the advice. The hotel was already booked by other family members. We are flying in from the northeast where snow can be an issue in winter. This is for the 12/24 sailing of the NCL Escape. We have to fly in the day before as if there is a weather issue the same day as the cruise, we might not make it to Florida and miss the cruise.

If we do the Uber option, does FLL allow Uber drivers to do pickups on their property? If so, where would an Uber driver pick us up?

Yes, Uber can pick up at FLL and take you to your hotel (expect to pay about $40-45).

I agree with Bruce - if your flight arrives at 8:30 by the time you deplane and collect bags it will be after 9:00 and closer to 10-10:30 by the time you reach your hotel. I would skip staying there, choose a hotel near FLL, and shuttle/Uber to POM the next day and meet your family on the ship.

Yes, Uber can pick up at FLL and take you to your hotel (expect to pay about $40-45).

I agree with Bruce - if your flight arrives at 8:30 by the time you deplane and collect bags it will be after 9:00 and closer to 10-10:30 by the time you reach your hotel. I would skip staying there, choose a hotel near FLL, and shuttle/Uber to POM the next day and meet your family on the ship.

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the hotel, I am not paying for it, so at this point I will not be switching to a hotel near FLL cruise port. We have to stay at this hotel as others we are meeting are flying into MIA not FLL. Will most likely use Uber, as that seems like best option at this point.

Hello. I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a shuttle service from FLL to Springhill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, close to the Miami Cruise Port? Our issue is that our plane is arriving FLL at 8:30pm, so we need a shuttle service that does evening pickups. If anyone has any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. In the past we have used MJS Transportation, who are very good. Unfortunately, they do not offer evening pickups at FLL. Thanks in advance for your opinions/recommendations.

I use http://www.go-airportshuttle.com and I believe they do late pick-ups. Would be about $26 per person for a shared van service. I think the hotel you are speaking of is referred to as the Springhill Suites-Miami Arts/Health District by them. Btw, don't you love the folks that tell you that you need to change your plans when your just asking a simple question? SMH :D

Bret

SAS transportation. We've used them several times when flying in to FLL. However, I'm not sure how late they run. I agree that staying in Ft Lauderdale might be better option. SAS has a list of hotels that do can do a morning pick up with shuttle to POM by 10 or 11 am. just a thought. good luck

First of all, you are going to LOVE the Escape!! We just sailed on it last month and loved it so much we booked another cruise on the Escape for March 2017 (taking our kids and grandkids with us on this one) and again in October 2017 with different itinerary!

Now for transportation...we flew into FLL and took LYFT to our hotel in Miami. We considered staying at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale, but decided upon a hotel in Miami to be closer to the port and to stay with our friends. I think it took us about an hour to get to the hotel from the airport. We took either LYFT or Uber back to the airport after the cruise. The thing I love about Uber an LYFT is that you get more personalized service. They pick you up right at the pickup/drop off point and there is usually no wait (maybe waited 5 minutes max in the past) We paid $34 (with $10 off promo) for the ride to our hotel from airport and $22 (with $10 promo) from the port of Miami to FLL airport.

We have scheduled with Jiffy Jeff Transportation for our February cruise. We are flying into FLL and will be staying in downtown Miami. Our last family member arrives at 8:10 p.m. and there are seven in our party. The cost is $15.00 per person. We also have scheduled with them to pick us up at the port following our cruise and take us to FLL. The cost is also $15.00 pp