voom without stream???

kassimer1

I just went to pay for voom for my cruise and the choice for just voom is no longer there. I can only choose the one with streaming, I have no need to stream and dont want to pay for something i wont use. does anyone know why the regular voom is no longer available?

I dont know the reason why but its been like that for my HOTS cruise in January for a couple weeks now. Today though, they came out with a beverage/zoom package which is cheaper than my beverage package so I cancelled and rebooked the package.

I just went to pay for voom for my cruise and the choice for just voom is no longer there. I can only choose the one with streaming, I have no need to stream and dont want to pay for something i wont use. does anyone know why the regular voom is no longer available?

Possibly they are acknowledging there is not much functional difference between surf & stream.

I dont know the reason why but its been like that for my HOTS cruise in January for a couple weeks now. Today though, they came out with a beverage/zoom package which is cheaper than my beverage package so I cancelled and rebooked the package.

since i dont drink , that does not help me. glad it worked out better for you

I'm on board Harmony now and got it on the ship. Don't know why they're not advertising it.

What are they charging for it on board? I was able to get it for 8.99 when it was available on the website in advance. My guess is they are charging as much for this on board as for the Voom plus streaming purchased in advance on line. I have a feeling $8.99 internet is a thing of the past but I would like to be wrong.

That would be nice. We are signed up for the Zoom w/o Streaming and I have been wondering if streaming would work.

Virtually everything works on both tiers, it's just that it functions better on Stream and even better on a ship with the newer O3B technology.

My experience with the basic (not streaming) on the Indy TA this month was pretty poor, I'm glad I didn't pay extra for the streaming one. Not so much that it was slow (it was acceptable, although to be honest it wouldn't have been good enough for streaming anything - even the little video clips you get on Facebook it would only play 1-2 seconds of, then freeze). The issue was that it was constantly dropping out, and re-connecting was hit and miss, to put it mildly. I don't regret getting it - having internet on a cruise was awesome, it was the one real downside of cruising before - but $12.99 was plenty, I wouldn't have wanted to have been paying more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums