Question a pre-purchasing themal suite pass

iamaqt2

Hi all,

I have a question about booking my thermal passes online. I'm 95 days out, and the thermal passes show up in my onboard account as bookable. But when I click on it to book it, it tells me "Sorry, this item is no longer available"

I'm not in a suite, so I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to book these until 90 days out. I'm hoping it's a glitch in the system that opened them up to me too early and that they aren't all truly sold out.

Has anyone else had this happen before? And were you able to get them at 90 days out?

Have a great time!! I've sailed with NCL three times and gotten a spa pass each time. I'd cutback on something else before I wouldn't buy a spa pass. :D:D:D

Haha Quilting_Cruiser.... I feel the same! :D:D

Haha Quilting_Cruiser.... I feel the same! :D:D

Just remember, Cruise Critic represents only about 5% of cruisers. Most wont even know about them. Just book as soon as available!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15

How much is a spa thermal pass and what does it include. :)

I just booked mine for an upcoming Escape cruise in February. Right now, it's $199 if you purchase it online; that includes the 18% gratuity. Spa treatments are separate.

You get access to the Mandara Thermal spa, which includes heated lounge chairs, a therapy pool, a whirlpool, a salt room, a "rain" shower, steam bath, saunas, and at least on the Escape a snow room. The spa features vary by ship, but if you're looking for a kid-free place to relax, it may be for you. You have a great view too as the suite is forward. You can come and go as you please during spa hours, and you have access to the men or women's locker rooms. They also had healthy refreshments such as fresh fruit and infused water.

This will be my second time getting the pass. It's worth it! Hope this helped.

Hi all,

I have a question about booking my thermal passes online. I'm 95 days out, and the thermal passes show up in my onboard account as bookable. But when I click on it to book it, it tells me "Sorry, this item is no longer available"

I'm not in a suite, so I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to book these until 90 days out. I'm hoping it's a glitch in the system that opened them up to me too early and that they aren't all truly sold out.

Has anyone else had this happen before? And were you able to get them at 90 days out?

Everyone's right! As soon as you hit 90 days, that stupid message stops showing up. [emoji846] I bought mine around 12:05 am as soon as it opened. Like someone else said, I'll cutback on other things to get the spa pass! I'm spoiled! [emoji3][emoji3] Have a great time when your cruise rolls round.

I just booked mine for an upcoming Escape cruise in February. Right now, it's $199 if you purchase it online; that includes the 18% gratuity. Spa treatments are separate.

You get access to the Mandara Thermal spa, which includes heated lounge chairs, a therapy pool, a whirlpool, a salt room, a "rain" shower, steam bath, saunas, and at least on the Escape a snow room. The spa features vary by ship, but if you're looking for a kid-free place to relax, it may be for you. You have a great view too as the suite is forward. You can come and go as you please during spa hours, and you have access to the men or women's locker rooms. They also had healthy refreshments such as fresh fruit and infused water.

This will be my second time getting the pass. It's worth it! Hope this helped.

Thank you! This is excellent information.

Thank you! This is excellent information.

Each ship is a little different so if you are booked on NCL check for your ship - there are lots of videos on that video website. Also, the prices are different. For Escape to prebook is $199 but I'm on the Jade & it is $139 to prebook. Those 2 spas are very different.

Edited by khaide612

I have to agree about the spa pass, it's really wonderful. I never expected to enjoy it as much as I did. I only got it last time because of my then gf who really wanted it. I think I ended up enjoying it more. The therapy pools were all wonderful. My only complaint was the temperature. It was luke warm to me.

Everyone's right! As soon as you hit 90 days, that stupid message stops showing up. [emoji846] I bought mine around 12:05 am as soon as it opened. Like someone else said, I'll cutback on other things to get the spa pass! I'm spoiled! [emoji3][emoji3] Have a great time when your cruise rolls round.

Thanks so much!! I fully intend to enjoy the spa, and only use room to sleep!![emoji6] [emoji6]

Sent from my SD4930UR using Forums mobile app

My only complaint was the temperature. It was luke warm to me.

I agree! I've had spa passes on the Jade, Pearl, and Epic. Pearl was the only one where hot actually meant hot. Loved it!

I just booked mine for an upcoming Escape cruise in February. Right now, it's $199 if you purchase it online; that includes the 18% gratuity.

There's no gratuity on the spa pass. The small print mentions it, but there isn't one. They charge the 18% gratuity services, such as massages and facial, but not on the spa pass.

I agree! I've had spa passes on the Jade, Pearl, and Epic. Pearl was the only one where hot actually meant hot. Loved it!

There's no gratuity on the spa pass. The small print mentions it, but there isn't one. They charge the 18% gratuity services, such as massages and facial, but not on the spa pass.

Thank you so much for explaining that.

When I bought the pass last year, I fully expected to pay 18% on top of the $199. Didn't happen, so I figured the 18% was included in the $199 total. Happened again last week; again I'm thinking it's worked into the amount. And actually, I figured the 18% was (allegedly) for the staff that handles the locker room, the staff that pickup towels, etc.

We just came back from Norwegian Breakaway. We purchased our spa passes online at $179 pp at 90 day mark, a friend bought one online 2 weeks before sailing at $199.

On board passes were sold at $237 pp:eek: It was a Thanksgiving cruise, completely sold out so maybe this was the reason in price increase because of the demand.

Edited by Aldeya

Thank you so much for explaining that.

When I bought the pass last year, I fully expected to pay 18% on top of the $199. Didn't happen, so I figured the 18% was included in the $199 total. Happened again last week; again I'm thinking it's worked into the amount. And actually, I figured the 18% was (allegedly) for the staff that handles the locker room, the staff that pickup towels, etc.

NCL's site has many issues...this being one of the most minor. I'm just glad we can get spa passes prior to sailing! On my first NCL cruise two years ago, you couldn't purchase the pass ahead of time.

NCL's site has many issues...this being one of the most minor. I'm just glad we can get spa passes prior to sailing! On my first NCL cruise two years ago, you couldn't purchase the pass ahead of time.

You're right. That's a really minor issue! [emoji3] But I'd hate trying to get the pass onboard. Very thankful they changed that policy. Considering how popular the Vibe passes are, I'd hate to go thru that whole mess of hoping to be in an early enough boarding group to snatch up a spa pass. (I still haven't gotten a Vibe pass LOL).

The spa pass is the one thing I absolutely MUST have when I cruise from now on. During my last two cruises on both the Jewel and Jade I was the only person in the spa every time I went. During those times I spent at least 2 blissful hours alone with herbal tea and the thermal pool!:)

The real kicker is that both of these cruises were during Spring Break in March on filled-to-capacity ships. All of the public areas were packed with people, but not the spa...

...shhhhh.

The spa pass is the one thing I absolutely MUST have when I cruise from now on. During my last two cruises on both the Jewel and Jade I was the only person in the spa every time I went. During those times I spent at least 2 blissful hours alone with herbal tea and the thermal pool!:)

The real kicker is that both of these cruises were during Spring Break in March on filled-to-capacity ships. All of the public areas were packed with people, but not the spa...

...shhhhh.

Oh you lucky thing! :) How in the world did you get that lucky? LOL The Escape's always had someone there, but it was quiet and relaxing and I never failed to find a lounger. I'd bring my earbuds, my IPhone and my laptop, and I'd either write or watch downloaded videos. It was such a nice secluded feeling.

Oh most definitely this is our little secret. ;);)

I called NCL to clarify that I can only buy the couple's pass on board. They said yes....just wondering if anyone bought one pass and then on board added the spouse/partner when on board the first day for the total cost of $199 or should I relax and book the couple's spa pass on embarkation day? I am sailing the Jade next Sunday....