Coco Kay

ARI421

. From what I've read Anthem has a passenger capacity of 4,108 and Majesty carries 2,350. That seems like an awful lot of people on a small island.

I don't think so, the island is much larger than the ships they came in...:rolleyes: And so far, we're 3 for 3 on Coco Caye, one of our all time favorite destinations!

Edited by BecciBoo

I don't think so, the island is much larger than the ships they came in...:rolleyes: And so far, we're 3 for 3 on Coco Caye, one of our all time favorite destinations!

The island is not that big. 1000m X 180m. Around 3 ships length long x 4 wide with much of that unusable by guests.

With 7500 passengers there I'm thinking it would certainly feel crowded.

With 2 ships at once, all the more reason to splurge on a cabana (if you can). You still have to go to the common beach areas to get in the water, but at least you can have an area for lounging that you know won't be overly crowded.

But at the same time, if you aren't in a suite, it may be stiff competition to snag a cabana

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's unfortunate that your first experience at Coco Cay will have such a large number of guests. However, you should still be able to find a beach lounger if you walk away from the tender area a bit. Lunch will be crowded.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there another lunch station further in, behind Bahama Jack's bar that's never open? If so, maybe they open it when 2 ships are in.

I hate to be a contrartian, but my advice at CoCo Key is to stay on the ship. Of all the private islands I've been to on all my cruises, it is far and away my least favorite. The water is extremely reedy and rocky, the beach is overcrowded and the facilities are substandard. Labadee is far, far superior. Depending on which of the Labadee beaches you go to, you can get soft sand and clear water, and the beaches have more shade and much better facilities.

Too bad you didn't walk around to the other side. As shown in the pictures on this thread, the beach does not meet that description at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there another lunch station further in, behind Bahama Jack's bar that's never open? If so, maybe they open it when 2 ships are in..

That could very well be. I thought that too, but was not sure if I was thinking of Labadee.

The water is much clearer at Coco Cay, much less debris and sand suspension. We are divers so we've seen a lot of islands and we think the water there is great. Also as Aquahound said the back side of the island is very shallow with white sand and sea grass. Practically nobody goes further than the hammock area:2qd7k2x.jpg

2iazx5g.jpg

I think this water is perfect for snorkeling:v48m13.jpg

If you had nasty water i.e. reedy? it was after a storm which churns up the water...its like the above...mostly. I can't wait to get back there, in all our cruises with numerous islands, Coco Cay is the only one that provided a pink and white octopus to look at:D

2k0riv.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

The island is not that big. 1000m X 180m. Around 3 ships length long x 4 wide with much of that unusable by guests.

With 7500 passengers there I'm thinking it would certainly feel crowded.

Like I said much larger than 2 ships...and most people settle for the first beach or the snorkel cove and there are 3 more coves and the back side with cabanas, palapas and loungers available. And both times we went back there past Wanderers Beach and there were no more than a handful of people back there with room for several hundred.

Edited by BecciBoo

Like I said much larger than 2 ships...and most people settle for the first beach or the snorkel cove and there are 3 more coves and the back side with cabanas, palapas and loungers available. And both times we went back there past Wanderers Beach and there were no more than a handful of people back there with room for several hundred.

Except that the ships have 10 - 15 decks to disperse people, only 1 level of beach the last I checked.

I agree having been there on Majesty and Ebpnchsntment it hasn't seemed that crowded but that's only 2500 or do people, add 4000 more from Anthem and that will change things.

The Empress of the Seas carries 1,840 passengers.

The Enchantment of the Seas carries 2,446 passengers.

Total of the two is 4,286.

The Freedom of the Seas carries 3,634 passengers.

I was on the Freedom of the Seas when I visited Coco Cay. I posted over fifty pictures in post number five.

Thank You Everyone for Answering my Question :)

travelin_nat - Sorry to Hear that you Missed your Coco Cay Stop :(

Love the Photos You Posted Cuizer2 & BillOh & BecciBoo You Guys are Awesome :)

Happy Sailing.

Debbie :)

Edited by Debbie42467

You're welcome Debbie, I am perfectly confident RCCL knows what they are doing in positioning these 2 ships on Coco Cay at the same time. And that they know exactly how many passengers it can accommodate.

I get that some do not like Coco Cay but a lot of us certainly do....hope your trip there is as great as our 3 have been.:D

Edited by BecciBoo