I think Princess listened......

BarbaraP

I have heard all the talk about Princess charging the 200% single supplement for cruises (which I agree is stiff) and the fact that you cannot get the benefit of any of the sales. I know it says based on double occupancy but I have been able to book 2 cruises and receive all the sales promo as a single. So I am just saying I think Princess listening or at least trying to listen.

I have heard all the talk about Princess charging the 200% single supplement for cruises (which I agree is stiff) and the fact that you cannot get the benefit of any of the sales. I know it says based on double occupancy but I have been able to book 2 cruises and receive all the sales promo as a single. So I am just saying I think Princess listening or at least trying to listen.

Good to hear.

Nice. Hope it stays that way on all promo.

On the last 2 cruises I booked as a solo, I did receive the promo OBC for the full stateroom amount (OBC for 2 passengers). So that was nice, but being booked on my next solo cruise, which is a 3 for free promo, I will only get credit for one free gratuity and one specialty dinner. So in that respect, I lose out after still having to pay for 2 passengers. So you win some, you lose some.

On the last 2 cruises I booked as a solo, I did receive the promo OBC for the full stateroom amount (OBC for 2 passengers). So that was nice, but being booked on my next solo cruise, which is a 3 for free promo, I will only get credit for one free gratuity and one specialty dinner. So in that respect, I lose out after still having to pay for 2 passengers. So you win some, you lose some.

I think that is very fair, and a great improvement over past policy. :)

The free gratuity promotion is not OBC that is then used to offset the daily "auto-tip" posted to your on board account.

Instead it does pay for the "auto-tip" and neither the daily charge nor the amenity will show up at all on your account.

So even if the free gratuity was included for the 2nd berth you are paying for, it would never appear on your account for you to use.