Our thoughts on a JS

Hi all,

Just returned from Enchantment and our first time in a JS, so I thought I'd share our thoughts. I read many threads before our cruise on what they include and whether or not it is "worth it." So here's our story.

We booked this cruise with somewhat short notice, although before final payment. I paid to upgrade from an OV to a balcony when prices started falling, then upgraded to a JS for no add'l cost when prices dropped even further. We enjoyed the extra space. Since our stop at Coco Cay was cancelled, we spent the morning in the Solarium then hung out in our room for a while in the afternoon, enjoying the peace and quiet.

Having the tub/shower combo was nice, although somehow I had envisioned them being bigger than they were. We had the coffee pot in our room, but didn't try the coffee since I had read such bad reviews. There were robes in our cabin - didn't have to request them (can't remember if that's ever been an issue for others).

It was just DH and me on this cruise. We would book another JS if the price was right and it was just the two of us. Probably wouldn't spend the extra if we were traveling with family/friends like we usually do b/c we don't think we'd spend enough time in the room to justify the extra $$.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Happy to answer any other questions if you have them.

We've never had a coffee maker in any JS...and if we had, I'd still order room service...not a fan of those coffee makers...and powdered creamer....it's NOT cream!

We love the space of a JS, and having a bit more space in the bathroom is nice....I like a tub!....and it's not as expensive as a full suite. I think it's a "win-win"!

We love the space of a JS, and having a bit more space in the bathroom is nice....I like a tub!....and it's not as expensive as a full suite. I think it's a "win-win"!

Also having a Kettle in your room is great if you are a TEA person

The Double C & A Points is Great

We love the walk in closet (not sure if the Enchantment has these) and the double points that come with a JS.

Very few JS staterooms on Vision class with walk-in closets. I only know of two (7166 and 7666) on Enchantment.

Yes, the C&A double points were nice - forgot to mention that.

Oddly enough, I liked this closet the least of any we've had. It had a small, narrow dresser with three drawers. I prefer the open shelves we've had on other ships.

I think for us it comes down to how much time we are in there. And we took a river cruise in October - that cabin was so small it made every other cabin we've had seem like a suite by comparison. ;)

Next up is an aft balcony - that will be a first for us as well. Really looking forward to that one....