Is the Haven crowded now?

Misskitty72

Has anyone been in the Haven on the Escape since these new upsells/bidding started?

Did it feel crowded in the Haven areas? (like the courtyard and restaurant)

I'm just a little worried because I checked my upcoming cruise in January and it's completely sold out. I'm assuming a lot of people took advantage of the upsell bidding thing.

I booked my cruise before the new process went into effect so I didn't get a chance to take advantage of any kind of offer. :mad: It will be annoying if everything in the Haven is just as packed as the rest of the ship.

Yes the Haven on the Escape is really crowded. I can compare it to my previous Haven experience on the Epic which I thought was much, much better. By design, the Escape Haven is much more crowded than other ship's Haven's because there are way more cabins sharing the space.

There is only 1 bar area and it gets really crowded. On the Epic there were 3 seperate bar areas (The lobby bar, the outdoor bar off the courtyard and then up on the sundeck bar)

On the Escape there is exactly 1 bar and that's only the lobby bar.

There also aren't extra attendants as you would expect adding in so many extra suits and people. So the attendant that is running from the upper sundeck to fill drink orders has to run down to the Haven Lobby bar.

The upper sun deck is tiny. I'm going to say there are only about 25 loungers and probably 10 of them are in the smoking section of the Haven. The upper sundeck has turned into the same situation as on the main pool deck. There are lounge hoggers and in general there is no where near enough loungers or space for the people that want to be out there enjoying it.

The courtyard area is bigger but is completely glass and metal enclosed and getting several people in there and kids, gets really noisy. I have my own kids, I'm used to noise but inside the Haven courtyard, there is a specific noise issue. The noise just bounces around all the glass and metal enclosure. It was hard to be in the courtyard very long with the echoing and noise.

I thought the Haven dedicated dining area was lovely. I thought the food was excellent and so, so much improved over several years ago NCL food. Seriously an enormous food improvement!

But I'm not impressed with the current Haven experience on the Escape overall as they have pushed it to the limits. There are too many people now in the space and at the same time they are reducing amenities. Fewer bars, much higher ratio of guests to attendants, extreme loss of space on the upper sundeck, lots of lounge hogging now and very noisy design of the courtyard.........

There are problems.

Edited by Vyhanek

Thanks for your response.

Oh well, I'll just have to deal. I've never stayed in the Haven before so I don't have anything to compare it to. At least I know what to expect, so I guess I can only be pleasantly surprised if things go well.

Thanks again!

wife and I were in Haven last July on the Getaway, and it was really nice.

We leave in a month for Haven, again on the getaway. I expect it to be a little more crowded, but I still have to think it will be "less crowded" than the non-haven areas, and less loud than the main pool. I guess I'll find out in a month or so.

Granted we spend most of our time in the spa, I don't mind some noise around the pool area. It is too easy to pop in a few ear plugs or my headphones and block out all the noise around me.

Yes the Haven on the Escape is really crowded. I can compare it to my previous Haven experience on the Epic which I thought was much, much better. By design, the Escape Haven is much more crowded than other ship's Haven's because there are way more cabins sharing the space.

There is only 1 bar area and it gets really crowded. On the Epic there were 3 seperate bar areas (The lobby bar, the outdoor bar off the courtyard and then up on the sundeck bar)

On the Escape there is exactly 1 bar and that's only the lobby bar.

There also aren't extra attendants as you would expect adding in so many extra suits and people. So the attendant that is running from the upper sundeck to fill drink orders has to run down to the Haven Lobby bar.

The upper sun deck is tiny. I'm going to say there are only about 25 loungers and probably 10 of them are in the smoking section of the Haven. The upper sundeck has turned into the same situation as on the main pool deck. There are lounge hoggers and in general there is no where near enough loungers or space for the people that want to be out there enjoying it.

The courtyard area is bigger but is completely glass and metal enclosed and getting several people in there and kids, gets really noisy. I have my own kids, I'm used to noise but inside the Haven courtyard, there is a specific noise issue. The noise just bounces around all the glass and metal enclosure. It was hard to be in the courtyard very long with the echoing and noise.

I thought the Haven dedicated dining area was lovely. I thought the food was excellent and so, so much improved over several years ago NCL food. Seriously an enormous food improvement!

But I'm not impressed with the current Haven experience on the Escape overall as they have pushed it to the limits. There are too many people now in the space and at the same time they are reducing amenities. Fewer bars, much higher ratio of guests to attendants, extreme loss of space on the upper sundeck, lots of lounge hogging now and very noisy design of the courtyard.........

There are problems.

NOW this is a first world problem, too many people not exclusive enough. :rolleyes:

Don't base what to expect on one persons or even a few people's experience. There are too many variables involved. Go and enjoy [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree go and enjoy. Just because the ship is full does not mean you will ever feel crowded in the Haven. Plan on having a great time and you will. Happy cruising!

My experience on Escape in the Haven was the opposite of "Vyhanek". The pictures that I took show more empty loungers than used ones. Sometimes, 10 loungers in a row were empty. There were plenty of attendants (they got to know us by name), never a wait for the Haven restaurant (we even had a favorite table for breakfast which was usually available), and the bar never had more than 2 or 3 people sitting there and hanging out (never a wait of more than a few seconds even if the passenger at the bar was being chatty with the bartender).

One of the biggest factors is WHEN a person sails. If it's during summer vacation, spring break, or a holiday (for ex.), there will be more kids.

My experience in June was no - not crowded at all. Never more than 2-4 people using the pool and/or hot tubs, a lot of empty chairs on the sun deck and courtyard, no problems walking in anytime and being seated immediately for meals, etc. The Haven is designed to NOT be crowded.

My experience on Escape in the Haven was the opposite of "Vyhanek". The pictures that I took show more empty loungers than used ones. Sometimes, 10 loungers in a row were empty. There were plenty of attendants (they got to know us by name), never a wait for the Haven restaurant (we even had a favorite table for breakfast which was usually available), and the bar never had more than 2 or 3 people sitting there and hanging out (never a wait of more than a few seconds even if the passenger at the bar was being chatty with the bartender).

One of the biggest factors is WHEN a person sails. If it's during summer vacation, spring break, or a holiday (for ex.), there will be more kids.

This was exactly our experience in August on the Escape, even down to having the same table for breakfast each morning! Yes, there were quite a few families in the Courtyard area, children were using the pool, having fun and enjoying themselves. I understand about the mention of the noise bouncing around the courtyard area, but up on the sundeck it was always calm and peaceful. We LOVED it.

I just got off the Epic last week and it was sold out.....Posh was dead and the Courtyard was dead. Restaurant was busy at Prime times for breakfast and Dinners but service was quick IMO. I stayed in the Escape Haven as well and it wasn't bad. the courtyard was dead and so was the sun deck as well. people like hanging out in the bars and waterfront. I wouldn't worry.....plus you're on vacation just enjoy yourself :)

This was exactly our experience in August on the Escape, even down to having the same table for breakfast each morning! Yes, there were quite a few families in the Courtyard area, children were using the pool, having fun and enjoying themselves. I understand about the mention of the noise bouncing around the courtyard area, but up on the sundeck it was always calm and peaceful. We LOVED it.

Thank you for your comment.

My dh and I are leaving the kids at home and sailing Escape in Haven for my 50th birthday in August, can't wait. We had quite a few kids and families in Haven on Breakaway this July but we always relaxed upstairs and never had a problem.

Can't wait!

Thank you for your comment.

My dh and I are leaving the kids at home and sailing Escape in Haven for my 50th birthday in August, can't wait. We had quite a few kids and families in Haven on Breakaway this July but we always relaxed upstairs and never had a problem.

Can't wait!

Ooo what a way to celebrate your 50th!

We were treated to our Haven on the Escape by family as it was our Silver Wedding anniversary! We had no idea until we arrived in Miami......truly spoilt and VERY special. :)

Enjoy your Escape!