A Tale of two Princesses

scubacruiserx2

You are absolutely right about those dolphins , they are very sneaky ! When Pat was with Ty at Chunkannab once , one just popped up right in front of him !

Of course there is nothing like a random close encounter with one , like you experienced ! :) :D

We did see a large pod of Dolphin on the CB once when we went down to tea in the afternoon (no camera) . They swam beneath the ship and popped up on the other side . It was amazing ! :cool:

LOL, yes, some times the odds are in our favour for chance meetings.

I love seeing wildlife and especially from off the ship. When cruising off deception Island in Antarctica, we were watching some Fin whales from our balcony and then in the distance coming towards us (from the starboard bow)the sea start to boil. It was thousands of penguins swimming towards the island, they went under the ship. I raced to the promenade on the port side to get more photos and got to see the killer whales that were chasing them. I returned to the cabin to find Rosie crying (for joy).

Apparently, a humpback had just breached right in front of the balcony and she had a moment of enlightenment with the majesty of nature.

These majesty of nature moments happen often when cruising down there.

I love seeing wildlife and especially from off the ship. When cruising off deception Island in Antarctica, we were watching some Fin whales from our balcony and then in the distance coming towards us (from the starboard bow)the sea start to boil. It was thousands of penguins swimming towards the island, they went under the ship. I raced to the promenade on the port side to get more photos and got to see the killer whales that were chasing them. I returned to the cabin to find Rosie crying (for joy).

Apparently, a humpback had just breached right in front of the balcony and she had a moment of enlightenment with the majesty of nature.

Mic, that sounds like a spectacular day! I have Antarctica on my cruise bucket list. I am not sure yet when we will be going there, but we will be going at some point. :D

Joe, we made some changes to our Panama Canal sailing. We have decided we really wanted the space of the mini suite, and we also moved our sailing date back a couple of weeks. We are now in E731, the last mini on the starboard side. We will have an extended balcony with some aft view in addition to our side view.

Edited by perfect match

Mic, that sounds like a spectacular day! I have Antarctica on my cruise bucket list. I am not sure yet when we will be going there, but we will be going at some point. :D

Joe, we made some changes to our Panama Canal sailing. We have decided we really wanted the space of the mini suite, and we also moved our sailing date back a couple of weeks. We are now in E731, the last mini on the starboard side. We will have an extended balcony with some aft view in addition to our side view.

It sure was a great day, :D

Perhaps you should join Joe's cruise. That sounds like a great cabin as well.

Wow , what an amazing encounter !! It sounds like some great memories ( and hopefully , some great photos ) . ;)

I'm not sure if we can wait 2 years to go to Antarctica . :) :D

That cabin is highly prized by many people for the view , it's size and it's one of the few mini suites that are covered .

Most of the mini suites are on the floor above and stick out from the ship . It's good if you like sun , but they lack privacy .

DSC09234-001_zpsw7kukiom.jpg

Joe and Pat, I loved seeing you both look so happy enjoying your UBD. Like Colo Cruiser, I'm hungry now, too! Specifically for that steak!

It sure was a great day, :D

Perhaps you should join Joe's cruise. That sounds like a great cabin as well.

Mic, I'd love to, but for now I'm temporarily banned by my DH, Barry, from any more bookings or changes. After booking two cruises, then ending up changing both of them, then a room and date change to one of the new bookings he needs a bit of a break from my planning. I have promised to behave myself - at least for now. :o

That cabin is highly prized by many people for the view , it's size and it's one of the few mini suites that are covered .

Most of the mini suites are on the floor above and stick out from the ship . It's good if you like sun , but they lack privacy .

DSC09234-001_zpsw7kukiom.jpg

Joe, thanks for the zoomed in picture. We actually had this room for both of the bookings on CB that I cancelled. We really liked the room size, in early Oct we will enjoy the shade, and while it is not a direct aft cabin, we will still have a pretty good view aft. When we decided we really wanted a mini instead of the aft balcony, I looked around and found E731 still available on the Oct 8 sailing, so we made the move. We both think we will be really happy there

One of the differences which we enjoy on Princess is the UBD . We did it early on the Regal in order to have some nice flowers which would brighten up the cabin for the week . However , the flowers on the Regal looked recycled and they were not left with us at the end of the meal , as they had always been in the past .

DSC08519-001_zpslgtkt4xg.jpg

On the CB we wanted a sunset with our UBD and so we had the dinner on the last night . The flowers were fresh and we gladly left them with our extraordinary cabin attendant Gemma . She is fantastic both as a worker and a human being and we loved spending time with her !

DSC09302_zps27yixkmj.jpg

She deserves every penny that she is paid and more than the extra which we shared with her . She was hands down , our vote for Consummate host Which brings us to another Princess difference . They treat their employees better and more humane than most cruise lines ! :)

The final tale of the tape .

DSC09296_zpsiqjevrow.jpg

DSC09298_zpskforpbpf.jpg

DSC09299_zpsuzpmyvnm.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

We crept back slowly toward Ft. Lauderdale under the cover of darkness .

DSC0932020Stitch-001_zps9w3ozuoh.jpg

DSC09336_zpshpyaolxv.jpg

Video: The pool near the Sanctuary -

Video: Entering Port Everglades -

The Harmony of the Seas

DSC09353_zpscyenpiaz.jpg

We had received this note the night before . We had left from terminal #21 but had returned to terminal #2 .

1407cab6-3e1a-4119-a1ef-350cd6e7dd12_zpskelzax8k.jpg

This was the same view which we had when we first left 13 days earlier on the Regal . But of course that was in the afternoon and not pre sunrise .

DSC09360-001_zpskyzhv3ug.jpg

We park off site and the shuttles pick up at all of the ships and so we weren't affected by the change in terminals .

d7848131-2f87-4db1-8265-e928df91c3e5_zpstvkvdyap.jpg

Flowers look great in the room, shame about the Royal's one being tired. Have enjoyed following along these two journeys.

We are really glad that you could make this cruise Mic since it's always a pleasure to have you along ! :) :D

Well , it seems like every cruise and ship are different . On our proper b2b on the CB a couple of years ago we had the same ship and the same crew ( different cabins ) . But with different ports and a different passenger profile , it was like day and night ! :cool: & :eek:

We are really glad that you could make this cruise Mic since it's always a pleasure to have you along ! :) :D

Well , it seems like every cruise and ship are different . On our proper b2b on the CB a couple of years ago we had the same ship and the same crew ( different cabins ) . But with different ports and a different passenger profile , it was like day and night ! :cool: & :eek:

Cheers Joe,

I agree about every cruise being different, and with B2B cruises having two very different experiences and that can happen even when in the same cabin.

Part of it may be personal experiences due to varied weather, ports, staff, other passengers, differing CC members, cabins, ships, etc, but I think some of it is down to making the most of each cruise and the more you cruise the more variations you find to make to most of (even if it is relaxing on an aft balcony).:D

Cheers Joe,

I agree about every cruise being different, and with B2B cruises having two very different experiences and that can happen even when in the same cabin.

Part of it may be personal experiences due to varied weather, ports, staff, other passengers, differing CC members, cabins, ships, etc, but I think some of it is down to making the most of each cruise and the more you cruise the more variations you find to make to most of (even if it is relaxing on an aft balcony).:D

There is a time for everything , and so much to do (or not) ! We have booked the majority of things that we want to on our upcoming cruise , and it's going to be much different on the Eclipse without Tyler . Our Baltic trip memories will also be left behind as the Eclipse is heading toward South America and 7 different tropical islands on the upcoming trip ! :) :D

There is a time for everything , and so much to do (or not) ! We have booked the majority of things that we want to on our upcoming cruise , and it's going to be much different on the Eclipse without Tyler . Our Baltic trip memories will also be left behind as the Eclipse is heading toward South America and 7 different tropical islands on the upcoming trip ! :) :D

See you soon! ;) ... :D

We were on the Pacific Princess just after you were on your cruises .

So Interesting to compare the two lines in cruises so close together.

Edited by chamima

See you soon! ;) ... :D

We were on the Pacific Princess just after you were on your cruises .

So Interesting to compare the two lines in cruises so close together.

Yes , it will be and we're looking forward to meeting you and cruising together ! Aren't you doing a b2b on the Eclipse ?