Coming Back To Princess...but... re: Royal Changes.

LastUsernameEver

No promenade and you have to pay for sauna. This is too much. New ships giants so what is better on Royal and Regal compare to the Grand xlass or the Pacific Princes wich is my favorite ship

:mad:

The Royal Princess Horizon Court buffet area was excellent.....food stations spread out and lots of table seating.

No promenade and you have to pay for sauna. This is too much. New ships giants so what is better on Royal and Regal compare to the Grand xlass or the Pacific Princes wich is my favorite ship

:mad:

It is just a matter of personal opinion. The Royal class ships do sail full, so something is appealing to the masses.

It's been a while since I've sailed on Princess...since 2013 actually. But, in looking at the newer ships (Royal Class I guess) I was sort of horrified to see that there is no actual wraparound promenade. I remember when it felt like a "cheat" when Princess added stairs to the forward part of the (then) newer promenades on other ships.

I hope that this isn't a trend that will continue forever.

I see even the Majestic coming out next year has the same "Almost Balconies" instead of a real Promenade...but, I hope people, like this board perhaps...has been making a stink about this, as *I* would have done, had I been active here.

No promenade makes you horrified??? wow

Horrified is a little strong, but we were disappointed in the promenade on our recent Regal cruise, as well as other design factors on that ship. I knew about most of them ahead of time, but didn't think they would bother us as much as they did. Especially, of course, the lack of stairs. A very hard ship to learn to navigate, especially if your cabin is mid-ship.