Sharing a cabin with snorers

arlanamay

|You can buy ear plugs at the chemist. I sometimes use them when my husband snores, they are made of sponge, or you can get the type that are made from wax. I find the sponge ones more comfortable. I find them very good, in fact, I cant hear the alarm clock going off in the morning.

I'm going on a cruise with my mom and dad and they both snore very loud. Any tips on what to put in my ears?

snoring is the worst for me to be able to sleep around also. invest in a cd player that has the tiny earplugs with them and buy a soothing cd that will tone them out and help you get too sleep. this helps me when i am going to be trapped in a area with a snorer.

I just buy inexpensive foam ear plugs from WalGreens. I sleep with them all the time as any noise can keep me from sleeping. They work well enough though that I sometimes don't hear my alarm clock (Happened this morning. Oops!).

all i could do is laugh at this, because my son wanted to kill me because i was snoring after i had a couple of drinks(i don't drink) all it took was a couple of foo foo drinks and i was done. i will never do that again.....lol

As my mom and I discovered during a night in a motel room recently, my grandma snores...loudly. The three of us are going on a cruise together and mom and I already bought and packed ear plugs that will go in a carry-on. Otherwise two of us won't get any sleep for a week!

You guys - only men snore. Women just breath heavy. At least that's what I tell my husband all the time.

That's so true! My adult son told me once that I snore just like Dad used to. I was horrified! I told him that genteel southern ladies do NOT snore, they just breathe differently.:D

To the OP - Ask your parents to wear the 'BreatheRight" strips while on the cruise.

Who makes the best ear plugs? I mean my mom and dad snore LOUD!!! I even considered paying for my own cabin but it was way too much. The white noise machine is a good idea but to be honest I think that I would have to turn it way upto drown them out. Can you imagine what the whales turned up that high. LOL. The nasal strips I'm not sure aboutIt seems most of their noise comes from their throat. I'll bring some and try.

As my mom and I discovered during a night in a motel room recently, my grandma snores...loudly. The three of us are going on a cruise together and mom and I already bought and packed ear plugs that will go in a carry-on. Otherwise two of us won't get any sleep for a week!

The worst part about this was that when we woke up the next morning, grandma complained that somebody sure did snore! Well, she woke up early-5AM-and the only sleep I got was from 5-7AM!!! SO...we will ALL be wearing earplugs on our cruise!

Someone mentioned those nasal strips. I have sinus problems and I know that I do have a tendency to 'breathe heavy' sometimes! I've tried those and all they did was irritate my nose. My dh said I snored just as bad as before!

Someone mentioned those nasal strips. I have sinus problems and I know that I do have a tendency to 'breathe heavy' sometimes! I've tried those and all they did was irritate my nose. My dh said I snored just as bad as before!

Thanks for letting me know on that! :D

My DH snores LOUDLY on occasion, so I bought him some Snore-ease Spray (I think that's the name) at Wal-Mart. It really does work, and is non-medicating (he won't wear the nose things!). You might want to pack this and leave it on their nightstand, maybe they'll take the hint - lol!!!

Archived