alaskan advice?

thanks...that was a very informative link...but I am a teacher and MUST vacation in July or August. We just vacationed the last week of August on the Escape, and it is the first and last time I will ever go away that week...we returned the Saturday of Labour Day weekend, and I started school on Tuesday...must vacation between July 1 and August 25th

July was wonderful this year. We were on the Solstice July 15th. Except for the glacier ( very cold) the weather was great. Never needed a coat. We also did whale watching, and for over an hour watched humpback whales do bubble net feeding amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I booked my cruise on the Sun for this coming June, I made the reservations in late December of last year. I was anxious to book them as soon as possible, as I wanted an aft-facing balcony (these go very quickly). But I'd been researching for nearly a year leading up to that!!

Edited by OhJinkies

August is the best time of the year for Alaska... how ever its the most expensive for a cruise. June or July will be less money. We had a window room but only because when we booked it was the same price as an inside... truthfully I would never book a window or balcony when going to Alaska. Why, it doesn't get "dark" there in the summer time - save the money and book an inside room... that's my big tip.

Any time you can go to Alaska is the best time. We booked our trips about a year out and had a blast planning what to do. We also did a land tour with the cruiseline, It seemed expensive at the time, but the experiences were what made it priceless. We saw Denali and Fairbanks/Anchorage. tundra and even the mountains. We went on the domed train and had a lunch that included reindeer sausage and salmon from Alaska. YUM

I would also suggest to you to check out the Alaska board. A lot of questions get asked and answered. Have fun planning.

When would be the best time to book an Alaskan for summer, 2018? Any insights?

August would be a great time to cruise Alaska. The salmon are running. The weather is nicer.

NCL will be sailing its newest mega ship, the Bliss on a round trip from Seattle.

Our preference is to do a Northbound cruise from Vancouver to Seward, then taking the train to Delani and spend a few days in the national park before returning home. Sailing from Vancouver is more scenic than spending the extra time in open ocean sailing from Seattle.

Check the cruise dates & prices, and see what works best for you.

I would suggest a balcony, the mountains are majestic as they rise up, seeing the eagles and wildlife make it worth it.

Weather can be so iffy, during the time you are going, it will be nice. But it can pour rain there at anytime.

Remember you could always rebook if the prices decrease after you book.

:)