Dawn upgrade/upsell/other process

That's the lingo they used for me as well, but they were willing to look up the offers sent in the emails. Did they mention anything other than emails going out - specific to a bidding process? If not, I suspect it's the same old process and you just got someone that didn't want to play along.

Yesterday I notice a drop in the price of my March 5, 2017 cruise on the Dawn plus a they were giving $300 OBC. Of course this lower rate is after the full payment was due. I asked my TA to contact NCL to see if I would be able to get some OBC. NCL said yes to$175 obc and stay in my aft cabin... or at no additional cost I could upgrade to a family balcony suite.

It cannot hurt to call your TA to see if NCL will upgrade your cabin or give you some obc. John.

We called the upsell number on Thursday to inquire about our cruise at the end of the month and were told they haven't sent out the emails about that yet and to check back in a week. The very next day we got an email with the available upgrade rooms and prices.

So,,, there are two different "processes" that we're talking about here.

The Escape and Getaway are using a bidding process, where bid invitations are sent out well in advance of the cruise. You bid. And successful bids are automatically charged for the upsell.

The "old" process for upsells, the upsell department sends out upsell emails (and I have never been exactly sure who they send them to) with the traditional upsell prices (take it or leave it). We cruise a lot, and have only got the "upsell" emails for a few cruises. (E.g., we got an upsell email for an Alaskan cruise on the Jewel in August 2016, but didn't get one for a New England cruise on the Dawn in September 2016).

Edited by BirdTravels

I called NCL to question about upgrade/upsell for 2/5/27 cruise. They said they send out emails to offer those. We were on the Escape in Nov and did get an email for an upsell. I thought that process was just for Escape and the sister ship. Has anyone received emails for upsell for Dawn?

If you were trying to go up to something less than a suite, they usually don't want to talk to you until about a week prior to your cruise.

Can you tell me the NCL upsale/upgrade number to call ??

Thanks

Upgrades can be done by calling the regular reservations number. You pay the difference between the fare you paid and the current retail price of the cabin class you want to go to.

No such thing as "upscale"