room service coffee?

smith6

Last year we were on the Reflection and noticed they had switched coffee service in the morning to sending coffee in 2 paper cups and we used to get a carafe for 2 which we prefer. Is this the norm now?

We've always had coffee in a carafe with cups. We have been sailing in suites lately so don't know if there is a difference between various categories. It seems to me that if you order morning coffee from room service and all they bring is a paper cup for each of you then you would be reordering another cup so where is the savings?

...in concierge class. First morning ordered two cups of coffee for me and tea for the DW. Got two paper cups of coffee and one tea caddy set up. Next day ordered four cups of coffee for me and the tea for the DW. Got the coffee pot for me and the tea set up for the DW. Did that the rest of the cruise and got the coffee pot each morning.

Cheers,

OHP

We were on a balcony and when we ordered carafs of coffee it never came except for first morning. I'm just saying I hope it is not paper cups we specified each morning and the carafes never showed up so were disappointed.

Three cruises on X, two on Connie, one on Millie, all in Concierge. Coffee just for one, as DH doesn't care for it. Always a pot...Unless there was an apologetic explanation of some shortage or unusual circumstances (broken Dishwasher, noro, etc), I would accept it out of desperation, but would submit attention to detail for galley (not the steward!):eek:

On the Equinox in Oct 2016; the room service coffee came in a carafe but was horrible. It tasted and looked like mud left over from the night before.

I tried twice thinking it was a fluke the first time but nope.....

It would be nice to have a small coffee maker for water or coffee in the cabin like other cruise lines do.

In a balcony cabin.

Safe sailing! :)