Drinks???

meggyrn

My husband and I are sailing on Allure on January 29th. This is our first RC cruise. Our one and only cruise was on Disney. On Disney we had unlimited NA drinks with meals and throughout the day. I'm trying to decide if we want to purchase the Deluxe Beverage package. My biggest question is....are NA drinks available at meals free of charge? Also, I'm a huge water drinker, is there water available on the ship free of charge? If NA drinks and water isn't available free of charge, then we'll definitely buy the Deluxe Beverage package since we will be drinking alcohol as well. If we purchase the package, does the price listed include tax and gratuity? TIA!!!

You can get N/A drinks like milk, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, iced tea, lemonade, and coffee. You can get water all day on the ship. There is a cooler with water located next to the pool bars.

Soft drinks are an extra charge. N/A frozen drinks are extra. You can get the royal replenish drink package (non-alcoholic) that includes a refillable drink glass that you can use at the Coke Myway stations located in a few places around the ship. You can get speciality coffee drinks. Regular bottled waters. Frozen N/A drinks at the bars. You can also get soft drinks at dinner with out your refillable glass in the main dining room and speciality restaurants. You can also get freshly squeezed OJ with the RR package. I may be forgetting something.

On the Freedom of the Seas, this package was $26 per day and then an 18% per day tip added to the total. On the Navigator of the Seas last NY's, the same package was $18 per day. I seem to remember that energy drinks, power ades, bottle apple and orange juice were included on this cruise. I do not believe that was the case this year.

The price can vary per ship. If you get the all you care to drink alcohol package, all of the N/A features are included, too.

Edited by baileybrad

May wife and I got the Royal replenish on our Oasis cruise last October. BEST THING EVER for n/a beverages. Anytime, anywhere, dinner, theatre, fresh OJ in the mornings, coke machines with flavored waters, diet drinks, flavored coke, Sprite, etc.

We enjoyed it so much, we've already reserved for our allure sailing in February.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick replies. My husband and I are not soda drinkers. He's a coffee drinker, but just a few cups of black coffee with breakfast. My biggest concern was water being available on the ship free of charge as I need to drink lots of water...I'm ok with it being tap water. I don't need it to be bottled. I think our plan is to "set aside" $750-$800 for drinks. We aren't heavy drinkers. We figure if we buy the drink package we'd have to drink an average of about 11 alcoholic drinks per day everyday between the two of us to break even. I don't think I could drink 5-6 drinks per day everyday, especially the days we are at port. I'll probably drink a glass or two of wine with dinner and a couple beers during the day. It's probably best for us to pay per drink unless anyone else has a different opinion. I know it's a gamble.

ETA...did I read correctly that we can bring 2 bottles of wine per room on boarding day?

Edited by meggyrn

Thanks for the quick replies. My husband and I are not soda drinkers. He's a coffee drinker, but just a few cups of black coffee with breakfast. My biggest concern was water being available on the ship free of charge as I need to drink lots of water...I'm ok with it being tap water. I don't need it to be bottled. I think our plan is to "set aside" $750-$800 for drinks. We aren't heavy drinkers. We figure if we buy the drink package we'd have to drink an average of about 11 alcoholic drinks per day everyday between the two of us to break even. I don't think I could drink 5-6 drinks per day everyday, especially the days we are at port. I'll probably drink a glass or two of wine with dinner and a couple beers during the day. It's probably best for us to pay per drink unless anyone else has a different opinion. I know it's a gamble.

ETA...did I read correctly that we can bring 2 bottles of wine per room on boarding day?

I agree, based on what you have said, it's probably best to pay per drink.

Yes, you can take two 750ml bottles on wine onboard.

Thanks for the quick replies. .... We figure if we buy the drink package we'd have to drink an average of about 11 alcoholic drinks per day everyday between the two of us to break even. I don't think I could drink 5-6 drinks per day everyday, especially the days we are at port. I'll probably drink a glass or two of wine with dinner and a couple beers during the day. It's probably best for us to pay per drink unless anyone else has a different opinion. I know it's a gamble.

Not sure I would agree. Just think about it: a couple beers in the afternoon, a cocktail and a glass of wine with dinner, maybe a nightcap in a lounge and you're already at 5 drinks! Throw in a mimosa a couple of mornings and maybe a couple of evenings where you have a few and you have made your minimum quota. Personally I think the freedom of not worrying about counting, plus enjoying trying new drinks or wines is worth the price. And remember you get all the NA options as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For water, I take with me a refillable bottle that has a filter inside it. I like to take my refillable water bottle off the ship with me as well. I keep it full and next to me, either on my nightstand or in my backpack. The water on board the ship tastes fine, but I still prefer to filter water in my water bottle as well as off the ship should I refill it off the ship.

My family drinks mostly the free stuff. We drink the regular tap water and the flavoured water. My daughter sometimes drink lemonade or ice tea. She also drinks milk.

We drink regular tea and coffee.

This last cruise we brought 2 bottles of wine, received a bottle due to Central Park perks and one from our TA. In the end, we paid for 5 glasses (2 for 1) of wine and 1 beer.

Lattes and virgin slushy drinks are extra. We occasionally buy these.

I would look at what the cost of the drink package is for your cruise. I know I paid $379.96 for mine. So 54.28 a day including the gratuity. Around 750 for 2 people. Now I can get a Bellini after breakfast. Cocktail by the pool, wine with dinner. Chocolate martini during the show. Not to mention the non alcoholic coffee drinks.

On the Freedom of the Seas, this package was $26 per day and then an 18% per day tip added to the total. On the Navigator of the Seas last NY's, the same package was $18 per day. I seem to remember that energy drinks, power ades, bottle apple and orange juice were included on this cruise. I do not believe that was the case this year.

The price can vary per ship. If you get the all you care to drink alcohol package, all of the N/A features are included, too.

OP mentioned they also drink Alcohol. When were drink packages $26 and $18 a day?

My husband and I are sailing on Allure on January 29th. This is our first RC cruise. Our one and only cruise was on Disney. On Disney we had unlimited NA drinks with meals and throughout the day. I'm trying to decide if we want to purchase the Deluxe Beverage package. My biggest question is....are NA drinks available at meals free of charge? Also, I'm a huge water drinker, is there water available on the ship free of charge? If NA drinks and water isn't available free of charge, then we'll definitely buy the Deluxe Beverage package since we will be drinking alcohol as well. If we purchase the package, does the price listed include tax and gratuity? TIA!!!

biggest difference between Disney and Royal: on Royal soda is NOT included as a freebie.

so if you will be drinking a lot of that, you need the package. otherwise, you have the usual iced tea, lemonade, milk, plain coffee and juice from concentrate as well as at least one flavored water.

the water that is free is tap water. perfectly acceptable and safe to drink. if you want bottled, get the package. 18% is added to the base price.

Not sure I would agree. Just think about it: a couple beers in the afternoon, a cocktail and a glass of wine with dinner, maybe a nightcap in a lounge and you're already at 5 drinks! Throw in a mimosa a couple of mornings and maybe a couple of evenings where you have a few and you have made your minimum quota. Personally I think the freedom of not worrying about counting, plus enjoying trying new drinks or wines is worth the price. And remember you get all the NA options as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where, in the morning, do you find a bar open to get a mimosa?? I would like to be able to get a couple, but can never find an open bar.

It looks like we are allowed to bring a bottle of wine on board the ship when first boarding to drink in our room. is that true. Can we bring bottled water on board?

You are allowed two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, no matter how many guests in the stateroom. No corkage fees anwhere on the ship.

Bringing any other beverage is against the rules, but they usually allow water and soda.

Where, in the morning, do you find a bar open to get a mimosa?? I would like to be able to get a couple, but can never find an open bar.

Last week I saw mimosas on sale for 1$ from noon to 1pm more than once. I didn't look into it as I don't drink them.

I'm on the same cruise as you; Allure Jan 29th.

If you are setting aside $750 - $800 then I would just go ahead and buy the alcohol package. For two people it's $760 and then you can just drink whatever you want.

I'm not a huge drinker but the package allows you to experiment and try some different drinks without having to feel bad about just having spent $11 on a drink that sucks. If you hate it then just toss it and try something else.

It's been a long, tiring year so we bought the package and I intend to make the most of it. [emoji56]

Edited by Freehike

Many ships have a bar in Windjammer.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

Last week I saw mimosas on sale for 1$ from noon to 1pm more than once. I didn't look into it as I don't drink them.

Thanks.

I'm on the same cruise as you; Allure Jan 29th.

If you are setting aside $750 - $800 then I would just go ahead and buy the alcohol package. For two people it's $760 and then you can just drink whatever you want.

I'm not a huge drinker but the package allows you to experiment and try some different drinks without having to feel bad about just having spent $11 on a drink that sucks. If you hate it then just toss it and try something else.

It's been a long, tiring year so we bought the package and I intend to make the most of it. [emoji56]

After the day I've had today and the last week I'm close to purchasing the package.

If I purchase the drink package and change my mind, can I cancel up until a few days before the cruise? I am so wishy-washy on it. I just need to make a decision and stick with it. It's not like I'm not going to be able to do something I want or go without something if we purchase it. If the extra $750 was included in the total cost of the cruise, I'd think nothing about it. It's just the thought of spending that much on alcohol. On our Disney cruise we purchased one drink each but that's a different atmosphere I'm sure. We had our kids with us and it's more of a family environment. I agree with being able to try different drinks and not feeling bad about it. We are not soda drinkers at all so the unlimited soda isn't a benefit for us. The benefit would be the bottled water, out of convenience, and the alcohol. I tend to be cheap so if we didn't purchase it I could see really questioning if I needed to order a drink. My husband will be in a conference for a few hours a day while we are at sea so he won't be able to drink then. He says he'll make sure he drinks his quota for the day :)