Past Carnival Guest Benefits

Cardinala

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Perhaps they meant that there was no additional charge? Or they used it in port with their own wireless? It's definitely not free... and not cheap!

Can I access the internet while on board?[IMG]http://www.carnival.com/Images/spacer.gif[/IMG]For those guests who want the option of staying connected to the everyday world, we have implemented Internet Cafes fleetwide.
The Cafe is open 24-hours a day and features private workstations with the latest flat panel computer terminals. Guests will have the ability to send and receive e-mail and access Internet sites. Guests can access their home account through AOL, Hotmail, Juno or Yahoo or have the option of setting up their very own temporary account on board with our CruiseE-mail.
The computers are equipped with WordPad.
The Internet is accessed via satellite through a satellite modem and guests are able to surf the internet as if they were at home. Files can be downloaded as "read only" but cannot be saved, since a floppy disk cannot be inserted into the PC's.
The Internet connection speed is able to connect with bursts of 2.5 megs and 128 kbps upstream.
If Palm Pilots are wireless than guests can take advantage of our wireless access.
Guests may bring their own personal Laptop for use on board by using our Wireless Internet Service.
If the laptop is not equipped with a Wireless Internet Card, guests will need to rent one from the Internet Cafe.
If the laptop is running on Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 95, software will be installed in order to run the Wireless System. This will take approximately five minutes.
If the laptop is running on Windows XP, the above software is not needed. The Wireless Internet Service is compatible with a Wireless 802.11b card, which is the industry standard.
Even with the wireless service, guest's personal Laptop must be used in close proximity of the Internet Cafe. It cannot be used in guest’s staterooms.
[B]Internet Cafe Price List[/B]
Charges for the following services will be billed directly to guest's Sail and Sign Account as follows:
A one time activation fee is $3.95.
To obtain a temporary account while on board, the set-up charge is $3.95.
To print information, the charge is $.50-per page.
To utilize the service of the Internet Cafe, whether using a private workstation, renting a laptop or using the guest's personal laptop, the charge is:
$.75-per minute.
Block of Minutes (no refund for unused minutes):

[B]3, 4 or 5 Day Cruise[/B]
30 minutes for $16.50 (.55 per minute).
60 minutes for $24.00 (.40 per minute).

[B]7 Day Cruise or Longer[/B]
100 minutes for $55.00 (.55 per minute).
250 minutes for $100.00 (.40 per minute).
To rent a Wireless Internet Card for a guest's personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day. To rent a Laptop, the charge is $35.00 per day; optional insurance is $10.00 per day.[/quote]

That is CRAZY expensive.

So, for me to use my own laptop for an 8 day cruise, it would cost me $100.00 for maximum minutes, plus it would cost me $10.00/day for a wireless card? $180.00 to use my own computer for the week? That is CRAZY!

[quote name='Cardinala']That is CRAZY expensive.

So, for me to use my own laptop for an 8 day cruise, it would cost me $100.00 for maximum minutes, plus it would cost me $10.00/day for a wireless card? $180.00 to use my own computer for the week? That is CRAZY![/quote]

Cost us about $65 last week. My laptop is wireless... so we didn't need to rent a card... we only bought the 100 minute package at first, which was good because the internet was down a few times... we bought some spare minutes here and there once our package ran out... it was definitely worth it to us to be able to check on our customers... and loved the BTS wifi!!

Oh, ok. So you didn't need to purchase this card. For some reason I thought it was a card to hook up to their wireless. My laptop is also wireless, so I won't need it. I guess it'll be a game-time decision what package to get.

I like to upload pictures while I'm away, but it is time consuming and that's why I don't want to be looking for internet cafe's when I'm off the boat. But, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for internet access either.

[quote name='Cardinala']Oh, ok. So you didn't need to purchase this card. For some reason I thought it was a card to hook up to their wireless. My laptop is also wireless, so I won't need it. I guess it'll be a game-time decision what package to get.

I like to upload pictures while I'm away, but it is time consuming and that's why I don't want to be looking for internet cafe's when I'm off the boat. But, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for internet access either.[/quote]

I always just upload the pics to my laptop, and don't post them online until I get home. It's far too time consuming to do it on the ship, and costly with as slow as it is. You might want to post one or two online to save time and money.

Well, I don't know if you've seen this website before, [url]www.mytripjournal.com[/url]

It's a fantastic way for your friends and family to follow along with you on your travels. I used it in the summer when I went to Hawaii, and got great reviews from everyone that followed along. I was hoping to do the same thing on the cruise.

Was your connection really good and fast on the ship? Uploading pictures to that site does take a few minutes, but it still may be worth it.

Well, I don't know if you've seen this website before, www.mytripjournal.com

It's a fantastic way for your friends and family to follow along with you on your travels. I used it in the summer when I went to Hawaii, and got great reviews from everyone that followed along. I was hoping to do the same thing on the cruise.

Was your connection really good and fast on the ship? Uploading pictures to that site does take a few minutes, but it still may be worth it.

No, the speed is not fast. It is equivalent to dial-up, with some quicker bursts here and there... but I am used to high speed, and it's definitely NOT that!!!!

I want to say they had bow to stern internet on the Conquest, I seem to remember them saying something about that at one of the welcome-aboard talks. Now I'll have to figure out if that's true, or just a cocktail-induced hallucination. ;)

My laptop never detected a wireless network in our cabin. Maybe you visited Boris a little too often before that talk. :D

My laptop never detected a wireless network in our cabin. Maybe you visited Boris a little too often before that talk. :D

Ha! Drunk again! :D

Well then I think you've got the definitive answer! Donna wins, she'd be able to tell us if it were bow to stern for sure, so I'm definitely wrong!

that's a good point (repeaters wanting more and more) . I never thought about that since I am just always just so glad to be there, I walk around with this grin on my face!!! Personally, that is one of the reasons we stick with Carnival is because I like knowing what to expect. And we have found the 11 or so ships we have been on as a family to be very consistant. (All good...or we wouldn't keep coming back) I would consider myself very easy to please. As long as I don't have to plan it, shop for it, prepare it and clean up after it....I am happy!

OK guys I emailed Mr Dickinson yesterday re platinum perks and offered some suggestions.

He replied today. Something must be in the works as he said "let me know how you enjoy your Jan cruise"

One of my suggestion was use of the skippers club regardless of cabin status.

So we will see I guess. I was very surprised and pleased that he responded so quickly.

So all you platinum cruisers, hang in there.

OK guys I emailed Mr Dickinson yesterday re platinum perks and offered some suggestions.

He replied today. Something must be in the works as he said "let me know how you enjoy your Jan cruise"

So we will see I guess. I was very surprised and pleased that he responded so quickly.

That's fabbo! Seriously!

Wow, can't wait to hear what kind of changes are coming down the pike for you loyal repeaters!

• 7 months later...

We sailed with carnival in 1990, they can't locate a previous cruise ID# for us because of the amount of time and upgrades in their computer system, but found us in their system. Anyone have this happen to them and have carnival resolve it by you providing proof of your previous cruise in order to get the previous cruise discount rate with upgrades?

Thanks in advance

As a platinum member, you get monogrammed stationary waiting for you in the cabin, free laundry service for the length of the trip, VIP checkin, past guest party, canapes one night in the cabin, pettit fours one night in the cabin, your choice of nights, guaranteed booking in the supper club and other perks. My hubby and I are golden but travelled with friends who are platinum and we got VIP boarding and debarkation because we were with them. It was awesome. We have only three cruises left and then we become platinum. Carnival has lots to offer and they are the only cruise line we travel on.

SAIL ON...............LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND!

Guest YesitDonna

My first cruise was in 1991 and they had record of that ann all my others. I have heard though that if you can show them something to show you were on the ship they will give it to you. Like the picture when you first board that shows the date and ship name right on the picture or boarding passes or something like that.

We sailed with carnival in 1990, they can't locate a previous cruise ID# for us because of the amount of time and upgrades in their computer system, but found us in their system. Anyone have this happen to them and have carnival resolve it by you providing proof of your previous cruise in order to get the previous cruise discount rate with upgrades?

Thanks in advance

We had to have 8 cruises added because they started back in 1982ish...long before any computers were around.

If you go to the Carnival website, sign in and go to cruise history...they will prompt you from there on how to add cruises not listed. We ended up having to fax them embarkation pictures for 7 of the cruises and we happen to have a luggage tag and a regular photo for the very first one. All have been added!

We are looking for the 1990 honeymoon photos from the Holiday now. We'll post our experience after we contact carnival again tomorrow. :)

Happy Independence Day (4th)

God Bless America

my last 2 cruises i had category 1a and 4f and i used the skipper club

• 1 year later...
We are looking for the 1990 honeymoon photos from the Holiday now. We'll post our experience after we contact carnival again tomorrow. :)

Ditto, I am in the same place. I too sailed on the Holiday in 1990 and they can't find a record of that cruise. I noticed yesterday when I was looking at my cruise history on carnival.com. I called them and asked what I needed to do to add it and I got the same answer: embarkation photos.

Well, I was 14 when I took that cruise so not sure if I stilll have those but I'll have to look. It's weird that it is so hard to get that information. I know what ship I sailed, what date I sailed, even what cabin I stayed in (E252) and yet, they say they can't find it since they only keep guest records for 2 years, which I thought was weird.

Ditto, I am in the same place. I too sailed on the Holiday in 1990 and they can't find a record of that cruise. I noticed yesterday when I was looking at my cruise history on carnival.com. I called them and asked what I needed to do to add it and I got the same answer: embarkation photos.

We faxed them a photo with the ships insignia and they added it to our cruise history. The computerized record keeping has gotten much better in 2008! If you fax them literally anything showing you traveled I'd bet they'll give you credit! Be persistent, they want you to be a happy customer!

We faxed them a photo with the ships insignia and they added it to our cruise history. The computerized record keeping has gotten much better in 2008! If you fax them literally anything showing you traveled I'd bet they'll give you credit! Be persistent, they want you to be a happy customer!

Thanks for letting me know, that is good to hear! May I ask what fax number you used? Thanks again.

I realize I'm jumping into this late... I cruised only twice before - once on Celebrity and once on Carnival... I had no idea that I even got past guest benefits - and now am very excited about a different color sail and sign card

: )

I loved sailing on Carnival - but for those who are upset about the VIP treatment - I highly recommend Celebrity - it's a little pricier, but if you look, you can find great deals!

I realize I'm jumping into this late... I cruised only twice before - once on Celebrity and once on Carnival... I had no idea that I even got past guest benefits - and now am very excited about a different color sail and sign card

: )

I loved sailing on Carnival - but for those who are upset about the VIP treatment - I highly recommend Celebrity - it's a little pricier, but if you look, you can find great deals!

I'd call their customer service # and ask where to fax the info. You also get invited to their past cruisers gathering where they talk about the company, show a video, and have free cocktails and soft drinks available. It's fun to do we always try and go see whats new and old with the line. Usually the officers attend this. It's usually in the afternoon on a sea day during the middle to the end of the cruise. Some lines also give you a discount book for various things on the ship (IE drinks, wine tasting, purchases, photos etc). There are special perks once you've cruised with them a lot, not sure we'd ever cruise that much. You mind as well get credit if you can for what you have sailed. If nothing else push them hard for credit for one of the sailings so you at least are a past cruiser and get invited.

It's not a lot but its something!

Archived