Oasis "first night done right"

Decided to try this option for the first time. 15 bucks per person booked in

advance for specialty restaurant on the first night that they pick for you.

Grab bag kind of thing I guess.

Anyone have any opinions on how it worked out for you...yah..or nah?

Sounds like a no lose proposition if you aren't a picky eater.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yup, that's why I booked it. Can't go wrong at that price I guess. ;)

Unless they charge you more later according to the restaurant they

pick for you??!! :eek:

We purchased it for our Dec 11 cruise- there was no info in our cabin so we just showed up at Giovanni's Table around 6:30 and were seated immediately- best deal going[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So that was the whole charge (30.00 except for tip) on the one night package?

Almost sounded too good to be true. Then again on the BOGO, that would be

about the same amount of money anyway I guess.

Edited by island lady

Find out on Jan 15th if that is accurate. On Dec 11th it was, 18th they were trying to say it was $15 OBC with 50% off the restaurant's price.

Even spoke with the Officer in charge of restaurant operations and he said it was 15 obc and 50% off (He daid there was an onboard meeting during the Dec 11th sailing setting the guidelines).

Oasis in all cases.

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

We used this on December 4 and 11 B2B on Liberty. It's a great value. We were never notified of a specific reservation that was made for us, so just went to Chops and made reservations. The program was new at the time and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Fortunately I had printed my confirmation from the cruise planner and they eventually figured it out.

We used this on December 4 and 11 B2B on Liberty. It's a great value. We were never notified of a specific reservation that was made for us, so just went to Chops and made reservations. The program was new at the time and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Fortunately I had printed my confirmation from the cruise planner and they eventually figured it out.

Thanks! Kind of neat to have someone surprise us. Can't think of any of the

specialty restaurants I would not want to go to, and most likely won't go

hungry. ;) :)

Find out on Jan 15th if that is accurate. On Dec 11th it was, 18th they were trying to say it was $15 OBC with 50% off the restaurant's price.

Even spoke with the Officer in charge of restaurant operations and he said it was 15 obc and 50% off (He daid there was an onboard meeting during the Dec 11th sailing setting the guidelines).

Oasis in all cases.

On Dec. 18 Oasis I purchased $15pp dinner at Hospitality Table when we boarded for Giovanni's. I had already purchased a "Chef's Table" package on line at $85pp. Restaurant manager had never heard of it, luckily I had printed a copy when I purchased, thus they honored it. He tried to tell me it did not include Chef's Table. Proof is in the printing.

On Dec. 18 Oasis I purchased $15pp dinner at Hospitality Table when we boarded for Giovanni's. I had already purchased a "Chef's Table" package on line at $85pp. Restaurant manager had never heard of it, luckily I had printed a copy when I purchased, thus they honored it. He tried to tell me it did not include Chef's Table. Proof is in the printing.

Agree...as complicated as these specialty dining packages are now, I guess

it is confusing for the crew members as well. :eek:

Printed confirmations are always a good "CYA". ;)

You got that right.

Not the first cruise my printed copy did the trick. How much does a sheet of paper and a little printer ink cost? When I spend my money I want proof of purchase as you said to CYA.

My case in CP150 on Dec 18th, pulled up the site showing the promotion for Jan 15th.

Manager still wanted to argue claiming the site says starting from $15, 50% off. Claimed the process was $15 OBC issued by the restaurant then 50% taken off the bill.

Not the meal being essentially prepaid online.

Edited by chandom

My case in CP150 on Dec 18th, pulled up the site showing the promotion for Jan 15th.

Manager still wanted to argue claiming the site says starting from $15, 50% off. Claimed the process was $15 OBC issued by the restaurant then 50% taken off the bill.

Not the meal being essentially prepaid online.

I went back to RCI's ad on Cruise Planner at https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1011/product/100000003163031036 hoping to prove RCI's shipboard interpretation incorrect.

First Night Done Right

Prices Starting From* $15.00 USD Adult

• Restrictions none

Overview

Embark on a culinary journey with a reservation at one of our specialty restaurants on your first night and save 50%. Select your preferred time and number of guests, and a courtesy reservation will be made on your behalf. You'll receive confirmation of the restaurant chosen for you in your stateroom upon arrival. If you wish to amend to your reservation, you may do so at the hospitality desk or any specialty restaurant.

I'm sorry to report:mad: that I think that 50% off with a pre-paid $15 OBC does agree with what they advertised. I think those who got Chops or wherever for $15 got a better deal than they were supposed to.

As a D+ with First Night BOGO I see no advantage for me to purchase this. It merely makes it somewhat harder for me to make my BOGO reservation once on-board.

Thom

I went back to RCI's ad on Cruise Planner at https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1011/product/100000003163031036 hoping to prove RCI's shipboard interpretation incorrect.

I'm sorry to report:mad: that I think that 50% off with a pre-paid $15 OBC does agree with what they advertised. I think those who got Chops or wherever for $15 got a better deal than they were supposed to.

As a D+ with First Night BOGO I see no advantage for me to purchase this. It merely makes it somewhat harder for me to make my BOGO reservation once on-board.

Thom

Yup and that was an argument given in CP 150 about being D+. CP 150 eventually honored what was thought, $15 prepaid out the door.

Even called Royal's customer service asking about it for the Jan 15th, they said $15 out the door, nothing extra would be charged once on board.

Next morning tweeted to Royal, got a response asking from my booking number. Later that morning every time I went in to the cabin I would get a call from the Restaurant Operations Manager/Officer. After not answering a few the stateroom attendant knocked and said he was trying to get a hold of me (she was tipping him off I was in the cabin).

Wound up having a one on one chat and he reiterated what you came up with as well, $15 OBC/50% off.

Yeah, a cluster f. See what happens in 7 days...

Added:

Oh yeah, no restaurant was prepicked/note left. The Officer stated they were calling rooms if nothing was picked on board before dinner started.

Personally, give it a shot. No risk, worst case $15 OBC/50%. Best case, meal for $15.

Edited by chandom

Yup and that was an argument given in CP 150 about being D+. CP 150 eventually honored what was thought, $15 prepaid out the door.

Even called Royal's customer service asking about it for the Jan 15th, they said $15 out the door, nothing extra would be charged once on board.

Next morning tweeted to Royal, got a response asking from my booking number. Later that morning every time I went in to the cabin I would get a call from the Restaurant Operations Manager/Officer. After not answering a few the stateroom attendant knocked and said he was trying to get a hold of me (she was tipping him off I was in the cabin).

Wound up having a one on one chat and he reiterated what you came up with as well, $15 OBC/50% off.

Yeah, a cluster f. See what happens in 7 days...

Added:

Oh yeah, no restaurant was prepicked/note left. The Officer stated they were calling rooms if nothing was picked on board before dinner started.

Personally, give it a shot. No risk, worst case $15 OBC/50%. Best case, meal for $15.

Thanks for the info. These dining packages are indeed getting too complicated.

Will be interesting to see what happens when we board Oasis on the 22nd. ;)

Yeah, that's what I thought too. No real gamble here. Giovanni's is 30 buck per

pax...and with our D+ BOGO...nets 15.00 per person. Same as this "First night"

offer. If they put us in a higher priced restaurant, I will check to be sure we won't

get the additional charge in advance...or I will cancel before we proceed.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. No real gamble here. Giovanni's is 30 buck per

pax...and with our D+ BOGO...nets 15.00 per person. Same as this "First night"

offer. If they put us in a higher priced restaurant, I will check to be sure we won't

get the additional charge in advance...or I will cancel before we proceed.

That was more of my argument with the Officer as well.

"What keeps you from putting everyone in Chops or CP150. Thus forcing them to pay an up charge." That was when I got the response that they weren't picking on your behalf and making calls to have people book.

Also, on board Giovanni's is $29. So in theory you'll end up with a 50 cent OBC.

On Allure last week they were only honouring that promotion in Giovannis and Samba. Didn't press the issue as Giovannis was fine for us.
I would ASSUME that you could go elsewhere if you were willing to pay additional (ad says "from $15"; "save 50%"), or was that not the case?

I would ASSUME that you could go elsewhere if you were willing to pay additional (ad says "from $15"; "save 50%"), or was that not the case?

It may have been if you pressed the issue or depending on whom you spoke to. I just went to Chops to book it and was told by the manager there that it was Samba or Giovannis only. Since we already had reservations for Chops and Samba for later in the week we booked at Giovannis. Origionally I had seen reports that Giovannis no longer had the filet on the menu however on Allure they still have the filet so going there was not an issue.

"What keeps you from putting everyone in Chops or CP150. Thus forcing them to pay an up charge." That was when I got the response that they weren't picking on your behalf and making calls to have people book.

Also, on board Giovanni's is $29. So in theory you'll end up with a 50 cent OBC.

Ahh..OK...seems so different from ship to ship. On Rhapsody it was 30 bucks,

and on the cruise planner page for our cruise it states: "prices starting at $30.00".

Another RCI inconsistency. ;)

Edited by island lady

I think I may have been dealing with the same man you were Michael on Dec. 18. His name tag said he was manager of CK and insisted there was no Chef's Table 3 night package. He had to eat crow when I produced the printed copy of what I bought and paid for in June 2016 for our Dec. cruise. When I then asked about a 1st night deal they said $15pp and I said sold. So we actually had 4 of 5 nights in specialty restaurants and only night 4 "lobster" in MDR.

Grace

As inconsistent as each ship is from each other...not surprising the crew members

are clueless on these new specialty dining package offers. Not a lot of training on new offers

and policies I am guessing.

Edited by island lady

As inconsistent as each ship is from each other...not surprising the crew members

are clueless on these new specialty dining package offers. Not a lot of training on new offers

and policies I am guessing.

That statement is so true. Some where in the time line I kept on hearing this was the first week (Dec 18) the promotion was being offered. Yup, told them it was done in Chops "as customer expected" last week (Dec 11) with the same promotion.

As I had commented back in December: First Night (Not) Done Right: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433153

Edited by chandom

That statement is so true. Some where in the time line I kept on hearing this was the first week (Dec 18) the promotion was being offered. Yup, told them it was done in Chops "as customer expected" last week (Dec 11) with the same promotion.

As I had commented back in December: First Night Done "not so" Right.

Yup, will be interesting when I try to use it on the 22nd. :eek: ;)