Norwegian bliss: open for (very expensive) bookings

suffield12

the thing about the ship being built yet is, dont they know what it will look like

i was looking at deck plans and they arent complete. how can they NOT know what a certain area will be (restaurant, golf etc etc)

Cruiselines love to build anticipation and reveal things slowly. They only revealed the different cabins so people would know what to book and where the cabins would be located.

I'm sure they know exactly how the ship will look, but we will get that info piecemeal over the coming months.

They realize many will book blind because it's a new ship.

Yeah I know all the excitement for a new ship but really.......

Getaway May 2016 2 bedroom Haven Penthouse $6100

Epic December 2016 2 bedroom Haven Penthouse $6900

I paid those prices and thought they were a good deal for Haven

Bliss December 2018 2 bedroom Haven Penthouse $12,500 No thanks. I will wait a year and I am sure the Price will drop. thinking because it is the new and shiny ship its cost is higher than the rest. But knowing NCL they will put all the Haven pricing in Line with the Bliss very soon.

Brenda,

Thanks for the info. How did you get the free gratuities package? I did not see that offer at this time.

Look for TAs offering group booking. My TA offering two perks for an inside, not one, and also includes Free Gratuities as a choice. They also cover the gratuities on the value of the UBP, which for a 14 day cruise is substantial. Sorry I can't give you the name.

Look for TAs offering group booking. My TA offering two perks for an inside, not one, and also includes Free Gratuities as a choice. They also cover the gratuities on the value of the UBP, which for a 14 day cruise is substantial. Sorry I can't give you the name.

Thanks for the info. We got our cabin booked yesterday with free gratuities & an OBC.

The balcony and inside are not too bad. The Haven is laughable but they must be getting bookings to keep those prices. The Haven really has become a first class passenger area. No working family could ever afford the Haven with their kids. A 2 bedroom Haven is $14,000 not including any kids or the other 2 passengers. No working middle class family could afford to spend over $15,000 for a cruise. If you are wealthy then its no big deal. The Haven used to be promoted for families but it appears NCL (FDR) is going for the Royal families :eek:

Completely agree, when we first starting cruising with NCL it was due to the fantastic 2 bed villas and the family friendly haven. To change the product into an elitist service for me ruins the great product they had

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I feel like I have lost my mind. Today I booked the Oct. 20, 2018 sailing on Bliss out of LA in an AFT Haven suite (H6) $10,160 for 2 people. We had a 2 bedroom family villa (H4) in the Haven on Epic (out of Port Canaveral this last December) for $5,400 for 2 people, nearly double on Bliss. I am "settling" for the AFT - I know it's a great balcony--and as much (or maybe more) square footage as the H4 but it is SOOOO far away from the Haven amenities. And I KNOW it's good exercise...but ...you know... LOL. But truly, I am trading off, as a really quite small Penthouse suite within the Haven complex is $1000 more for WAY less room and balcony. And this is ALL supposing the rooms are similar to the Escape, as the Floor Plan for the Haven Afts suites is not even populated yet. The comfort I am taking is that I can always cancel, just risk losing the $500 deposit (have a CruiseNext Haven Voucher).

I keep thinking that somehow prices will come down and I will be able to get the better deal. The allure for us is that we are in Phoenix and don't like to air travel back east, having to spend the night, LA is so close for us. But we have done the Star like 4 times now and want something different. We shall see. :) One comforting note is my TA gave us $950 OBC and we get the UBP, WiFi, 3 specialty meals and the $50 credit for Shorex in each port....

I feel like I have lost my mind. Today I booked the Oct. 20, 2018 sailing on Bliss out of LA in an AFT Haven suite (H6) $10,160 for 2 people. We had a 2 bedroom family villa (H4) in the Haven on Epic (out of Port Canaveral this last December) for $5,400 for 2 people, nearly double on Bliss. I am "settling" for the AFT - I know it's a great balcony--and as much (or maybe more) square footage as the H4 but it is SOOOO far away from the Haven amenities. And I KNOW it's good exercise...but ...you know... LOL. But truly, I am trading off, as a really quite small Penthouse suite within the Haven complex is $1000 more for WAY less room and balcony. And this is ALL supposing the rooms are similar to the Escape, as the Floor Plan for the Haven Afts suites is not even populated yet. The comfort I am taking is that I can always cancel, just risk losing the $500 deposit (have a CruiseNext Haven Voucher).

I keep thinking that somehow prices will come down and I will be able to get the better deal. The allure for us is that we are in Phoenix and don't like to air travel back east, having to spend the night, LA is so close for us. But we have done the Star like 4 times now and want something different. We shall see. :) One comforting note is my TA gave us $950 OBC and we get the UBP, WiFi, 3 specialty meals and the $50 credit for Shorex in each port....

$ 10,160 ... I want to be you.

I agree with all you said.

I am really surprised that people would pay the Alaska prices considering that most outdoor areas may not be used much.

I don't care much for the smaller ships (non--mega), but for Alaska I think they are the way to go.

The prices in Alaska and at US WEst Coast are a very bad joke, far more expensive than competitors - and this for such a huge, unpersonalized reosrt-style ship not providing any ship and cruise feeling... :rolleyes:

But as long as there's a market - there are too many people not dealing with the new ship but are convinced by built in 2018 instead of 2006, and book it, just because of the marketing. And too late they recognize there are more extra-cost-venues than on the smaller NCL ships.

Alaska with such a resort vessel is a little grotesque, IMHO - it's about the nature, not about floating resorts.

But the Bliss itinerary with such short port timings sadly shows which clients NCL wants to have on new Bliss... :(

I don't think they care so much about bookings because they have the bidding system to fill the cabins. Just think when people get that Haven 2 bedroom for 8k how thrilled they will be; NCL will be also;p

It amazes me that they keep adding Haven cabins and downsizing the Haven areas. I just noticed on the Bliss they took one hot tub out of the Haven Courtyard (there have been 2 since the Epic) Ironically, I have voiced my opinion (often) to have one of the two adults only. Guess they didn't like my suggestion:D

The balcony and inside are not too bad. The Haven is laughable but they must be getting bookings to keep those prices. The Haven really has become a first class passenger area. No working family could ever afford the Haven with their kids. A 2 bedroom Haven is $14,000 not including any kids or the other 2 passengers. No working middle class family could afford to spend over $15,000 for a cruise. If you are wealthy then its no big deal. The Haven used to be promoted for families but it appears NCL (FDR) is going for the Royal families :eek:

Just an FYI:....I was hesitant to book an Aft PH on the Escape because of the proximity to the Haven area.

As it turned out, I thought the size of the balcony (and the separate bedroom) trumped the distance. I really dislike the "postage stamp size" balconies in the 2 bedroom Haven. We spent a lot of time on the balcony. We had breakfast every morning on the balcony, as well as, snacks and some other meals. The views were awesome and we both loved it the cabin. The wind was much less than other balconies I have had.

I actually spent more time in the Haven Lounge than previous cruises,too, due to the lack of craft (or made to order) cocktails elsewhere on the ship. I didn't mind the long walk at all.

I think you made an excellent choice!

Just an FYI:....I was hesitant to book an Aft PH on the Escape because of the proximity to the Haven area.

As it turned out, I thought the size of the balcony (and the separate bedroom) trumped the distance. I really dislike the "postage stamp size" balconies in the 2 bedroom Haven. We spent a lot of time on the balcony. We had breakfast every morning on the balcony, as well as, snacks and some other meals. The views were awesome and we both loved it the cabin. The wind was much less than other balconies I have had.

I actually spent more time in the Haven Lounge than previous cruises,too, due to the lack of craft (or made to order) cocktails elsewhere on the ship. I didn't mind the long walk at all.

I think you made an excellent choice!

Thanks for the good words! We are excited!