Norwegian bliss: open for (very expensive) bookings

suffield12

Has anyone been able to book online or just through a TA or a phone call?

I have been unable to get to a complete booking; just shows prices but will not move past that.

I am Platinum and was signed in to NCL.com.

Thanks!

Safe sailing....:)

$5200 for a spa balcony. Ouch.

I am a first time NCL cruiser, been with RCI twice before (I'm only 25, I've got a long way to being a seasoned cruiser!) But my other two megaships Allure and Anthem for caribbean trips were about 3000 for each trip, Balcony rooms for each.

All the cruise critic info says the best time to book for great prices is as soon as they go on sale, or after final payment. Well if $5200 is the best pricing I'm not impressed.

Does NCL follow their competitors great example and honor lower fares if you bring it to their attention in the future?

7 Day Alaskan cruises are the most expensive. I think my wife and I paid around $4000 for a mini suit on the Jewel last year

i'm looking for fun at the inaugural sailing and noticed connecting cabins are 100 more. never saw that on other ships. is this the norm?

even in haven they have connecting rooms listed separately

Edited by luckyinpa

Let's put it this way...I can do Hawaii in a suite for thousands less than I can do a Bliss suite in the Caribbean.

We paid $3,500/person for our Escape cruise in February of 2016.

Next month, we are paying $3,500 for our Getaway cruise.

Our February 2018 Escape cruise went up in price and we are paying $3,800/person.

But now the price for February 2019 Bliss is $7,049/person? Really? The Getaway for the same week is $4,800/person.

We always sail in H4s during the last week of February (so not Presidents' Day week).

I don't mind prices going up, but this is a bit much. I'll be curious to see how well the cabins fill. Until I sail the Getaway next month, I don't know if I'd be willing to spend $4,800/person for another cruise on that ship.

And besides it being a new ship with different entertainment, is there anything THAT special about the Bliss?

The prices in Alaska and at US WEst Coast are a very bad joke, far more expensive than competitors - and this for such a huge, unpersonalized reosrt-style ship not providing any ship and cruise feeling... :rolleyes:

But as long as there's a market - there are too many people not dealing with the new ship but are convinced by built in 2018 instead of 2006, and book it, just because of the marketing. And too late they recognize there are more extra-cost-venues than on the smaller NCL ships.

Alaska with such a resort vessel is a little grotesque, IMHO - it's about the nature, not about floating resorts.

But the Bliss itinerary with such short port timings sadly shows which clients NCL wants to have on new Bliss... :(

There's two of us (my SO and myself). Threw in the UBP and SDP and everything with taxes and port fees came to just over $2,500. Just gotta add on DSC and flights and we are looking at a vacation falling between $3,200 & $3,300 on a brand new ship!

How many people in your cabin?
Edited by JC5240

Got sticker shop myself for Bliss Alaska Haven. 15K for 7 days 4 people.

If I cant go Haven I don't want to do it and its to much for me to justify so its a non starter.

Yeah it's ridiculous! 4K for 3 on a balcony. I think the problem is no 3 & 4th passengers free. I will wait for those deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But as long as there's a market - there are too many people not dealing with the new ship but are convinced by built in 2018 instead of 2006, and book it, just because of the marketing. And too late they recognize there are more extra-cost-venues than on the smaller NCL ships.

There are plenty of people who know exactly what they are getting when they book new ships and they are booking them because they like what they offer.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: This must be some Haven is all I'm going to say. Craziness.

I was expecting Alaska to be more, but even the other itineraries are way high.. We did the Escape, same Penthouse Haven Balcony in the Haven last May for Eastern Caribbean and Alaska and the Caribbean are over double what we paid for the same cabin and the Mexican Rivera is a little less than double. I looked and for less than the Caribbean/Alaska and about the same as the Mexican Rivera, we could do the 14 day New York to Caribbean on the Escape (which I have no interest on).. I get things go up and Alaska is more expensive, but yeah, NO THANKS.. The prices are outrageous, hopefully it will be just this initial rush and then they will balance out some.

We could cruise every year and do a Balcony, but for us it is worth it to only go every other year and stay in the Haven, but not at these prices..

Has anyone been able to book online or just through a TA or a phone call?

I have been unable to get to a complete booking; just shows prices but will not move past that.

I am Platinum and was signed in to NCL.com.

Thanks!

Safe sailing....:)

I'm getting emails from NCL offering booking for Latitudes members. I did not attempt to book online, but called my TA instead as I had already gotten an email from them about a group booking. You might try a call if you don't use a TA.

Booked this am for the Panama Canal LA to Miami Nov 2018. I refuse to pay those balcony prices, even the OV ones, so it's an inside for us. I don't think $1299 pp for 14 days is too bad, myself. And, we get two perks for our Inside, UBP without paying the gratuities, and Free Gratuities for 14 days as well.

The balcony and inside are not too bad. The Haven is laughable but they must be getting bookings to keep those prices. The Haven really has become a first class passenger area. No working family could ever afford the Haven with their kids. A 2 bedroom Haven is $14,000 not including any kids or the other 2 passengers. No working middle class family could afford to spend over $15,000 for a cruise. If you are wealthy then its no big deal. The Haven used to be promoted for families but it appears NCL (FDR) is going for the Royal families :eek:

Edited by david_sobe

I just priced the Escape the 2nd week in June 2018. Same room (mini suite with a large balcony on Deck 8) and it's pricing $1300 less than the Bliss for a family of 3. Where are the "ship hasn't been built yet" deals I've read about?

Edited by Nator72

I'm getting emails from NCL offering booking for Latitudes members. I did not attempt to book online, but called my TA instead as I had already gotten an email from them about a group booking. You might try a call if you don't use a TA.

Booked this am for the Panama Canal LA to Miami Nov 2018. I refuse to pay those balcony prices, even the OV ones, so it's an inside for us. I don't think $1299 pp for 14 days is too bad, myself. And, we get two perks for our Inside, UBP without paying the gratuities, and Free Gratuities for 14 days as well.

Brenda,

Thanks for the info. How did you get the free gratuities package? I did not see that offer at this time.