Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

For tonight’s entertainment we went to see the much anticipated ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ Broadway Musical. We had made reservations prior to the cruise. The show lasted 75 minutes and it featured Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins. My favorite was Jerry Lee; wow! could he play the piano. This was one of the best shows we have seen on a cruise ship, maybe #1.

Cruising%202016%202935_zpsmd49jeks.jpg

Cruising%202016%202937_zpsz3t3oeqs.jpg

Cruising%202016%202938_zpsx95aqqmo.jpg

Cruising%202016%202940_zpso4izcon9.jpg

That’s it for day 5

Cruising%202016%202941_zps8t5fvtdz.jpg

Our arrival in Cozumel.

Carnival Dream and Liberty of the Sea

Cruising%202016%202942_zpscnth45cp.jpg

Cruising%202016%202943_zpsgdynubai.jpg

We skipped working out and breakfast since we had all inclusive excursion at Mr. Sanchos . The last time we were in Cozumel we went to Mr. Sanchos and had a lot of fun.

The price start at $55 per person for all you can eat and all you can drink experience. You can order food and drinks from the menu or visit the two buffets. This time we splurged and went for the ‘Mr. Sancho's Romantic Day at the Beach for 2’. Everything from the All Inclusive Day Pass plus: Cabana on the beach comfortably furnished and curtained for privacy, a 30 minute relaxing massage for each of us in a private cabana and a rose for your loved one. The price for the two of us was $200. What is not included is the transportation, towels and the aquatic park. The aquatic park is approximately $12 per person.

Harvest Caye looks very nice. I had heard not such great things about the sand quality and all, but your pictures are lovely. Are you saying that it was $65pp to do that one zipline from the lighthouse? Or were there other ziplines included in the price? In November, we did 10 lines through the rainforest when we docked at Belize City and it was half that cost. So much fun!

We were at Harvest Caye (on the Getaway) last week and one in our group did the zip line. The $65 cost includes three zip lines, including the "Superman style" zip line. Our friend really enjoyed the zip line and was very impressed with the workers and safety.

There is another package that adds more (maybe a ropes course?), but she just did the basic one.

We had a private beach villa and really enjoyed the experience.

I'm really enjoying the review!

We were at Harvest Caye (on the Getaway) last week and one in our group did the zip line. The $65 cost includes three zip lines, including the "Superman style" zip line. Our friend really enjoyed the zip line and was very impressed with the workers and safety.

There is another package that adds more (maybe a ropes course?), but she just did the basic one.

Great. Thanks for the info!!

Mike, I'm also still enjoying your review! Looking forward to the Mr. Sanchos installment

Such a great review as always! Loving the comparison between the ships. You have convinced me to book a cove balcony on the breeze for our future cruise!

Any tips for when my 15 year old son and I come to Ottawa for a few days this summer!?!

I have been reading all 49 pages so far this week. What a thorough and visual review. Well done. We are pretty loyal to NCL, but I will be doing a carnival cruise with my mom this September. It's interesting to read your take on NCL and how detailed you are with the carnival review.

I have done both Carnival and NCL. They both have their niche. I like Carnival's food and how you can do what you want when you want. Carnival's philosophy is here is what's happening come join us. Where NCL is here is what's happening and please choose when and what time you want to do it.

I like the openness of the Carnival ships where as NCL Escape has it all glassed in and I know that is the way all the newer ships are going but I like to lean on the rail and watch the sea go buy and feel the wind in my face or overlook the wake at the aft of the ship with no glass in my way.

Such a great review as always! Loving the comparison between the ships. You have convinced me to book a cove balcony on the breeze for our future cruise!

Any tips for when my 15 year old son and I come to Ottawa for a few days this summer!?!

Thank you, there is so much to do in Ottawa, if you like museums my two favorites are the Diefenbunker Museum ( The Diefenbunker is a four-story, 100,000 square foot underground bunker, built between 1959 and 1961. During the Cold War it was intended to house 535 Canadian government officials and military officers in the event of a nuclear war) and the Canadian War Museum which many military vehicles including over a dozen tanks.

I have been reading all 49 pages so far this week. What a thorough and visual review. Well done. We are pretty loyal to NCL, but I will be doing a carnival cruise with my mom this September. It's interesting to read your take on NCL and how detailed you are with the carnival review.

Thanks Joeghartman. :)