Take discount or wait for upgrade?

flyguy909

I posted a more general version of this last month, but have more specifics. Even so.. forgive me if repetitious.

Wife and I are booked on the BA for the 4/9 week (school's out week..argg.. but she's a teacher). I have a B9 aft balcony cabin booked. Been watching pricing almost every day and have already called my booking agent and gotten a discount and onboard credit with one price dip.

So I see another dip yesterday and at this point we are paying same price as a Spa balcony. We would use the fitness center alot and she would like the spa at least a couple times.. and with the Spa rooms MUCH closer to that stuff, I'm considering a sideways switch to a Spa balcony.

Should I wait though? Are prices likely to continue falling. I would guess a regular week would, but the school break week I'm not so sure. Should I call and get additional discount on the aft cabin or wait for a possible better upgrrade? Mini's don't seem worth it, and the Haven looks like it would never come down to what we paid so far.

Would a Aft cabin give me as much leverage as a Spa cabin for a better upgrade later?.. or probably doesn't matter, but thought I'd check.

So I see another dip yesterday and at this point we are paying same price as a Spa balcony. We would use the fitness center alot and she would like the spa at least a couple times.. and with the Spa rooms MUCH closer to that stuff, I'm considering a sideways switch to a Spa balcony.

I'd switch. You'd get Thermal Spa passes which is worth about $400.

I posted a more general version of this last month, but have more specifics. Even so.. forgive me if repetitious.

Wife and I are booked on the BA for the 4/9 week (school's out week..argg.. but she's a teacher). I have a B9 aft balcony cabin booked. Been watching pricing almost every day and have already called my booking agent and gotten a discount and onboard credit with one price dip.

Should I wait though? Are prices likely to continue falling. I would guess a regular week would, but the school break week I'm not so sure. Should I call and get additional discount on the aft cabin or wait for a possible better upgrrade? Mini's don't seem worth it, and the Haven looks like it would never come down to what we paid so far.

Would a Aft cabin give me as much leverage as a Spa cabin for a better upgrade later?.. or probably doesn't matter, but thought I'd check.

I'd switch now. Prices might rise not fall. Or all the spa balconies might sell out at the current price.

spring break! the thermal spa would be a great addition to your trip. however i found its only good for relaxing and doing nothing. certainly no high energy going on in there :)

is is very interesting to be in the thermal pool on very rough sea days so if you get a chance. do that.

also if you move away from the aft room you dont have to worry about spice party noise

If something high energy is going on in there call security

now that would have been interesting. i was all low energy there. no excitement. just looking around. one thing i also noticed out the front windows is the cables on top of the bridge. i'm told they are for safety harnesses. fun fact of the day.

i was in the salt room for 15 min and 'felt' nothing so wondering if it really works?