Indy aft cabin vs aft corner cabin

Have not had the pleasure of an AFT corner on a Freedom class ship, but have two times on Voyager class (very similar). Love, Love, LOVE the corner on deck 7 and deck 9 (don't like 8 so much because of the door situation). Would take 7 over 9 in a heartbeat:).

Little bit longer walk from rear elevators to the back, but look at it as extra calories for dessert:p. It is also very quiet back there and the view is stellar:D

I've stayed in both, one on Indy, one on Liberty. The corner aft balcony on deck 7 is nicer than the corner aft balcony on deck 10. The cabin itself on 10 is bigger. It's about as wide as a junior suite, but with a standard cabin bathroom. It does have a pole in the center of the room, if your into that short of thing[emoji33]. Deck 7 had a Pullman bed, 10 had a sleeper sofa. If I had a choice between the two, I would go with the corner aft on deck 7, it has more usable space on the balcony. And now that I can have a bottle of gin and cans of tonic water delivered to the room I don't have to leave the balcony

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Had corner aft on 7 on Indy last summer for 14 nights in Europe. It was fantastic. Tons of space! We sat out there a lot and enjoyed seeing the ports as we left each one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by masonpips

Deck 8 corner is my favorite. The door is a non issue and does not take away from the cabin. Super private and quiet. Bigger then 9 but less obstructed then 7. There's a nice breeze back there because the Aft gets hot but it's a corner. I wouldn't want a middle aft, it would get too warm. Big enough for two lounges, 2 chairs and a table. What more could you want?

Deck 8 corner is my favorite. The door is a non issue and does not take away from the cabin. Super private and quiet. Bigger then 9 but less obstructed then 7. There's a nice breeze back there because the Aft gets hot but it's a corner. I wouldn't want a middle aft, it would get too warm. Big enough for two lounges, 2 chairs and a table. What more could you want?

I hope deck 8 corner 8410 on Indy is nice.... worth the long walk to the aft:)

I have it booked for the end of the month, didn't find much info prior to booking. That cabin was available to book on Dec 27th, 2016 for the Jan 28th sailing, a couple weeks after final payment . I thought that was strange for an aft cabin to be available unless is somewhat not a favorite, I booked it anyway praying its nice! Its hard to find pictures for any cabin on deck 8... deck 7 and 9 seem to have the most information.

I hope deck 8 corner 8410 on Indy is nice.... worth the long walk to the aft:)

I have it booked for the end of the month, didn't find much info prior to booking. That cabin was available to book on Dec 27th, 2016 for the Jan 28th sailing, a couple weeks after final payment . I thought that was strange for an aft cabin to be available unless is somewhat not a favorite, I booked it anyway praying its nice! Its hard to find pictures for any cabin on deck 8... deck 7 and 9 seem to have the most information.

The walk is really not that long to me but very worth it. I've noticed that since this type of cabin holds three people sometimes they are not released for double or single occupancy until later. You have an awesome cabin in my opinion. You lucked out.

As for pictures, try 8690 and 8390 for Adventures of the seas and it should pull up a similar cabin. I found many pictures and youtube videos of this cabin. Indy will look a little different but the view and space should be the same as 8410 and 8710.

And now that I can have a bottle of gin and cans of tonic water delivered to the room I don't have to leave the balcony

Sorry to step aside from the Aft cabin discussions (we have Freedom corner aft 1700 booked for April Transatlantic) - but would you mind telling what you mean by "getting bottle of gin delivered to the cabin"? Is this something new?

Sorry to step aside from the Aft cabin discussions (we have Freedom corner aft 1700 booked for April Transatlantic) - but would you mind telling what you mean by "getting bottle of gin delivered to the cabin"? Is this something new?

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/bombay-sapphire-and-tonic-package/

There is also a package for rum and coke:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/bacardi-gold-and-coca-cola-package/

Edited by clarea

Thank you clarea! I did not know about these. Wonder why our prices show up as GBP and not EUR or even USD, though...

Thank you clarea! I did not know about these. Wonder why our prices show up as GBP and not EUR or even USD, though...

Check on the top area of the website, there may be a place to change the country.

We ended up with 1700, 10th floor was the only one with corner afts available. It was less than the D2 I had booked originally, but it was after final payment, I'm still thrilled. I had posted a thread a couple days ago about D1 availability when we booked, there were none, then a few days ago probably 30 showed as available??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked 1700 on the Indy and i hope the balcony has not that much obstacles like i saw on the pictures.

Or did the pictures i saw were from a bad angle photographed :)

Cheers

Tom

The pictures I posted were from the balcony of deck 7. I've stayed in cabin 1700 before and there is no obstruction out the rear of the ship. But because 1700 does not have the side porthole, it just feels smaller and more enclosed than the aft corners on deck 7. The superstructure that you see in the pictures is really a non issue.The only problem with both of those balconies is that you will never want to go back to a regular balcony again.

For a TA I'd have to have a few bottles delivered to the cabin.:)