Navigator balcony cabin question

I am currently looking at the Navigator transatlantic in April. We normally cruise on Celebrity and I'm not familiar with the cabin designations at all on that ship. The travel agency I'm using has just about every balcony category at the same price. Can someone tell me if a D1 is the best balcony category? It looks like it's best but it's really hard to tell. Is there any significance between D1, D2, and D3, or is it just location? I was surprised to see that most of the cabins considered 'superior' were so far either forward or aft.

Any advice appreciated, I have the cabin on hold but I have to make a decision by tomorrow. Thanks!

On Navigator, all "D" staterooms are the same size, except possibly for aft facing staterooms, if any. D1's hold more than 2 people. D2 is supposedly in a better location than D3, but many times that is subjective.

"E" category staterooms are smaller than "D" category.

Okay, thanks very much for the quick reply. There are only two of us. Would we be better off in a D2? Does it matter?

The website was spectacularly unhelpful in trying to discern the differences. All I know is that D1's were more expensive than D3's so I assumed they were better in some way. Since all the prices were the same I just went for what I assumed to be the highest category!!

All D's are the same size...really doesn't matter...pick the LOCATION that suits you! We love being near the elevator/stair foyer!

So do I! That's what I was looking for but there were none very close to the elevators on the deck plan! It looks like would be about 10 cabins away from the midship elevators. Not terrible but not ideal. On solstice class ships, I prefer the cabins that are right outside the midship elevators but I can't find those on navigator. Oh well it was really cheap and included prepaid gratuities so I can't complain!

It's all about location. Cabins on the 'hump" and aft facing cabins are very popular. For me, an E1 corner aft cabin beats all cabins hands down followed by an aft jr. suite and then a hump cabin. If you have cruised Celebrity, what are your favorite cabins? Do you prefer forward, middle or aft? Just choose your cabin based upon what part of the ship you prefer. Do you prefer a higher or lower deck? Do you like being closer to the elevator or don't care if you have a walk a bit to your cabin. Do you want to be directly above/below a lounge where you might hear music or noise? Make your decision based on that, not on some category that you are unfamiliar with.

Edited by Teeara

Okay, thanks very much for the quick reply. There are only two of us. Would we be better off in a D2? Does it matter?

The website was spectacularly unhelpful in trying to discern the differences. All I know is that D1's were more expensive than D3's so I assumed they were better in some way. Since all the prices were the same I just went for what I assumed to be the highest category!!

If you are looking for a side-facing balcony stateroom, I'd go for whatever "D" category is least expensive and is in a location you like.

I am currently looking at the Navigator transatlantic in April. We normally cruise on Celebrity and I'm not familiar with the cabin designations at all on that ship. The travel agency I'm using has just about every balcony category at the same price. Can someone tell me if a D1 is the best balcony category? It looks like it's best but it's really hard to tell. Is there any significance between D1, D2, and D3, or is it just location? I was surprised to see that most of the cabins considered 'superior' were so far either forward or aft.

Any advice appreciated, I have the cabin on hold but I have to make a decision by tomorrow. Thanks!

We just looked at location, and deck. I prefer close to mid ship for stability. Curious about your including gratuities, we haven't seen that deal. Was this thru your TA?

Part of the problem is that it is VERY hard to tell on the deck plan what category is which. The colors are too similar and there are too many categories on each deck. I found it very frustrating, plus I was in a hurry to get my reservation in while the special was still going on. I'll try to do more research and see if I can find a cabin closer to the midship elevators. Don't care at all what floor it's on. Thank you for the replies, very helpful.

You can find the deck plans for every RCI ship on the RCI site. The balconies right at the back of the ship (aft) are huge, and have space for chaise longues plus a table, plus room to have a couple of friends over. Almost as big as the cabin itself.

Otherwise, I don't think the designations for balconies are that important. Pick where you want to be on the ship (near elevators; near the bow (front, some say smoother ride); near the dining room; near the pool.

We just looked at location, and deck. I prefer close to mid ship for stability. Curious about your including gratuities, we haven't seen that deal. Was this thru your TA?

Through an online TA, yes. It was a one day special. Plus the cabins were WAY cheaper than on the RCCL website. It looks like there are a ton of available cabins. We're using it for transport to Europe and we need to be there by May 19, which is how we picked this cruise, the only one that got us where we needed to go at the time we needed to be there! But we had to book in a hurry to take advantage of the sale, so I didn't have time to research properly!!