Magic- Latest debarkation

CruisinMenika

Can someone who has sailed the Magic lately tell me what the latest time is to get off the ship? We have a private transfer booked and our flight is afternoon. We would like to stay on the ship as late as possible rather than sitting at the airport. I need to let the shuttle know a pick up time.

Can someone who has sailed the Magic lately tell me what the latest time is to get off the ship? We have a private transfer booked and our flight is afternoon. We would like to stay on the ship as late as possible rather than sitting at the airport. I need to let the shuttle know a pick up time.

If your flight is late afternoon, I'd cancel the shuttle and do a one way car rental. It's probably cheaper and will give you the flexibility to pop in to a couple things in the Orlando area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The latest "Relaxed Debarkation" time is 10:00am-10:15am for Zones 20-23.

However, I can't image passengers leaving that late. They do really try to get you off the ship as early as possible.

Have the shuttle arrive at 11am. If you disembark at 10:15 am, you still need to walk off the ship, get your luggage and wait in the customs line. Then you need to cross the walkway outside toward the parking garage area for the private shuttle pick up.

Personally, we try to get off the ship as early as possible. We like to avoid the lines. At 11am, there will be passengers arriving. Although in another area, there can be traffic and congestion.

We've disembarked at 7am and have had breakfast in Orlando by 8:30 am.

Just got off the Magic on Saturday and had friends/clients who stayed onboard on Deck 12 until almost 10:30. Not sure that the staff even knew they were up there. There were 14 of them and they had 4 kids, so they were looking for somewhere that the kids could run around, leading them to deck 12.

You will have to be OUT of your cabin much earlier...like 8am....hanging around the ship is NOT relaxing at all. Breakfast is earlier then normal, too.

Right. Imagine nothing open and just looking at your watch and waiting. What about the people waiting to board?

It varies every cruise.

Our last cruise on the Magic the week before Christmas, passengers were coming out of customs still at 11am. So I think the previous poster that stated 10-10:15am is probably pretty accurate.

I mentioned something to our shuttle driver and he said that the port does not have enough customs workers so things get backed up there.

The lines looked really long when we debarked but I can't say how long it really took to go through the lines. Long story but we had priority debark since I left ship in a wheelchair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bindy1

I have the same question. My schedule shows that the Magic docks at 8:00 am so I called my travel guy to confirm and he said that is correct. I have a choice of two flights - One leaving at 10:50 am and the other at 4:45 pm. I was told that I would most likely not be able to make the 10:50 am. I really don't want to sit around the airport until late afternoon.

I have the same question. My schedule shows that the Magic docks at 8:00 am so I called my travel guy to confirm and he said that is correct. I have a choice of two flights - One leaving at 10:50 am and the other at 4:45 pm. I was told that I would most likely not be able to make the 10:50 am. I really don't want to sit around the airport until late afternoon.

You may be able to make the 10:50 am flight. When we got back to PC on 12/24 first debark for passengers with early flights got off ship before 7:30 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody sits around the airport, they end up spending money on stuff and meals that are overpriced. So might as well do a post cruise excursion that drops you at the airport or rent a car.

Others have said that the 10:50 flight is doable, but if you're asking about it now, you'll be fretting about it then. So why get yourself stressed out and undo all the good a vacation does?

If you plan this flight, you will need to be at the airport by 9:30, which means you would need to be on your way by 8:30. Is that doable? Probably, if there is no delay on the ship being cleared when it docks AND if you are able to get through customs quickly.

If you decide to do this, I would recommend doing self assist off the ship (carrying all of your luggage off with you), getting (paying) a porter to get you through the shorter porter customs line and then paying for a cab (approx. $75) to get to the airport. Then you stand a chance, but it means getting up VERY early, probably skipping breakfast and paying for a porter and a cab. I would rather spend the money on a disembarkation day excursion and enjoy my last day in PC.

We just sailed the Magic in November and also wanted to be off the ship as early as possible for a long drive home. Not sure if due to ship size and amount of passengers or what but much later debarkation time than on previous cruises out of PC. I agree with others don't think I would want to chance it getting off ship and transportation getting out of the port area and then on to airport by that time. Not really a great way to end what might be a perfect vacation stressing trying to make your flight time.:eek:

Just got off at 930. I caught shuttle to car rental and came back to pickup family. We were at the dolphin hotel at Epcot at noon. I payed a porter to go thru the short line at customs as well. I would not attempt that early of a flight