Breakaway 13 Day Southern Caribbean Review with lots of pictures (plus Haven) again

ncklhaus

I'm sailing on Getaway and guessing that I can get the raw bar seafood plateau next month.

What time is it open? I think this would be nice for lunch with a salad and a glass of wine but would like to do in the Haven. First question, is it open for lunch? Second question, I think I could ask in Haven for it and have at the outside tables with Haven lunch and just give them my card for charging for the plateau.

Thank you for your help! :)

Yes, you should be able to get it on Getaway. The Raw Bar is only open on sea days from 12-2 for lunch and I think 5-10pm.

I don't know about getting it served in the Haven courtyard, but I do know you can get Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail whenever you want in the courtyard. The order comes with 3 shrimp but you can ask for a double or triple if you want for no charge.

thats good info about the 2br having only a curtain to the bathroom. never read that in my entire year here on CC

Thanks. Glad I was able to provide new info. Granted, it is a thick curtain, but there are some things a curtain can't conceal. :eek:

Yes, you should be able to get it on Getaway. The Raw Bar is only open on sea days from 12-2 for lunch and I think 5-10pm.

I don't know about getting it served in the Haven courtyard, but I do know you can get Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail whenever you want in the courtyard. The order comes with 3 shrimp but you can ask for a double or triple if you want for no charge.

Thank you SO much! I'll add this to my list LOL

Leaving a month from today!

I can identify with the lack of underwear. Last cruise out of Miami the suitcase with 90% of my clothes got left next to the bed at home.

We flew down two days early and discovered the problem at the airport which was 60 miles from home.

I had two pair of slacks, one polo shirt, two changes of underwear and no socks.

We made a foray to Bayside Marketplace. Miami cruisers probably realize that the upscale shops there do not have much in the way of clothes for 70 year-old fat men.

The suitcase story reminds me of one of our first family cruises. We got to Orlando airport and were waiting for luggage and my sister was waiting for her big suitcase when she realized it never made it out of their car at the airport. That was the one job her husband had so she was pretty upset and we were off to a rocky start but lucky for her our Mom is about the same size and is very stylish so she made it work. The rest of us could laugh but I'm sure she wasn't laughing too much.

I can identify with the lack of underwear. Last cruise out of Miami the suitcase with 90% of my clothes got left next to the bed at home.

We flew down two days early and discovered the problem at the airport which was 60 miles from home.

I had two pair of slacks, one polo shirt, two changes of underwear and no socks.

We made a foray to Bayside Marketplace. Miami cruisers probably realize that the upscale shops there do not have much in the way of clothes for 70 year-old fat men.

In feel your pain. My husband is a big guy and I went EVERYWHERE looking for underwear. 😂

The suitcase story reminds me of one of our first family cruises. We got to Orlando airport and were waiting for luggage and my sister was waiting for her big suitcase when she realized it never made it out of their car at the airport. That was the one job her husband had so she was pretty upset and we were off to a rocky start but lucky for her our Mom is about the same size and is very stylish so she made it work. The rest of us could laugh but I'm sure she wasn't laughing too much.

Good thing your mom was there!

I thought it was funny but my husband wasn't amused. :p

Day 3 January 4th Sea Day

We woke up this morning to calm seas and.......sunshine!

20170104_102645_zpssgh1xuly.jpg

So we decided to go to the Haven restaurant for breakfast. They have table service plus a small buffet with everything fromust cereal and yogurt to fruit platters and fresh baked bread. Plus sliced smoked meats and smoked salmon, danishes, cinnamon buns, croissants. I could go on.

So whenever we go there, I wind up filling up on the buffet and then I can't eat the meal I ordered. I usually order the Filet and eggs.

Melissa always orders 2 eggs scrambled and bacon with an English Muffin.

20170104_100314_zpsegpqhvct.jpg

Mike's Smoked Salmon Fritatta

20170104_100328_zps4yoodrzx.jpg

My fruit plate and house potatoes. I wasn't very hungry this morning, so no Filet and eggs for me. I know my limits, generally.

20170104_100334_zps7oentmjz.jpg

20170104_100338_zpse5st4ak4.jpg

Melissa went to Splash Academy and Mike went to hang out with some friends while I walked around a bit to get some pictures for this review.

Last year this was the Uptown Grill and it was complimentary. Now it is Margaritaville and it's a la carte. We go there later on in ther cruise and it was FANTASTIC! Huge portions, big enough to share.

20170104_131452_zpsnue0qzbu.jpg

20170104_131529_zpspjacceix.jpg

20170104_131520_zpsq9d7cvau.jpg

20170104_131556_zpsia1enu9a.jpg

20170104_131539_zpssgssuayc.jpg

20170104_131543_zpsmjjtqhak.jpg

Next to Margaritaville is the video arcade.

Games range in price from $1 to $5.

20170104_131711_zpsuqz8eykl.jpg

20170104_131721_zpsbu02ouvn.jpg

20170104_131726_zpspizyjbza.jpg

This machine has bottled soda (or pop as some of our friends call it;) ) and Gatorade for $2.95 per bottle. No 18% service charge. The only problem is was I could never get it to work!

20170104_131735_zpso9lsjvqm.jpg

It must have worked on and off throughout the cruise because another time that I came back and it was emptier. Then I went back again and it was full.

We decided tonight we were going to try La Cucina. In the past it hasn't been my favorite. I'm trying to find my pictures of the menu and what we ate but I'm only finding a few. Could I have missed taking the pictures?

Oh and when you are a Haven guest one of the things the Concierge does is show up like a stalker every time you eat in a Specialty restaurant. I guess they get a notification of where you are when you are checked in to the restaurant because without fail, around 15-20 minutes after being seated, Anoop would show up to make sure everything was perfect.

Hi Anoop!

20170104_174308_zpsmyey985c.jpg

Crusty yummy bread

20170104_174337_zpsrzng2hsp.jpg

Olive oil with balsamic vinegar to dip the bread in. They made Melissa's really cute.

20170104_175916_zpsv6z3wfoi.jpg

20170104_175919_zpswk7raydd.jpg

My salad (If I could find the menu pictures, I would have been able to tell you what it was)

20170104_175952_zpstnofxohv.jpg

20170104_175956_zpshn2jcgzw.jpg

I went on another picture taking spree. This time it was pictures of the Haven courtyard. I believe it was a bit rocky sailing again because the pool was closed and you can see the water splashing around in some of the pictures.

20170104_205434_zpsvtipdder.jpg

20170104_205450_zpsvlv9pn2c.jpg

20170104_205457_zpsyabrttlz.jpg

20170104_205501_zpsomycslb9.jpg

20170104_205515_zpsqxzg0ubv.jpg

20170104_205522_zpskoiy61ga.jpg