Breakaway 13 Day Southern Caribbean Review with lots of pictures (plus Haven) again

ncklhaus

I was in Haven on Epic transat ...I loved the food there

Thank you for opening your cabin to the cabin crawl I organized ...

Hope your daughter feels better ..o sorry about all your health issues and family sadness .Hope 2017 is a much better year for you

It was a pleasure meeting you ...good luck .Looking forward to reading the rest of your review .I found on .breakaway food was particularly good ..we loved .Cagneys, bistro, Modernos, and Cirque Dreams...fabulous shows with wondrous costumes .... and loved La Cucina ..and of course Manhattan room and wings at O shehans loved pho soup at Taste ...

Cannot wait for the rest

Michele

I think I could take a whole cruise on what you spent on extras on your first day :p Looks like you were having fun though!

I just looked at our billing statement and that dinner for 3 of us was just around $200. We weren't charged for a bunch of itemstuff, only what we actually ordered. He gave us lots of extras. :D

It was a blast!

Ahhh the Haven!! I got so spoiled when I sailed the Getaway in the Haven. I'm so ready to go back!

It could go again right now. I wish I could just get away from everything again. The Haven is my happy place.

Edited by ncklhaus

I was in Haven on Epic transat ...I loved the food there

Thank you for opening your cabin to the cabin crawl I organized ...

Hope your daughter feels better ..o sorry about all your health issues and family sadness .Hope 2017 is a much better year for you

It was a pleasure meeting you ...good luck .Looking forward to reading the rest of your review .I found on .breakaway food was particularly good ..we loved .Cagneys, bistro, Modernos, and Cirque Dreams...fabulous shows with wondrous costumes .... and loved La Cucina ..and of course Manhattan room and wings at O shehans loved pho soup at Taste ...

Cannot wait for the rest

Michele

Thanks so much! It was a pleasure meeting you!!

Thanks for posting. Our friends have booked a Haven suite for a cruise coming up in May. It looks a lot nicer than I remember our last NCL cabin.

I always loved our rooms on our previous cruises. We were always in a mini-suite with balconyor mini-suite with large balcony. After experiencing the 2 bedroom Haven suites, it's going to be really hard to go to something smaller. Especially if it's a 2 week cruise. It's nice to have the extra space. I guess we could get 2 adjoining balcony rooms. Hmmmm. That could work. But I love the Haven courtyard and that the roof is closed if it is raining or cold.

Back to the review.....

We finished with that fantastic meal at the Raw Bar and Melissa wanted to go to the Splash Academy. Mike went to deck 16 to the Haven lounge and I took Melissa to Splash Academy and wandered around a bit to see what was going on around the ship.

Headliners had Howl at the Moon

I checked them out a little more and posted a few videos on my Facebook page later in the week. It looked like fun.

20170102_195014_zpsotxpkmlx.jpg

20170102_194927_zps99qh4nyx.jpg

20170102_194919_zpspeq5yh6d.jpg

And for everyone that wants to know, the first night in O'Sheehan's is Prime Rib night.

20170102_205527_zpsklyhotbs.jpg

And the obligatory staircase picture. I actually took this picture before I brought Melissa to Splash Academy. You can see her in the picture under the stairs. I didn't take a chandelier picture this cruise! What is wrong with me???

20170102_194938_zpsjcuk4h5q.jpg

We hung out in the Haven lounge for a while and then I picked up Melissa. We went back to the room and unpacked our suitcases. That's when I realized that I packed way too much. I always plan on getting dressed up a few nights and last cruise I think I wore a dress maybe once. I packed 3 for this cruise. I wore none.

Now remember when I said that I forgot to pack something? This is when we realized that I forgot to pack......my husband's underwear!!! Oh my goodness. Seriously? I would have been willing to bet that I packed too much. Nope. I packed his sleeper underwear (boxer shorts) but no regular tighty whities. I guess he will have to wear his boxers or go commando until we get to Puerto Rico. Last time we went on this cruise, we went to Puerto Rico and went to CVS, Del Sol, and a restaurant for pizza. I guess this time will be a tighty whitie hunt. You have no idea. :eek: :D :p

I thought it was pretty funny that I forgot them. Mike did not.

We settled down in the seriously comfy King sized bed. I think it's a California king because I felt like I had more space in this bed than in our king at home.

Melissa was nice and comfy in her sofa bed.

The gentle rocking of the ship had us sleeping in no time.

Here I will add that we had also paid for the Unlimited Internet Plan for all of us. I used it the most and every night I would stream Amazon music on my kindle to fall asleep to. We usually listen to sports radio to go to sleep. We thought that we would be able to live stream our station, but there were too many redirects and the kindle wouldn't allow it. But the streaming music worked just fine. The internet was good enough for Melissa to be able to stream Netflix too.

Anyway, that was the end of Day One.

I hate to disappoint, but I'm going to stop here for now. I have a pretty nasty cold. I do not blame the cruise like a lot of people do. I blame the fact that it's January and viruses are going around. If I feel up to it in a little while, I'll post more.

I hate to disappoint, but I'm going to stop here for now. I have a pretty nasty cold. I do not blame the cruise like a lot of people do. I blame the fact that it's January and viruses are going around. If I feel up to it in a little while, I'll post more.

I waited up for the last installment, lol! Think I'll head off to bed and check back in the morning, as I am enjoying your review. Hope you feel better soon.

On our first cruise with the kids (Jewel 2015), I forgot to pack under radar for my (then newly potty trained) daughter. It was a nightmare,the Mega in cozumel only had one s that were really snug, and she was really picky at that time in her life - neither wearing the Mega pants or going commando were options.

But she was 3, your DH could pack himself!

Enjoying reading your review very much. Last year, we boarded on Jan 31, 2 weeks after you got off, I think. This year, we board this Sunday, Jan 29, 2 weeks after you got off. Someday, we will meet. Was Edgar still the Haven Restaurant Maitre'd?

By the way, are these pictures taking forever to come up for anyone else, or is it just me? They displayed very quickly last year. Is anyone else having a problem?

Hello,

Found your previous review very helpful and enjoyed this cruise on the Breakaway very much. Thanks.

Hope you and family are health and have a good 2017.

Also sorry, but forgot about the cabin crawl until way after 2:00PM but here is a photo of the chandelier

DSC_3919.jpg

Edited by Cwipes