Questions re: EPIC 3 day cruise

chefchick

I am wondering if there will be a "formal or not" evening on a 3 day cruise? What about a white hot, 80's or glow party?

I realize NCL is "freestyle" which means I can wear whatever I want, but I am trying to decide what to pack so would appreciate assistance from those who have done these shorter cruises.

Thanks.

There are no formal nights on NCL

I have read here and on the NCL website that there IS, in fact a "formal or not" night (I believe I am using the right term, I am new to Norwegian) that occurs on most 7 night or more cruises. I am wondering if there might be one on a 3 night. Also, are there theme type parties on these shorter cruises?

I hope this makes sense?

I have read here and on the NCL website that there IS, in fact a "formal or not" night (I believe I am using the right term, I am new to Norwegian) that occurs on most 7 night or more cruises. I am wondering if there might be one on a 3 night. Also, are there theme type parties on these shorter cruises?

I hope this makes sense?

It does to me, and there truly isn't a formal night on NCL. As for dress for dinner plan on something that is casual yet nice. Last year I wore jeans or khakis and a polo. Nothing to nancy... my wife would wear a sundress or pants and a top...something along those lines.

As for what parties there will be I think it will be hard to guess since the epic normally doesn't do short cruises.

Edited by bradleyk

These are some examples of what we wore to dinner... this is what we wore to Cagneys

Everybody must have different ideas as to how to dress for dinner, especially in a speciality restaurant. Personally, neither my Wife or myself would ever dream of going to dinner wearing open toed flip flops.

I am wondering if there will be a "formal or not" evening on a 3 day cruise? What about a white hot, 80's or glow party?

I realize NCL is "freestyle" which means I can wear whatever I want, but I am trying to decide what to pack so would appreciate assistance from those who have done these shorter cruises.

Thanks.

NCL does not have a Formal Night. Never. Not at any time, not on any ship.

You have the freedom to dress as you choose. From Resort Casual to Evening Formal you can wear whatever makes you happy. You can dress casual every night, formal every night, or any combination in between.

There is never a venue onboard that will turn you away as long as you are at least in resort casual. Ever.

There may be nights when they tell you that you can "dress up...or not" if you want to. However, as that is the same rule for each and every other night, it really doesn't make any difference. EVERY night is "dress up...or not".

There is a Norwegian night which tends to be the tux/formal night.. not sure about a short cruise however

(Have to agree with the above though- having to stare at mens hairy knees in a restaurant is bad enough - but toes :rolleyes::eek::o)

For those of you that don't approve of our choices for dinner that is ok. But I wonder if you ever go out to djnner on land? A longhorns, Carabas, chili's, etc. You will see this any lf those restaurants. Which is the equivalent of Taste or Cagneys from my perspective. JMHO. But each to their own. That's why I love NCL

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

We had 1 'Norwegian night out' on our 10 day cruise (the new version of formal or not night). There was absolutely no difference in how people dressed, the MDR menu, or the number of photographers our. There were photographers every night and a healthy mix of shorts/t shirts to suits and dresses every night. Bring and wear what u like when u like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it is generational. And NCL makes it exclusive to allow everyone to feel comfortable. When we went to Cagneys it was 85°, and we sat outside on the waterfront. There was no way I was going to wear dress slacks and dress shoes in that heat. The food was wonderful, the evening was beautiful. My wife and I focused on what was important to us. Enjoying time together

Edited by bradleyk

Thank you for the replys. I prefer to dress for dinner each night so I might bring it down a notch and wear flats, but that's mostly because my husband is not joining me so I won't have an arm to hold when the seas get rough (or, let's be honest, when I've had too many martinis) 😜

Anyway, I thought the 3 and 4 night cruises were pretty standard on NCL so I would still love to know if the theme parties might be in effect? I know it's not a big deal, but I like to have options.

Thank you for the replys. I prefer to dress for dinner each night so I might bring it down a notch and wear flats, but that's mostly because my husband is not joining me so I won't have an arm to hold when the seas get rough (or, let's be honest, when I've had too many martinis) 😜

Anyway, I thought the 3 and 4 night cruises were pretty standard on NCL so I would still love to know if the theme parties might be in effect? I know it's not a big deal, but I like to have options.

Looking forward to seeing you on our sailing! It should be a great time.

But I wonder if you ever go out to dinner on land? A longhorns, Carabas, chili's, etc. You will see this in any of those restaurants.

Yes, we do dine out in restaurants, but again would never dress in shorts or flip flops. Unfortunately, I have never heard of Longhorns, Carabas or Chili's,, so cannot give an opinion. I guess however, it is all down to how you have been brought up and where.

Yes, we do dine out in restaurants, but again would never dress in shorts or flip flops. Unfortunately, I have never heard of Longhorns, Carabas or Chili's,, so cannot give an opinion. I guess however, it is all down to how you have been brought up and where.

That was kind of rude. But since you brought it up my father was a lieutenant commander in the jag core in the Navy. I graduated from the University of Tennessee.

Bradley, no offence meant and I do apologise if you thought that when I said it all depends how you have been brought up and where was rude. Obviously, how somebody dresses for dinner will no doubt depend on where they live and if that has been a lifestyle situation. It was a not a personal comment directed at you