Showers on Eurodam

josper

Does the post-dry dock Eurodam follow the Koningsdam by having walk-in showers and NO tubs, at least in the Balcony cabins?

I doubt they will rip out bathtubs on a regular dry-dock; it would be a major change. The cabins are modular and come pre-assembled when the ship is built.

Thanks - I thought so. However I was confused with a pic from the Eurodam Video recently posted which showed a walk in shower in an Inside Cabin - may have been a Wheelchair accessible one.

Incidentally, I observed that you are on the Koningsdam in Feb. We were on this ship on its first TA in late Oct. - aside from some minor & I repeat some very minor areas, we loved the ship - and the service, which is always good on HAL, was exceptional. Hope you share our enthusiasm of the changes made by HAL, esp the Sel de Mer restaurant, the Grand Dutch Cafe, the Lido, the New York Deli and of course the spacious walk-in showers

However I was confused with a pic from the Eurodam Video recently posted which showed a walk in shower in an Inside Cabin - may have been a Wheelchair accessible one.
I believe all Insides on all HAL ships lack a tub.

Edited by jtl513

Thanks - I thought so. However I was confused with a pic from the Eurodam Video recently posted which showed a walk in shower in an Inside Cabin - may have been a Wheelchair accessible one.

Incidentally, I observed that you are on the Koningsdam in Feb. We were on this ship on its first TA in late Oct. - aside from some minor & I repeat some very minor areas, we loved the ship - and the service, which is always good on HAL, was exceptional. Hope you share our enthusiasm of the changes made by HAL, esp the Sel de Mer restaurant, the Grand Dutch Cafe, the Lido, the New York Deli and of course the spacious walk-in showers

I am looking forward to checking out the new ship! Especially keen on visiting the Grand Dutch Cafe. :)

Especially keen on visiting the Grand Dutch Cafe. :)
It's a very popular place! If you like the cute flower vases on the tables, they are for sale at the front desk - two for $15 (I don't remember the price for one) and ours came gift wrapped! Three styles IIRC. ;) Edited by catl331

I believe all Insides on all HAL ships lack a tub.

Yes, showers are standard in inside cabins.

I don't know if there are any insides on the Prinsendam that have a tub, but don't believe even that ship is different.

Check the deck plans. I think some of the verandahs on the sides near the aft are annotated with *s to indicate showers only. Be prepared for a shower curtain though. The only showers on the ship with glass doors on the NA, Eurodam, Noordam, Zuiderdam are in the Pinnacle Suites.

It's a very popular place! If you like the cute flower vases on the tables, they are for sale at the front desk - two for $15 (I don't remember the price for one) and ours came gift wrapped! Three styles IIRC. ;)

I hope people on my cruise aren't aware of the GDC. I want to go there without crowds. Luckily many sleep late and are not that clued in. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums