Questions for recent Victory Cruisers RE: Delayed boarding

imluvncruzn

Hello. I am scheduled to leave on the Victory this Monday, 1/30/17. Today I received an email stating that they will be loading and unloading supplies on embarkation day and that I should not arrive at the port until 2 hours AFTER my scheduled check-in time. The letter stated that boarding will not begin until 1:30pm including for FTTF, Diamond and Platinum Guests. I already have a shuttle coming to pick me up at hotel at 9:30am. Now wondering if I should change it. Has anyone else received this letter prior to their sailing and if so, what time did they actually start boarding?

I have as well. Not sure how to take this email though. Maybe I will just go 1 hour after my appointed time. Have received emails similar but did not late embarkation but did not follow suggested time. I usually arrive 10:30 and enjoy time in the Captains lounge. Have a few days to mull this over.

Hope others will comment.

I sailed Victory in October we also had the delayed boarding. We boarded with FTTF shortly after 1 PM. Carnival had a place set up for Diamond, Platimum and FTTF guests to sit. They provided water and snacks while we waited. I thought that was a nice touch.... There wasn't any pictures being taken at boarding on this day. Just wanted to add that.

I sailed Victory in October we also had the delayed boarding. We boarded with FTTF shortly after 1 PM. Carnival had a place set up for Diamond, Platimum and FTTF guests to sit. They provided water and snacks while we waited. I thought that was a nice touch.... There wasn't any pictures being taken at boarding on this day. Just wanted to add that.

Hi, what happened to those passengers who arrived before 1:30.....

I am in a suite and I am wondering since you boarded shortly after 1pm with FTTF, what time did you arrive at the port? My window is supposed to be 10:30-11am. I was thinking about arriving around noon now. Will they let us check in at that time you think?

If I paid the extra money for FTTF and had to sit and wait I would want my money back! Just because there is no tender ports for my cruise and I would only be buying it with the purpose to get on the boat quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by beans79

If you were to follow the recent posts on the Victory you would see that the delayed boardings have been going on for quite some time and are related to the work being done to re-do the cabins. They need the extra time to load the material's for the work to be done on that cruise and to "open" the newly re-done cabins from the previous cruise.

From what I have read they are done though some portion of Deck 8, so it will be some time before they are done and "normal" boarding times return.

I do think it is a bit disingenuous of them to issue boarding times when they know full well how long the refurb at sea is scheduled and roughly how many sailing are impacted. Seems to me it would be easier to assign realistic times vs sending out mass emails a few times a week.

I know this thread is a few days old, but I was wondering, how does the delayed boarding work if we have Carnival transfers from the airport? We have a transfer scheduled at approximately 11am and we just received a phone call today to arrive at the dock an hour later. So when we get to the airport, I am assuming our transfer will be the same time and we will just be sitting around waiting once the transfer drops us off? We are not in a suite, not platinum and do not have FTTF.

I know this thread is a few days old, but I was wondering, how does the delayed boarding work if we have Carnival transfers from the airport? We have a transfer scheduled at approximately 11am and we just received a phone call today to arrive at the dock an hour later. So when we get to the airport, I am assuming our transfer will be the same time and we will just be sitting around waiting once the transfer drops us off? We are not in a suite, not platinum and do not have FTTF.

I think I'd contact Carnival Transfer Dept to see if their pickup time is delayed. If they can't tell you, I'd plan to take the Carnival transportation at the normally scheduled time.