What to do in Ponta Delgada (Azores) for the day??

Kiwi_cruiser

Hi all!

This is such a beautiful, lush place I was happy to go there again recently.

The 1st time in Oct '08 I took the ship tour to the blue/green lakes & around the island.

This Oct I went on a tour arranged by a roll call member through "Amazing Tours" & saw more of the island. We stopped at a scenic lookout, a tea plantation, the bubbling hot springs of Furnas where our typical meal was cooked then brought back to the restaurant where we had a lovely meal of it. Tour ended with a little drive through the Town which is quite lovely.

There's a reason this place is so lush so take something for rain.;)

Hope this helps.

~ Jo ~ :)

This is our first time to Ponta Delgada and I was wondering what is their to do there??

When you went there, what did you do when you got there??

Any tips/advise/ideas are very welcome :)

We had a wonderful day with Gary Travassos of AzoresTours out from Ponta Delgada. Private hire car (Nice!!) took us North and West then a local lunch and wine. Others went more North and East. Volcanic mountain scenery. Lush greenery, misty. Somewhat like So. Island of NZ. Small vehicle best account mountainous roads. Don't miss the interior!! LocoLoco1

Green VisionsTours is outstanding. LIsa is very knowledgeable about the history of the island. She is from Canada and a former teacher and moved with her husband and children when he was hired as the vet and in charge of the islands milk cows. I think there is better discription of his job but I am on my second glass of wine. They are treated like locals and runs a great tour of the island.

I highly recommend them.

Edited by compozer

I wish I knew!!! On 3 different transatlantic cruises, Ponta Delgada was on the itinerary, and all 3 times the port was cancelled due to weather issues and/or sea conditions!! The port of Madeira was substituted all 3 times, which is a great port, but just once I would really like to make it to Ponta Delgada!

This is our first time to Ponta Delgada and I was wondering what is their to do there??

When you went there, what did you do when you got there??

Any tips/advise/ideas are very welcome :)

We took an amazing tour with BRUNO - he is fantastic! We had lunch that was steamed in a pot underground in a volcano! Saw an amazing lake that was half blue and half green. And visited Europes only tea plantation and sampled different teas! If you want his contact info, I can pull it out if my travel folder! Beautiful country!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took an amazing tour with BRUNO - he is fantastic! We had lunch that was steamed in a pot underground in a volcano! Saw an amazing lake that was half blue and half green. And visited Europes only tea plantation and sampled different teas! If you want his contact info, I can pull it out if my travel folder! Beautiful country!!!

Our guide was Bruno Romeu Resendes and he is on Facebook! He is cute too!!

• 1 month later...