Eating on Deck on QM II

That was one of my biggest disappointments with QM2. We like to take our meal outside and sit at a table watching the world go by in the fresh air.

On our QM2 last year Brisbane to HK there was no where to sit other than on deck chairs that could not be adjusted. There were a few tables on the boardwalk cafe area but it was so rarely open during our 16 night cruise, and they were put away when the cafe was closed which was most of the time.

That was one of my biggest disappointments with QM2. We like to take our meal outside and sit at a table watching the world go by in the fresh air.

On our QM2 last year Brisbane to HK there was no where to sit other than on deck chairs that could not be adjusted. There were a few tables on the boardwalk cafe area but it was so rarely open during our 16 night cruise, and they were put away when the cafe was closed which was most of the time.

That is a shame, when we were on her from Australia to Cape town, the board walk was open every time I went there. However, the chairs were very heavy (solid) and were not that comfortable to sit on for more than 1/2 an hour anyway.

I'm actually hoping that at least one crossing the Bass turns it on, to see how an "Ocean Liner" handles it.

I know exactly what you mean. And I plan on doing a TA to find out. Love rough seas. I don't get seasick.

I seem to recall tables and chairs on the aft terrace on deck 8. There is a small bar there and it's only one deck up from Horizon Court if you want to schlep up some food from the buffet. We didn't spend much time there but it had a fabulous view!

Not sure which ship you are talking about:confused:

There were some tables and chairs on deck 8 on The Pool Terrace. They are also on deck plan.

Think poster meant Kings Court instead of Horizon Court (which is Princess)

QM2 was not built for outside dining.

Though it would be interesting on a rough trans Atlantic.:eek:

Edited by Babsjo

There were some tables and chairs on deck 8 on The Pool Terrace. They are also on deck plan.

Think poster meant Kings Court.

QM2 was not built for outside dining.

Though it would be interesting on a rough trans Atlantic.:eek:

Yes, I meant king court. Apologies for the confusion. We are not particularly loyal to any one line at this point so tend to get a bit confused as to what is which ship.

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

I'm actually hoping that at least one crossing the Bass turns it on, to see how an "Ocean Liner" handles it.

HI Gut

Be interested to hear how she goes across Bass Strait.

We were going all over the place to try and get away from Cyclone Pam around NZ.

Captain apologised for the rough weather we had encountered overnight.

I had slept like a baby and didn't feel a thing.:)

Our Queen Mary cruiseis approaching fast.

Yep

Mrs Gut and I have a bit of a ritual of eating on Deck as we sail out of the most beautiful harbour on earth. (Not sure if we will this cruise as sail out is scheduled for midnight and with only five nights...).

Lovely, but will you be awake

Normally just a plate from the buffet and take it out on Deck, or a Burger or two With some fries.

Is that a QM thing, this isn't princess MATE

Any suggestions if we decide to do so on QM2?

Doing the best we can with Sage advice.

I'm thinking, more importantly, (a) If you can get burgers and fries at midnight.(b) Will you be dressed appropriately, to consume said items.:eek::cool:;):)

Robe and slippers:p

Which would be an improvement on the jocks I saw a guy wearing in the pool and then walked back through the buffet on Princess Diamond earlier this month!

I realize I don't like Aft areas that contain swimming pools that you look over for pre dinner drinks. Love Solstice design for this reason.

I do not get the wearing of Robes in public. But it happens all the time. I don't even like answering the door in one.

Which would be an improvement on the jocks I saw a guy wearing in the pool and then walked back through the buffet on Princess Diamond earlier this month!

I realize I don't like Aft areas that contain swimming pools that you look over for pre dinner drinks. Love Solstice design for this reason.

I do not get the wearing of Robes in public. But it happens all the time. I don't even like answering the door in one.

Yes, I don't get why some people feel like they are walking around their own house while in public.

Last weekend at the shops (lunchtime), I saw a lady wearing a towel in the shopping centre. No footwear, no straps over the shoulder either, just a towel.:eek:

• 1 month later...
That would certainly be a factor, :(

Did the daily paper say when or if it would open?

But as always 'weather permitting'. Apparently it's wet up north on Les's cruise according to that thing that shall not be named. We had stunning weather up the northern coast of Australia but a week later it was dreadful. The boardwalk was open for us pretty much until we neared Shanghai. Then closed for the rest of the trip as weather was cold and drizzly.

I'm betting it will be open Singapore to Dubai. Hot hot hot. Will still enjoy my hot chocolate on the teak deck.