How to pick an Asian cruise line

feenix

Hi, How do I begin to find a cruise line to visit Japan, and maybe some other places in Asia? I have only ever cruised on Royal Caribbean, and would want something of that quality if possible. Thank you.

Princess cruises around japan in the summer and early fall.

Most other companies move their ships to Alaska .

RCI and NCL have ships ported in China but don't know if they actually do Japan.

Hi, How do I begin to find a cruise line to visit Japan, and maybe some other places in Asia?

Most of the majors and a lot of the "minors" cruise Asia. Find a consolidator website (or look at each cruise line website individually) and search for Asia and see what the options are. I love consolidator websites (which cannot be named per CC rules because most are also travel agents) because they allow a snapshot of what might be possible. I don't book that way;)

A quick search shows that RCI indeed does Japan, so, get your fingers a-googling and see what's out there, then come back and ask about ports or go to the cruise line forums to see if that cruise line might be a good fit for you

Edited by Hoyaheel

You can take Princess or maybe Princess. Not my favorite but it will be fine. Note that have the ship will be 50% Japanese travelers. These are a few others for Japan here and there like I think RC makes a stop there depending on the time of year. Note also that Japan gets hot in the summer, spring or fall might be best.

Edited by ano

Princess has the most variety of itineraries sailing around Japan and choices are plenty. We did a b2b in 2015 and totally enjoyed it. They are also very popular among Japanese.

RCL do a lot of publicity in Asian so they will have a lot more passengers from Asia countries, especially if they call for ports in China. Many passengers from China that may make a difference in your cruise experience.

Star Cruises are mostly for Asian passengers on their gambling days on the ships.

HAL and Celebrity also have itineraries sailing in Asia. A lot of choices, really.

Hi, How do I begin to find a cruise line to visit Japan, and maybe some other places in Asia? I have only ever cruised on Royal Caribbean, and would want something of that quality if possible. Thank you.

We went on a Celebrity cruise that started in Yokohama and then to: Shimizu, Kobe (Kyoto), Nagasaki, Shanghaii, Okinawa, Keelung (Taipei) and ended in Hong Kong. We really enjoyed the trip. I would recommend that you avoid a cruise during the summer since it get's very hot and humid in Japan. I talked to a friend that went on a cruise that included a number of stops in Hokkaido and she said that the ports / cities did not have a lot of historical sites like the main island of Honshu and Kyushu.

The stops in Russia seem to be discontinued. Russia isn't really equipped to handle cruise ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruise ships still stop at Petropavlosk on the Kamchatka Peninsula in Eastern Russia. Celebrity will do it 2 times in 2017 and Silver sea has several stops there on the Silver Wind and the Silver Discoverer. My wife and I have been there and it was a wonderful stop--many snow covered volcanos, large brown bear population, noted for great "fly" fishing and a delightful city --the fish market is great.

The city has good facilities for cruise ships --access via tender--visa not required for cruise passengers when we were there.

This was our favorite stop doing Vancover to Tokyo on Silversea