Cruise Clothes

Orlandorandall

So apparently I don't have as much summer clothes as I would like our cruise, which is next week : / I was wondering if Charleston stores will have summer clothing for sale of if they are in their winter sales only right now. Where we are from I can't find any summer clothes in stores!!! Does anyone know if they will have stuff in Charleston?? Thanks!!!

So apparently I don't have as much summer clothes as I would like our cruise, which is next week : / I was wondering if Charleston stores will have summer clothing for sale of if they are in their winter sales only right now. Where we are from I can't find any summer clothes in stores!!! Does anyone know if they will have stuff in Charleston?? Thanks!!!

I don't know about Charleston, but here in the northeast, summer clothes, including swimwear and beach towels, are on sale now at some stores like Target, Costco and Kohls.

Hit the sale racks of your local department stores, you are sure to find something there or if you are close to a TJ Maxx, whenever I travel south for a cruise, I always go a day or two in advance, and have found tons of summer clothing, for instance a beautiful lace cover up which can double for wearing at night, regular $75.00 for $15. I just wish I had bought more.

I don't know about Charleston, but here in the northeast, summer clothes, including swimwear and beach towels, are on sale now at some stores like Target, Costco and Kohls.

Are you flying in the day of or a day before? Most stores, especially downtown King St. shopping district would have all seasons. Last week it was 39 in the AM and 75 by late afternoon. If you'll be in a day early to enjoy our fine city, as another op posted Target, Wally World, Kohls etc will have all you needs. Enjoy your cruise and hopefully your time in Chucktown!

I was wondering if Charleston stores will have summer clothing for sale of if they are in their winter sales only right now.

Most stores, especially downtown King St. shopping district would have all seasons. Last week it was 39 in the AM and 75 by late afternoon. If you'll be in a day early to enjoy our fine city, as another op posted Target, Wally World, Kohls etc will have all you needs.

You may find SOME summer clothes here in Charleston, but selections will be limited. Target carries bathing suits all year long, but I was in Target looking around a week or two ago and the majority of the women's clothing department was still long pants, sweaters, etc. I don't recall seeing any shorts or sundresses although I wasn't looking for any so didn't do a thorough search. I was in Kohl's a week or so ago as well. I was mainly looking through the exercise and fitness section with only cursory glances toward the regular clothing section, but I'm sure had it been mostly summer stuff I would have been thinking, "wow, that's early." Generally speaking, stores here have probably started getting some transition wardrobe pieces in and winter stuff is or soon will be going on clearance, but stores are far from fully stocked for summer yet. True summer items like shorts and sundresses are probably few and far between right now.

Weather in Charleston this time of year is a total crap shoot. As someone said, it can be 75 degrees and we've had some really nice days lately, but today and tomorrow the high is only in the 50's, with overnight lows in the high 30's. Definitely not summer!

Edited by waterbug123

Thanks for the info!!! I have mainly been looking for sun/maxi dresses so I have something nicer to wear to dinners and have been looking everywhere!! we went to like 8 stores yesterday, I found one dress for elegant night. At kohls there were two dresses I really liked in the clearance section but both had rips or holes in them :(. I may just be packing shorts and tshirts, then just hoping to find some dresses in Charleston or at port I guess.