The Dawn Balcony question

bigsky

I saw a video of the Jade leaving port. I noticed that some of the balconies had this frame around them. It wasn't all open like a regular balcony. The glass that's the bottom half of a balcony. It's more like a square you're looking out from. How would I know which cabins have these type which I don't like. Need to know if I need to switch my cabin. I'm on the 9th deck presently. Maybe I'll move to a mini suite on 11. I just switched back to 9 because of possible noise from above.

I just noticed this as well on a pic from the Dawn. Couldn't see all of the balconies to determine which cabins are effected by this on the Dawn.

Thanks!

Edited by bigsky
Add more info

These are hull balconies. Some people like them, some don't like the bride who got one on her honeymoon and stayed on the bed the whole trip and cried.

Note that the OS at the front will have 2 hull balconies when you factor in your counts.

These are hull balconies. Some people like them, some don't like the bride who got one on her honeymoon and stayed on the bed the whole trip and cried.

Note that the OS at the front will have 2 hull balconies when you factor in your counts.

We LOVED our hulled balcony when we ran strait into Hurricane Fay coming into Bermuda. :)

Thanks so much! We're in 9192, so no hull balcony! No, don't want one. I wouldn't have even thought of it until I saw that video. Cruised 13 times, but never with NCL. Learn something everyday. :D

Hmmmmm.....is this a joke, or is there more to the story? Gosh, if the honeymoon went this way I wonder how long the marriage lasted?:rolleyes:

Not all hull/cove balconies are the same. While the Dawn’s hull balconies are nice, I believe the Epic hull balconies are different. The NCL Epic hull balconies are solid metal from the railing down making it more like a large oceanview window without the glass. I would be disappointed if I had a hull balcony on the Epic. It really pays to do your research if you think you have a hull balcony.

We actually had a hull balcony on the Dawn in 2015 and enjoyed it.

I heard it was a arranged marriage and she saw how small the arrangement was? :p

I heard it was a arranged marriage and she saw how small the arrangement was? :p

That could have been a factor too, but she mentioned about walking in room, seeing the balcony, and crying on the bed the whole trip. She probably didn't tell us the whole story.

It was a few years ago so it would be nice if she would report back how the marriage is/isn't going.