Epic Tender Reservations

hkbragg

I've never sailed NCL, but have experience on RC and Carnival. When tendering at a port on those lines, you simply make your way down to the line and board a tender when you want.

I have read on these boards that NCL makes you reserve tender tickets. But I have also heard conflicting stories that they don't even really care about your reservation and no matter what you reserved you simply get in the back of the line - unless you are a haven guest - which I am not.

Am I required to make tender reservations or can I just wing it? We aren't usually up at the crack of dawn, so I have no desire to be the first off the ship. If we want to grab a tender an hour after they begin, do I really need a reservation?

Am I required to make tender reservations or can I just wing it? We aren't usually up at the crack of dawn, so I have no desire to be the first off the ship. If we want to grab a tender an hour after they begin, do I really need a reservation?

Just off the Epic this past weekend - in my experience you'll definitely want to make tender reservations even an hour (or 3) after starting. I had priority tendering, so no need for reservations, but when I left the ship at around 1100 or noon, they were still calling tender reservation letters (eg 'group N' or so). Moving 4300 people to the island takes time. Additionally, they did care about your reservation - they turned away people with a later reservation.

Hope that answered your question! Let me know if you have any others, and enjoy the Epic! I loved her!

Just off the Epic this past weekend - in my experience you'll definitely want to make tender reservations even an hour (or 3) after starting. I had priority tendering, so no need for reservations, but when I left the ship at around 1100 or noon, they were still calling tender reservation letters (eg 'group N' or so). Moving 4300 people to the island takes time. Additionally, they did care about your reservation - they turned away people with a later reservation.

Hope that answered your question! Let me know if you have any others, and enjoy the Epic! I loved her!

Can you tell me what you all mean when saying you need a time for tenders it this for people

Going on excursions or what I'm sorry just my 2 time on NCL always carnival and we are diamond on there

Can you tell me what you all mean when saying you need a time for tenders it this for people

Going on excursions or what I'm sorry just my 2 time on NCL always carnival and we are diamond on there

If you are on an NCL excursion then you don't need a tender reservation. You will meet on the ship, probably in the theatre, and they will take you to the tender.

Otherwise, if you want to get off within a few hours of arrival then you will need to reserve your time, unless you are in a suite or have priority tendering (due to being in a suite or latitudes level).

If you don't reserve a space then you will have to wait until everyone else has gone, which will probably be a couple of hours.

We just came off the Epic and we did not have to reserve a Tender. Basically, our key cards had a letter on them and they called the letters over the intercom system. Our kids had a different letter on their cards since their room was on a different floor. However, the crew accepted that they board with us since we were a family.

Those with excursions were managed separately and I believe had a set time.

Enjoy your trip.

I have read that if you rent a clamshell it is considered an "excursion" so you get priority tendering? Is this still the case? For anyone who has done this recently to GSC, do you still get to pick a time or are all clamshell renters given the same tendering tickets?

Also, with the construction/renovations going on at GSC, is the lagoon still the most quiet area to request, or if I have a choice should I pick another area?

Thank you in advance for your help. Sorry if I semi hijacked this thread.

Kelly

Yes, you should make reservations. For TheMode--that letter you are referring to is your muster station, not a tender assignment. The fact that you apparently were able to get off early based on that was likely a fluke and I wouldn't recommend people do that.

We tried making tender reservations when we first arrived via the TV and the iConcierge app, and it didn't seem to let us. We did go down to the box office during the evening hours of the first day, and we were able to get tender group A. They started tendering before the official arrive time, so we actually didn't leave the ship until they were calling group D.

Thanks so much. This is very helpful. We have a non-NCL excursion in Grand Cayman and want to make sure we are off on one of the first tenders. I will make sure to get tender reservations as soon as we board.

Has anyone had luck making the tender reservations via iConcierge upon boarding?

• 11 months later...

What is priority tendering?

You basically skip the requirement for reservations. May be due to latitudes status (where you just turn up and queue whenever you want) or if you are in a suite (when you get sent to the front of the queue).

There may be some others as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my kids have an excursion booked through NCL (paddle boarding at GSC) but my husband and I do not, will they let us all off the boat at the same time? Basically, can we tender with them even without an excursion booked ourselves or should we make a reservation for the same time?

If my kids have an excursion booked through NCL (paddle boarding at GSC) but my husband and I do not, will they let us all off the boat at the same time? Basically, can we tender with them even without an excursion booked ourselves or should we make a reservation for the same time?

It’s hard to give a definitive answer, as it will depend on a number of factors. You may be able to do on some ships in some ports, but not in others.

Sometimes shore excursions use different tenders, so it’s possible that you may find that you have to separate even if you have a timed ticket. Even if the same tenders are used you may find that there is a queue, which those on the excursion get put in front of.

Depending on the age of your kids, and whether it is a problem to be separated, I would speak to the excursion desk about it beforehand to find what your options are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly as KeithJenner stated - I had no need for tender reservations and could board a tender whenever I wanted due to Platinum Latitudes status. Came in handy as I didn’t book a cabana or a suite on that cruise and was in a studio cabin.

Don't count on it, unless you have latitude status.

Depending on the excursion, they usually are lining up with waits involved. I'd suggest you getting a tender ticket if you don't have any priority. Don't expect to just jump the line.