Sydney City Stay

deelastcre

I am considering a City Stay in Sydney with the cruise line. My plans of trying a tour company fell through. Please give my your feedback if you booked one before.

We found Sydney a really easy city to tour using mainly public transport. We booked the Pullman Quay on our last visit and found it a great choice! Fabulous views, room facilities and only steps away from the ferries. If your bags aren't too heavy it is even walkable to the cruise port.

We did Sydney on our own pre-cruise. Stayed at the Holiday Inn in the Rocks, just a block and a half walk from the pier. Booked a day tour with Tours R Us for the Blue Mountains, the park was great, the tour itself was ok but lots of others do those trips too so you have options. Our trip did a wildlife preserve, the Olympic Park, a visit to a small town near the Blue Mountains and a boat ride back from the Olympic Park at the end of the tour. The rest of the city we just walked and did trains.

We have done several turnaround days in Sydney between B2B legs, and also have stayed in the city twice after leaving a ship. Both times we stayed there we booked the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay, and loved the hotel. The Circular Quay location in general is a great base for a visitor, and Sydney itself is VERY easy to visit DIY.

Sydney is very easy to do on your own.

We stayed at the Marriott in Circular Quay, but there are also many other hotels in the area. Lots of shopping & restaurants.

We took the train to the Blue Mountains, and used the HoHo bus to get around the area, we did the Harbour Bridge Climb, took the subway to Bondi Beach, walked all over the Rocks and other parks ... public transportation is very easy, buses trains & ferries are all linked ...

I am considering a City Stay in Sydney with the cruise line. My plans of trying a tour company fell through. Please give my your feedback if you booked one before.

I'm not sure anyone directly answered your question. I believe you're referring to booking a Sydney City Stay through Celebrity. I looked into this when I was planning our Aus-NZ cruise (plans since got cancelled). It was very expensive compared to what you could plan on your own. I think if you're not worried about expense then it's a good option, but it was way more than what I was willing to pay when spending a little time planning far enough in advance was going to be equally as good at a fraction of the price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app