I have the cruise planning blues!!!

skrapngal

I'm the planner but sometimes it makes me feel like a control freak (a term my family has accused me of being). But if I don't plan then it won't get done. So once DH and me were in Bermuda and he had a few negative comments about bus tour I book for us. So my reply was tomorrow we do what you want to arrange. I left everything up to him. He had to plan and make arrangements for next day. He wanted to go so a out of the way beach not Horseshoe or more popular beach I said sure ok. We caught a shuttle bus told he told driver where to drop us off and what time to pick us up. We were dropped off at top of hill and left to walk to beach after short walk we to beach. We found out that we were only ones there no chairs or umbrellas, no towels to sit on, and no water or anything to drink for 3 hours since that's when driver was returning. After 30 minutes my husband was done with the secluded beach and we walked back up hot hill to wait for an hour for a bus that buy the way he didn't have the correct change to pay to take us back to port. Ever since then he tells me to plan and I don't feel guilty about being the control freak.

I'm totally the planner in our family, pretty much in charge of all trips, long and short. I wouldn't have it any other way, haha! My next one is in September, so I too have hit the blues. So what did I do? Booked another one for 2018. Doing a 12 night, boat I've never sailed, so lots to research and plan for that one!

We are sailing 8/20 for the Vista and am feverishly planning private excursions I want to get quotes on for our 8/19/18 Epic sailing to Italy France and Spain for my group. Going to need to pick a destination for 2019 soon so I can move right along. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My cruise is over a year away and I've planned as much as I can. Do any of you seasoned obsessive planners have any tips to ease the withdrawals? Maybe I missed something?

Book another cruise in the interim.

I'm the opposite. I don't usually plan anything, unless there is a special excursion I want to go on.

We only cruise from Baltimore and Bayonne, so do the same itineraries, for the most part. We just love sailing and don't care about the ports that much. The ship/ships we cruise on are just like a second home. We just like to relax on the ships and not worry about having to be at a certain place at a certain time. Lots of times I don't even get off the ship. That's just the way we like it. If we do go to an island we haven't been to before, I do book an excursion for the first time there. We're happy to just be able to cruise, as often as we do.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm a planner. I LOVE to research, weigh options, find the hidden treasures, plan, plan, plan...

I have 2 cruises coming up, they are fully planned (and almost fully paid).

Oh what is a girl to do!!!

I feel your discomfort. Can this really be pain? I assume you are active in your roll call.

I'm a planner, and do lots of research on excursions, ports, specialty dining, etc. Then I make those plans, and watch the days count down.

DH has never logged in to RC, even though he knows his login information. He does take an interest in our ports, and is consulted on our plans before they are made.

Well, I'm going to be having the planning blues in a month or so.

But mine will be because I don't have a cruise to plan!

We have decided to take a bit of a break from cruising for now and look at something new.

I can already feel the withdrawal.

Usually, I have on my signature one upcoming cruise and all my past cruises. I just updated it and I see I have 5, yes 5, cruises booked in the next year and 9 months! :eek: WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?????:confused: