Luggage Direct

Jacqueline

This is new to me. I love the idea of not collecting the luggage from the "pound" at the pier. Once, someone took our bag by mistake, even though it was BLUE.

Is this becoming a popular option?

We have used this service several times and love it. The more people hear about it, the more popular it's becoming. When we got on the shuttle to the air port/car rental, several people asked us about it...they had never heard of it.

No one here can tell you how popular it is..how would they know? But I will tell you there are still a lot of bags in the claim area.

There are restrictions. It is not offered everywhere. There is usually an earliest flight limit- for example at Ft Lauderdale, you can't use it if you have a flight before 11:30. Some airlines don't participate.

I only just found out about it through my previous thread on departure times. Have just booked a flight after 12 noon, so that would work.

It seems that this service would make getting the gate easier and quicker . No worries about collecting luggage after disembarking the boat, transporting it and checking it,