Questions regarding Juniors Suites on the Allure

I am considering a change on my Allure of the Seas reservation. This will be our first cruise so I am hoping that someone with knowledge and experience might be able to help me with two key questions. Aside from the larger room and balcony, what are the perks, privileges, and benefits of upgrading to a Junior Suite? Is it worth an additional $750 to my overall cost? Thanks in advance!

Junior suite doesn't get all of the perks that a regular suite does. Bathtubs, upgraded shampoo/soap, priority boarding are part of the JS package, but I know there are some things that aren't included. I'm sure Bob or someone will be along shortly to clarify.

Edited by daze6399
Punctuation is hard.

What is the Coastal Kitchen?

Small complimentary restaurant up in the Viking Crown area, which is the highest part of the ship and has expansive views to the outside. Menu is different than the main dining room and is cooked to order.

Normally, the $750 extra cost would be too much for me to pay for an upgrade from a balcony to a JS, but since this is your first cruise, I'd splurge.

Small complimentary restaurant up in the Viking Crown area, which is the highest part of the ship and has expansive views to the outside. Menu is different than the main dining room and is cooked to order.

Normally, the $750 extra cost would be too much for me to pay for an upgrade from a balcony to a JS, but since this is your first cruise, I'd splurge.

So staying in a junior suite would let us eat dinner there, is that correct? How do dining times work there? Would we need to reschedule our reservations?

Thanks for all the help!

So staying in a junior suite would let us eat dinner there, is that correct? How do dining times work there? Would we need to reschedule our reservations?

Thanks for all the help!

Yes, JS guests have access to Coast Kitchen for dinner only. You can make reservations for CK once you are onboard. I'd visit the CK host/hostess, make reservations there, and then cancel the reservations you have in the main dining room for the nights you will be in CK. Be sure to ask about the CK menus, because I don't think they change every night.

It's funny, Royal values the diff at $800 if you use the spread between the Pinnacle balcony credit and the Pinnacle JS credit.

The free cruise at 700 points and every 350 after. Value goes from $2400 for 700 and 1050 levels, then $3200 for 1400 and higher.

Supposed to be enough to cover a JS

OK, I understand what you mean now.

The biggest "advantage" to the JS (IMO) is the space. It's quite roomy and it's a lovely way to cruise.

Totally agree with this. Did a 7-night with my family of 4 and loved having the space that we did (and that I could change in the walk-in closet without dragging my clothes into the bathroom!).

Does the menu also change on Oasis every night? We have just booked a GS on a B2B in June. Thanks in advance.

As of January 2017

Oasis no, only three menus. Day 1 & 2, day 3, 4,& 5, day 6 & 7.

Will things change by June? Who knows...

Sent from a mobile device

Totally agree with this. Did a 7-night with my family of 4 and loved having the space that we did (and that I could change in the walk-in closet without dragging my clothes into the bathroom!).

Thanks for the feedback. Lots of good information from everyone. This trip is a celebration as my wife is two days away from completing her Doctorate and from what has been shared, this is a good splurge to spoil/congratulate her with.

Just to advise the Jr. Suite card on either the Oasis & the Allure in the fall did not work on the coastal door. You have to catch it when others go in or get close up to the glass and if the seater is at their station on the left as you enter they will let you in. Or knock on door. Looks like Royal, since they give you the night option could fix this problem. Also the three menu, none have lobster listed, but have it on Second formal night. Bob