Booking disappeared

boco

This is unbelievable, we cancelled the cruise because this had nothing to do with the cruise we originally booked. Agent received mail from Azamara that there is no compensation at all. Also the flights we have to rebook, costs €680,00, will not be compensated by Azamara, because we don't book a new cruise.

Sorry to say but no more booking on Azamara for us.

If you read this Bonny this is the worst customer service ever!!!!!!!

This is unbelievable, we cancelled the cruise because this had nothing to do with the cruise we originally booked. Agent received mail from Azamara that there is no compensation at all. Also the flights we have to rebook, costs €680,00, will not be compensated by Azamara, because we don't book a new cruise.

Sorry to say but no more booking on Azamara for us.

That is correct. If you cancel, you get a full refund, but no compensation. If you stay on the cruise, you get onboard credit. If you move to a different cruise, you get onboard credit as well, plus compensation for your flight change fees.

Everyone needs to make their own choice based on individual circumstances. I have decided to stay on the November 20 cruise and add the November 27 4-day as I'm also on the November 4 Transatlantic beforehand and December 1 Caribbean afterwards. I didn't want a 4-day "gap" in the middle. As I have never been to Cuba this is an interesting opportunity to go check it out. However, had I been already, I might have come to a different decision.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But I still think this is not a regular cancellation. The cruise we originally booked is totally different in lenght and ports than that we booked. For us 2 days Cozumel and 2 days Havana is not the Caribbean cruise we booked. Don't forget Azamara only changed the cruise to Cuba to make more money and lets us pay for it, at least that's how it feels, but we can discus this on the TA with an nice complementary drink:)

Greetz

Bob en Cor

But I still think this is not a regular cancellation. The cruise we originally booked is totally different in lenght and ports than that we booked. For us 2 days Cozumel and 2 days Havana is not the Caribbean cruise we booked. Don't forget Azamara only changed the cruise to Cuba to make more money and lets us pay for it, at least that's how it feels, but we can discus this on the TA with an nice complementary drink:)

Agreed, it's not a regular cancellation. Technically Azamara is cancelling all of us and refunding what we paid them but not any other cost people might incur such as flight cancellation fees. They're then trying to make it "attractive" to book a different cruise by offering OBC and compensation for flight change fees...

A drink on the Transatlantic sounds like a great plan. I'm not going to dwell on this subject for long however; I'm vacationing to enjoy myself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to say but no more booking on Azamara for us

If you read this Bonny this is the worst customer service ever!!!!!!!

Your agent is not correct about the compensation for the air flights. We are offering up to $500 p/person for flights that must be cancelled due to not wanting to sail on this new itinerary.

Agreed, it's not a regular cancellation. Technically Azamara is cancelling all of us and refunding what we paid them but not any other cost people might incur such as flight cancellation fees. They're then trying to make it "attractive" to book a different cruise by offering OBC and compensation for flight change fees...

A drink on the Transatlantic sounds like a great plan. I'm not going to dwell on this subject for long however; I'm vacationing to enjoy myself :)

---------------

I am being told by our Revenue Management that we are offering up to $500 p/person for cancelled flights if a booked guest does not want to sail on our new itinerary.

We were told we only got compensated If we book this new cruise or another before februari 20th. So who is right ??? But we are done with this matter booked another cruise so we will take our originall flight. This is not about the money but how we are customers are treated.

We were told we only got compensated If we book this new cruise or another before februari 20th. So who is right ??? But we are done with this matter booked another cruise so we will take our originall flight. This is not about the money but how we are customers are treated.

Hi boco,

I'm reaching out to our RM now, to see if another booking is required...

This is not what we are told. Only when we book the Cuba cruise or one of the othe cruises in december we would get a compensation. We are done with this. We are booked on 2 other Azamara cruises and they will be our last.

Greetz Bob en Cor

I've had it confirmed the amount of up to $500 pp air reimbursement is for either a change of air to another voyage, or a complete cancellation of your cruise and air.

Bonnie ....do you have a contact address for the RM ?? There certainly seems to be a lot of misinterpretation out there. !!! According to the letter we saw regarding the above it stated if you cancel there is no compensation. If the powers that be had not trashed the entire 11 day cruise and just changed a couple of ports there would have been a lot less displeasure about this whole situation. And the time frame for one to make the decision as to whether to cancel is short and allows little time to consider and make the decision that is right for each individual traveler !! We have many questions to ask and the back and forth between our TA ,Azamara and us is not as simple time wise as one thjnks !,It is very unfortunate that this has put a " sour taste in ones mouth " for Azamara !! Such a shame how the communication has worked out !!

• 2 weeks later...