Booking disappeared

boco

In our case we get to book on the 7 day for the same price we paid for our 11 day cruise and if we wish to book the 4 day it will cost another 3000 US$ Certainly does not seem to be a fair solution to the changes made that were completely out of our control. It is like being "kicked to the curb "for 4 days as we either pay up or take a costly 4 day hotel stay in Miami whilst waiting to board (what was to be a b2b ) the Dec 1-9 cruise.

Oh we do get $500 OBC as for the change from 11 to 7. Feeling really disillusioned with Azamara at this point.

Ends up being a nice money grab for Azamara

Not impressed

So far the only cruise they changed is the first one. They could very well also change your second cruise.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

You have my sympathies. I don't know what's happening at Azamara but customer relations certainly don't figure in their plans.

It seems that we can never trust to get the cruise we book. This is not a one off. Our cruise departing March 21 has had itinerary changes mainly to include the 'wonderful' Havana. We also had 3 days cancelled including port calls to Vietnam last year in order to make the refit happen on time!

I no longer trust Azamara to deliver what we have booked; I still look forward to my upcoming holiday, the cruise will be as good as ever I'm sure, but I fully intend to cancel the cruise I have booked for next year. Like most people we book a cruise for its itinerary and when it is changed without good reason it is very disappointing.

In our case we get to book on the 7 day for the same price we paid for our 11 day cruise and if we wish to book the 4 day it will cost another 3000 US$ Certainly does not seem to be a fair solution to the changes made that were completely out of our control. It is like being "kicked to the curb "for 4 days as we either pay up or take a costly 4 day hotel stay in Miami whilst waiting to board (what was to be a b2b ) the Dec 1-9 cruise.

Oh we do get $500 OBC as for the change from 11 to 7. Feeling really disillusioned with Azamara at this point.

Ends up being a nice money grab for Azamara

Not impressed

Is that the Azamara "protected price" deal they have offered you or the price for the new cruises on the website?

Is that the Azamara "protected price" deal they have offered you or the price for the new cruises on the website?

Phil ..they left the price at what we were originally charged..I guess you would say protected.. and left all obc,s the same except that it is now a 7 day compared to the 11 day. And of course if we want to add on the new 4 day we have to come up with another 3000 US $ . Also TA was told no b2b bonus for the 4 day one !! Makes for a very pricey 11 day. As I noted we feel like we have been " kicked to the curb " . Extra $$ no matter which way we go ( 4 day cost or 4 day hotel cost plus restaurant expenses in Miami ) feels like our loyalty to Az means nothing !! Really stressed out on this one as somehow we have to be able to get onboard that Dec 1-9 which we have booked.

Sharon

Phil .. also being from Canada we have to add on another 35% for exchange fees. Also feel that the prices they want for those new cruises the

itineraries are no wheres near what the original 11 day was. Original was Key West , Grand Cayman , Colon Panama , Puerto Limon Costa Rica and Cartagena overnight.

Quite a drastic change !!

Sharon

It will be interesting to see the reactions on Cruise Critic during the years ahead and especially when 2019 comes out as the average price per day will undoubtedly be significantly higher than in the past. Azamara ships are sailing full these days, and the law of supply and demand will not be to everyone's liking.

It's a bold move to cancel an 11-day cruise that was first offered in 2015 at the back-then price point just 10 months out, refund everyone, replace it with a 7-day at the same price point plus an additional 4-day and expect to be able to fill the ship in a relatively short period of time... If they succeed, it proves how much more they can charge these days.

So far the only cruise they changed is the first one. They could very well also change your second cruise.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'm not too worried about the December 1 cruise as the ship needs to get to San Juan by December 9 for a charter; it's a one-way cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Phil ..they left the price at what we were originally charged..I guess you would say protected.. and left all obc,s the same except that it is now a 7 day compared to the 11 day. And of course if we want to add on the new 4 day we have to come up with another 3000 US $ . Also TA was told no b2b bonus for the 4 day one !! Makes for a very pricey 11 day. As I noted we feel like we have been " kicked to the curb " . Extra $$ no matter which way we go ( 4 day cost or 4 day hotel cost plus restaurant expenses in Miami ) feels like our loyalty to Az means nothing !! Really stressed out on this one as somehow we have to be able to get onboard that Dec 1-9 which we have booked.

Sharon

I'll be honest. I think this deal really is poor if that is what they are offering you. An 11 night cruise turns into 7 a night cruise at the same price. If it was more than a year out when flights haven't been booked then maybe. I've had changes in itinerary before and have been able to keep the new cruise at the price I paid. Azamara have always made it right. In your case I'd expect a b2b, 7 and 4 night for the same price as you paid for and 11 night cruise. An OBC of $500 wouldn't be the deal breaker for me. I'd probably be happy with the b2b OBC of $200 and put it down to experience. I am hoping that in light of Floris's post above they are still working out the pricing for those already booked. If it stays as it is it is certainly a departure from the attitude normally taken by Azamara. I hope there is more to it and they come through for you.

It's a bold move to cancel an 11-day cruise that was first offered in 2015 at the back-then price point just 10 months out, refund everyone, replace it with a 7-day at the same price point plus an additional 4-day and expect to be able to fill the ship in a relatively short period of time... If they succeed, it proves how much more they can charge these days.

I agree.

I've enjoyed a few Azamara cruises, and consider it to be our preferred cruise line. However, I am writing this in the hope that Azamara will listen, as they did in their reconsideration of the proposed Sunset bar reno. I do not have a reservation for this cruise, although it was a possibility. I think it is a very unfair proposition to substitute a completely different itinerary, for fewer days, to those currently booked. As munch 1 is, I am also Canadian, and have already been to Cuba a couple of times, so the attraction might not be there for us. I realize other itineraries have been offered as replacements, but some already have flights and vacation time booked. Azamara, please make it right for these people.

Susan

I'll be honest. I think this deal really is poor if that is what they are offering you. An 11 night cruise turns into 7 a night cruise at the same price. If it was more than a year out when flights haven't been booked then maybe. I've had changes in itinerary before and have been able to keep the new cruise at the price I paid. Azamara have always made it right. In your case I'd expect a b2b, 7 and 4 night for the same price as you paid for and 11 night cruise. An OBC of $500 wouldn't be the deal breaker for me. I'd probably be happy with the b2b OBC of $200 and put it down to experience. I am hoping that in light of Floris's post above they are still working out the pricing for those already booked. If it stays as it is it is certainly a departure from the attitude normally taken by Azamara. I hope there is more to it and they come through for you.

I'm sorry for everyone's frustration. I've shared this thread with the 'decision makers' to see what's going on.

To be honest it I can't imagine we would risk losing the booked Guests we already had, so maybe something was miscommunicated? I'll let you know when I hear something.

I'm sorry for everyone's frustration. I've shared this thread with the 'decision makers' to see what's going on.

To be honest it I can't imagine we would risk losing the booked Guests we already had, so maybe something was miscommunicated? I'll let you know when I hear something.

I agree with all the comments people have made so far. And as long time loyal Azamara cruisers, we wouldn't have expected to be taken advantage of this way. So we would definitely cancel our booking if the cost for the 2 cruises is more that the one that was cancelled. Azamara needs to think twice about alienating it's customer base this way.:mad:

I agree with all the comments people have made so far. And as long time loyal Azamara cruisers, we wouldn't have expected to be taken advantage of this way. So we would definitely cancel our booking if the cost for the 2 cruises is more that the one that was cancelled. Azamara needs to think twice about alienating it's customer base this way.:mad:

Judy

I really hope you get something sorted that works for you. You have been long time loyal from the days that Azamara was still learning to be a cruise line. I hope they do not lose sight of people like you and Tom in the grand plans

Ann

I agree with the comments above. I would be absolutely furious if I had been booked on the altered cruise. The significant changes in ports mean it is no longer the cruise that those passengers booked and they should be treated much better by Azamara. In the past I have had two Azamara cruises cancelled by them on one week. It was the fire on Quest and then the extended dry dock plans later in the year. I was unhappy of course, but Azamara treated us very well and we had compensation, so we were able to book other Azamara cruises. I have to say that it has been noticed that Azamara Customer Services has not been so Customer focussed recently. To me and others, it has become like a "take it or leave it" attitude.

It seems that Azamara prices are rising substantially each year now and they are approaching the Silversea, Seabourn, Regent, Crystal price bracket and Azamara is not a luxury cruiseline. The older Azamara ships, even with the refurb, cannot compare with the cabins, amenities and food of the true luxury cruise lines. I have recently returned from a Viking cruise which is in the premium cruise line band like Azamara. The ship, food, free WiFi and the crew were fantastic and I will certainly be booking with them again in the future.

I think, like most people, that the Azamara crew and ambience onboard make the Azamara experience what it is and that is what brings us back year after year. It's certainly not the shore ex offered....and those announcements recently seem to have been met with a less than enthusiastic response from most of us. It's the special Azamara officer and crew interaction that we love, but there is a price point above which I am not willing to pay for that when I could have a suite on a true luxury line for about the same price.

I am glad that Azamara are able to fill their ships now but I noticed that even an inside cabin on some cruises in 2018 are on sale in the UK for £3000 and above. That is a crazy price for a small inside cabin and I would never pay it. As I am sure you all know, I love Azamara and have even just cancelled a fantastic Oceania itinerary with a beautiful cabin, to sail on a less attractive itinerary with an OV cabin on Quest. Why? Because we knew we would enjoy Quest so much more, but like I say, there is only so much money that I am prepared to pay for that "Azamara experience". Maybe I will have to reduce my cruises to one or two a year on Azamara, instead of my usual three/four, but if I'm typical then Azamara will still lose money. From speaking to friends who extensively cruise Azamara and are very loyal to the brand, I know I'm not alone in these thoughts.

Well said Lottie A, we booked a Crystal cruise for 2018 for the itinerary but it was actually cheaper than an equivalent length cruise on Azamara at that time of year. Not only that there has been a recent offer on the cruise we booked and Crystal dropped the price we are paying by £2000 without any problems!

We are booked on Journeys Christmas and New Year 2018 sailing, admittedly not the greatest itinerary but we will be more than upset if this itinerary is changed or cancelled to include Cuba. Especially if it's after we have booked our flights.

Whilst we really enjoy the onboard Azamara experience, it's unsettling that recently there seems to be too many cancellations and changes to allow us to book ahead with confidence.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with the comments above. I would be absolutely furious if I had been booked on the altered cruise. The significant changes in ports mean it is no longer the cruise that those passengers booked and they should be treated much better by Azamara.

My thoughts exactly Lottie.

Next surprise, looked at my bookings AND>>>>> WE ARE BOOKED

Havana Discovery Voyage Onboard Quest

Sailing on 20-Nov-2017

This is the 7 day cruise. Not heared anything from azamara yet.

Bob en Cor

Sailing on 20-Nov-2017

Bob en Cor

We still show no reservations with Azamara even though they have our deposit.

Sailing on 20-Nov-2017

Bob en Cor

Have you booked directly with Azamara or via a TA? If via a TA you should hear from them. Azamara reached out to me on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only throug AMCA after we asked them Floris. Azamara used the "old" booking number for the new itanery. We will hear from them coming week I think. Also curious about our b2b OBC and what they offer for the 4 day cruise

Only throug AMCA after we asked them Floris. Azamara used the "old" booking number for the new itanery. We will hear from them coming week I think. Also curious about our b2b OBC and what they offer for the 4 day cruise

We were told 7 day only...can book 4 day for 3000US$ and no b2b bonus for booking it. Hopefully Bonnie was right in perhaps there is some miscommumication. Also told we must have a decision by Feb 23 and if no decision by then your cabin and booking will be cancelled .

Bonnie-- Since my information comes from the communication sent by Azamara to my travel agent, I don't think this was a miscommunication. A very poor decision, yes, but a miscommunication, probably not. Since we booked a suite we are entitled to $1000 obc if we choose another cruise but with free dining in the specialty restaurants and the inclusive drink program we would be spending money on things we don't need, want or appreciate. A discount on our next cruise seems much more appropriate.

Don't you just love the first line of the letter to the travel agents?:

"We hope your clients are looking forward to their Azamara Club Cruises Caribbean voyage in November as much as we look forward to having them onboard."

QS Nov 20 2017 Travel Partner Communication.pdf

Judy

I really hope you get something sorted that works for you. You have been long time loyal from the days that Azamara was still learning to be a cruise line. I hope they do not lose sight of people like you and Tom in the grand plans

Ann

Thanks Ann,

It really pains me because we have loved Azamara, but it appears with all the changes going on that we will have to begin to look elsewhere for our cruises. Never thought I'd say that. :(

I had been trying to figure out why I could not register for the Nov 20 M&M and could not add this cruise to my Azamara reservations. My TA was working on getting the answers when she received an email today canceling the cruise. The offer was less than stellar. The protected rate did not mean much! We'd have to pay an additional $68 to get the 7 day cruise instead of 11 days and lose the internet package. All this with a totally different itinerary! There is some additional onboard credit.

Still no word from Azamara. We will cancel this cruise, the price is too high for a 7 day cruise which includes 2 days Cozumel, what we think is one off the worst ports and this cruise really is nothing we originally booked. Because we are on the TA we are looking to find another cruise with some nice Caribbean destinations. A pity how this is going, we travel a lot and had great experiences the first 2 Azamara cruises we did. That's why we booked 3 more. But not feeling very comfortable the way they handle this.......