Reflection: Biggest Balcony in 2C

NoName

Hi everyone!

I am hoping for some help. My sister and I will be traveling on the Celebrity Reflection in Feb 2018. From looking at the deck plans, I selected balcony cabin 6305 as I am looking for the largest balcony at the best price.

However, after reading multiple posts, I am wondering if there are better balconies in that price category? Size matters to me:)

Also, there is a possibility that another sister may decide to join us. If so, are there any larger balconies that hold 3 guests in that same general price category?

(I have seen pictures of the blue roof off of our balcony and that isn't an issue to me).

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Kim

Hello Kim,

I believe that the 2C's are one of the best bargains. The deck plans do not show it but last 8-9 cabins on either side all have oversized balconies overlooking the blue roof.

Two caveats, some people have been surprised while at port by crew members walking by on the roof. I have stayed in these cabins twice and it has never happened to me. Also, only half of the balcony is covered, so if standing by the edge you will be visible to others.

We usually travel with a family group over the holidays and

have reserved these cabins and opened the partitions...large balcony for sailaways.

You should keep in mind that there are 4 2C's on the hump...they seem desirable but on port side they are directly over the smokers section on 5 and they are all very well lit even at night. Stargazing is limited so if that is important probably best to be avoided. That said, i have also stayed in the largest 2C humps cabin starboard. It was convenient to get around but I felt very exposed when sitting on balcony.

In 6305, you are probably far enough from the smokers not to be too bothered but any of last eight starboard would also be great. Have a fun cruise!

DECK 6 FANS

Try 6240 or if 3 people 6242 on the Starboard side. The similar cabins on the Port side are above the smoking area, so unless you don't mind smoke, avoid them. These cabins are right near the main atrium and very convenient to the elevators. Closer to the bow are 6156 & 6158 starboard and 6155 & 6157 port (should be far enough forward to escape smoke from deck below.

We were in 6240 on the Solstice and felt the view was barely obstructed. We've moved from a 1A 6214 to one of those stern 2Cs- 6294 for a savings of $1300 on our Eclipse TA. Also been in other categories on Deck 6- SS1 6306 & 2D 6202 on Silhouette, and 2B 6222 on Eclipse.

The biggest C2 balconies are the angled ones on the hump. Search the boards for some excellent photos and threads.

The C2 you selected is slightly larger than a normal C2 but the angled ones beat them by far. And less walking to the stairway/elevators! :)

You're getting your C2 (Concierge) and 2Cs (regular partially obstructed balconies) mixed up.

Yes, but these aren't designated 2Cs which is what the OP is asking about. They are either 1As, C2s (Concierge Class) or A1s (Aqua Class).

Not true, the the 2 balconies on deck 6 directly above the small zodiac are 2c larger angled balconies. I do believe these are 6240 and 6242, the 2 closest to the hump are 1a's but the 2nd two are 2'c, I know because I have 6240 and 6242 booked in August.

That's why one of the posters said that these are real bargains (compared to 1a's)

Not true, the the 2 balconies on deck 6 directly above the small zodiac are 2c larger angled balconies. I do believe these are 6240 and 6242, the 2 closest to the hump are 1a's but the 2nd two are 2'c, I know because I have 6240 and 6242 booked in August.

That's why one of the posters said that these are real bargains (compared to 1a's)

I think excitedofharpenden was referring to the ones in the picture with the red crosses on, which are not 2Cs. As you state, it's the 2 cabins directly infront of the lifeboat on the angle that are 2Cs and not the closest ones to the hump. All this confusion arose because Freestyle got their 2Cs and C2s confused :D.

• 4 weeks later...