LOVE Carnival!!!!!

Kudos2Fly

Ok I can say I have been on 20 cruises and not all of them on Carnival. Although I LOT are. But was just on Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas in Dec and was not impressed. Which doesn't take a lot to impress hubby and I. But we do have some standards.

I have been on Carnival in a year and we took our two grandkids this week on Carnival Liberty. And they LOVE it and so did we. Drink prices were not out of line unlike Royal Caribbean. We are not big drinkers, but do like a adult drink or two. We were thinking Carnival may have gone the way of Royal and increase there prices. But did see that at all. They were great with the two "little" ones also. Although we didn't put them in Camp Carnival, but for this cruise that wasn't what we wanted. We wanted to spend time with them.

Although if you take a LOT of pictures be prepared to pay. We paid very close to $500 for photos of the kids and us... :D:eek: Of course we thought that would be expensive but didn't realize how expensive. We did get two 16x20 canvas photos and two thumb drives, bag and thumb drives. But I guess they know when two quick grandkids are along we will spend money. Anyways we done that once probably will not happen again. Although we went to the Bahamas so didn't spend any money one excursions. So works out.

But do LOVE the Liberty ship and do hope to go on her again. She was a great and beautiful ship. Still working on video and photos....

I don't see why anyone compares Carnival to the "Walmart" of cruising, because I don't think it. Been on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Holland America. To me the food is the same, Carnival does way better in entertainment and service.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I will be going on Carnival Splendor in March, and was wondering about the cost of the photo package with the thumb drive. Do you recall the price? Just trying to work that into our budget.. DW was thinking it was around $120-$150

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I will be going on Carnival Splendor in March, and was wondering about the cost of the photo package with the thumb drive. Do you recall the price? Just trying to work that into our budget.. DW was thinking it was around $120-$150

Oh, YES..... :eek: We bought 18 8x10 photos. The cost was $495. Which included two 8gb USB's one had our photos on it, one tote bag, 2 canvas 16x20 and a photo album.

Although when we asked about the USB drive and getting the photos put on it. They guy said it would be $1 an photo. Of course after spending $495 we didn't want to spend the money. I figure I can scan them in anyways at home. Well I get home and see if any "promo" was on the drives. I found the photos on one of the drives. We didn't get charge the $18 dollars either. So don't know if he just didn't understand that we should have gotten the photos for free on the USB. Either way we got them in digital form also.

This is the "FIRST" time we spent that much money for photos on any cruise we have been on. But we did have the grandkids with us... Probably will be the last time also. I don't mind spending for about 2-4 pictures. But that can get pricey. LOL. I don't if they had other packages that included the USB.

Thanks for your comments. I never understand the statement "Walmart of cruising" - I find Carnival a wonderful value and excellent service and customer care. I always look at other options, but so far have remained loyal to Carnival.