Visas

marty's mom

Looks like w need Visas for Cambodia and Vietnam, not Thailand and Malaysia

I see I am able to send a copy of our passport to the Vietnamese embassy for a loose leaf visa.

I've searched re Cambodia and can't find an address or instructions for Cambodia other than e viss.

There's 6 o us so we'd rather do it on our own than pay the crazy Princess price!

thanks

Requirement for Visa very much depend on nationality - but normally visa for Cambodia and Vietnam, and not for Thailand and Malaysia.

Normally the cruise ship will arrange for Cambodia and Vietnam visa. I do not know how crazy the Princess prices are- when I have traveled in these areas I have got the visa through Royal Caribbean - much easier that getting your own visa from www.cambodiaonlinevisa.org//URL] - here the price will be in the order of USD 30 - probably in the same range as for Princess?

Where do you live? Often Visas have to go to a specific consulate or embassy for your state. What does Princess say? Some Visas are done batch style -- meaning all on ship are covered by the ship's paperwork. Some you get while on-board and fee goes on your sail passcard. Where are you embark and disembark -- Visa might need to cover more if you are arriving by plane to that country. Homework time. Oh add what country? Sometimes US and Canada or Europe have different rules. Not hard to find out on-line but first have to know what the rules are from Princess -- (not that you have to buy their Visa package, I usually don't,but you have to know which visas required and that is usually in the contract somewhere -- those first papers after deposit.

Just a note. 2017 is a year of mourning for all of Thailand. "Somber colors (black and white I think) and longer looser clothing required for respect to honor their King who died a few months back" Again check below for destination port forums. enjoy your trip--been there done that and it is great. Allow plenty of time for transfering from port to city of Bangkok -- it is a long way. I used a private guide and was well pleased with her services for the week we were in Bangkok before sailing to Beijing on the Diamond Princess.

Looks like w need Visas for Cambodia and Vietnam' date=' not Thailand and Malaysia

I see I am able to send a copy of our passport to the Vietnamese embassy for a loose leaf visa.

I've searched re Cambodia and can't find an address or instructions for Cambodia other than e viss.

There's 6 o us so we'd rather do it on our own than pay the crazy Princess price!

thanks[/quote']

I do not know where you come from, and yes Princess charges are nothing short of extortion but at the end of the day, if from from Australia, it will still be slightly cheaper and certainly much easier to have them issued on board.

Not sure what Princess now charge, heard somewhere it is now US$56, Celebrity US6 - go figure

I do not know where you come from, and yes Princess charges are nothing short of extortion but at the end of the day, if from from Australia, it will still be slightly cheaper and certainly much easier to have them issued on board.

Not sure what Princess now charge, heard somewhere it is now US$56, Celebrity US6 - go figure

Yep, I've heard the same sort of figures.

It certainly does seem that Princess make a grossly excessive profit out of visas, though all other cruise lines do seem to play fair.

It would be easier, I don't know about cheaper) to bite the bullet & pay Princess, but being an ornery cuss who refuses to be ripped-off I'd probably get them privately as a matter of principle.

JB :)

thank you all

We're all US Citizens.

and yes easier to do thru Princess but for 6 of us it's crazy. If we can do it on our own, which Vietnam seems to be able, might as well, we have time

Fortunately we don't go til Jan 2018 so hopefully traffic gets better

the camboian url was only for evisa which doesn't work with the cruise

need to do regular visa