Are teenagers allowed in their own room on the booking?

Blossom3

Hi, we are hoping to book a 1A balcony for us parents and an inside for 2 children aged 15 and 14

Will Celebrity allow this or will we have to book 1 adult and 1 child in each which would mean losing the drinks package for one of the adults that comes with the balcony grade?

Like others have said. The inside cabin must be across maybe 1 cabin either direction, not 10 cabins down the hall. There are threads here that talk about cabins and children. Talk to your TA or Celebrity they will help. If you get a no, just call back and try again to book.

Yes, they are permitted as long as the cabin is connected, adjacent or across from yours - it has to be in the same hallway ;). If you don't get a rep that knows this, ring back and find someone who knows the rules. This will then enable you to take the classic beverage package for the 2 adults in the balcony cabin, or whatever perk you choose. I'm unsure which ship you are considering, but from memory, I'm thinking there aren't many 1As with insides opposite (mainly because most of the 1As are on the slant of the hump from the main centrum area).

Hi, we are hoping to book a 1A balcony for us parents and an inside for 2 children aged 15 and 14

Will Celebrity allow this or will we have to book 1 adult and 1 child in each which would mean losing the drinks package for one of the adults that comes with the balcony grade?

Blossom:

Be advised that sometime TAs are unaware of this and occasionally someone at Celebrity might not know the policy. Here is the written policy which is found on the Celebrity Web Site under FAQs. Also, be advised this has been the policy for many years, we did it 20 years ago on Celebrity numerous times with our kids.

ebrity's stateroom assignment age policy?Celebrity’s minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18). Celebrity Cruises retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification. For voyages originating in North America, no guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing. This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military. Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required.

Thanks for all your replies, we have decided to book 1 balcony and 1 outside cabin with 1 adult and 1 child in each, this way, both adults get the drinks and both children get the soft drinks.

Is the price difference between the inside and the OV considerably more than putting the 2 adults in the balcony (obtaining a classic alcoholic beverage package each) and the kids in the inside? Only asking as sometimes it's less expensive to book the inside and to just buy the kids a soda package each - just a thought ;).

We cruised with our teenagers (13 &16), Christmas 2014 and as I recall (though I may be wrong), we had to book it 1 adult, 1 child per cabin. However, nobody was bothered that we actually cruised 2 adults in one and kids in the other. Hubby and I both got the drinks package and it suited us better to choose OBC for the kids as one doesn't drink soda. Even if I am wrong about the way we booked it, the point is that our scenario was identical to yours and it worked out fine.

We cruised with our teenagers (13 &16), Christmas 2014 and as I recall (though I may be wrong), we had to book it 1 adult, 1 child per cabin. However, nobody was bothered that we actually cruised 2 adults in one and kids in the other. Hubby and I both got the drinks package and it suited us better to choose OBC for the kids as one doesn't drink soda. Even if I am wrong about the way we booked it, the point is that our scenario was identical to yours and it worked out fine.

You are incorrect in the fact that you need to put the kids in your cabin on paper. There is no problem booking the kids in a separate cabin (which has been described and explained in the posts above). However, I can't speak for your particular experience.

Just to point out, those in the same cabin have to take the same perk. You didn't state the particulars of your reservation i.e. if you booked 2 balconies, then it doesn't matter because all would qualify for the beverage perk anyway, same if you booked an OV plus balcony. The problem only arises if you want an inside and a balcony/OV because only the balcony/OV would qualify for the alcoholic beverage perk. So, if you placed an adult and a child in each cabin in that example, then only the one adult would obtain the alcoholic beverage package as a perk. Hence why we advise pax to put the kids together in the inside and the adults in the balcony (both then have the drink promo) ;).

Once onboard, you can sleep wherever you wish - the crew are not interested in how you decide to split the family between the 2 cabins. You can even have extra keys (seapass cards) allowing you entry (only) into the different cabins.

See post # 6 where I quoted the Celebrity web site and also have booked my children in a separate cabin 20 years ago several times. You were probably the victim of a TA or Celebrity rep who didn't know the rules.

I'm unsure which ship you are considering, but from memory, I'm thinking there aren't many 1As with insides opposite (mainly because most of the 1As are on the slant of the hump from the main centrum area)

All the 1A cabins that we have had are close to the lifts ( opposite)

All the 1A cabins that we have had are close to the lifts ( opposite)

Yes, that's what I was stating, can't recall many 1As with an inside directly opposite because the majority of 1As are on the slant of the hump with the larger balconies. Think there may be a couple on some S class ships way aft (category 10 inside opposite)?