Laundry room on Regatta?

BillK7

It looks like someone picked up an old thread ... so the first questions have become irrelevant.

Viz:  No charge for the self-serve.  Then you have the three "free" 20 items on concierge and above (with a 3 day wait).

I'm not sure what other changes may have come into play since 2017.

Mura

I have met the most hilarious people in the laundry. One lady was so nice and loved to talk I never made it back to the cabin during wash. She later saw me with my wife and asked if it was ok if we got married.Yes the timing is important.

1 hour ago, rvmike said:

I have met the most hilarious people in the laundry

Then there are people who had to be put off the ships b/o a fight in the laundry room (not on O) - it can be an interesting place :classic_biggrin: 

10 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Please post if you see any difference in laundry room usage now that it's free (later on, as it is still early and not many people need the laundry room just yet).

TIA.

a couple of people were  just putting in a few items  but it is still early days 

we are on deck 8

I just did a load & only 1 other person in there

did  a load today  & the usual problem

of people who do not bother to check the time their laundry will be done

3 dryers all stopped  no people in sight

I did  give them some lee way  before I took someone's clothes out  to get mine dry

Another lady was in the room doing her wash & when I came back early  for my dryer  she said the one dryer was still full and no one turned up

now this was 1/2  hour  after I put mine in

The lady that I removed her stuff  had just left after removing someone else's stuff to dry hers

this happened when you paid for the machines  so this has not seemed to change for some "entitled" people

just my observations

On 2/18/2017 at 5:43 PM, Mura said:

Yes, it's there... midship on Deck 7. Not large!! Three or four washers and dryers and sometimes it can be difficult to get a machine. I have rarely had a problem because I choose my timing ... I'm not alone here, of course. I find that doing laundry during cocktail hour works well, others have said early in the morning is also easy. If you stay on board when the ship is in port it shouldn't be difficult. Sea days are usually impossible.

You buy tokens at Reception. I think it's $2/load. Soap is provided in the laundry room. There is also an iron and ironing board if you are so inclined.

It's opposite 7078. On our first cruise on Regatta (which was then the R2 with Renaissance) we were in that cabin and never heard any noise. One time I opened our door and found a cocktail party going on in the hallway while people waited for their laundry. Never heard a sound in our room which was RIGHT there.

This is true for all of the "R" ships -- Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena.

Also true for the "O" ships except there the laundry room is located on all passenger decks with the exception of Deck 12. Some people have said that people in Oceania Suites don't bother doing their own laundry ... not true in my case!

Mura

Laundry is now free. No tokens needed. It can be tough finding available machines. I have seen people waiting. If you pick odd times, you may not wait. Meal times are good. If you eat early, wash after dinner. Eat late, wash before dinner.  Or just avoid it, by sending clothes to ship laundry.  Your time is valuable. I use ship laundry service  unless I want something washed quickly. Considering the amount of money that spend on the cruise, buying laundry is not much. 

16 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Laundry is now free. No tokens needed. It can be tough finding available machines.

well when Mura posted  it was 2 yrs ago

the free laundry is just recent

On 4/10/2019 at 11:02 AM, Rob the Cruiser said:

There are 6 washers and dryers for passenger use on Sirena. There are only 3 on Regatta?

in 2016  there were 4 sets  ..have they removed 1 set now ?

The O class  ships have 3 sets on each deck  but there are more decks  that have laundry rooms than the R ships

That's a different configuration than on Sirena. Walk inside and there are 4 washers and dryers on the left, then an ironing board, sink and detergent dispenser. There is an ironing board on the right side of the room, then 2 more washers and dryers and a couple of chairs. 

2 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

That's a different configuration than on Sirena. Walk inside and there are 4 washers and dryers on the left, then an ironing board, sink and detergent dispenser. There is an ironing board on the right side of the room, then 2 more washers and dryers and a couple of chairs. 

Sirena is different from the other Oceania R ships in several ways. This is because she was completely refurbished after being taken over from Princess in a pretty bad shape - refurbished beyond simply superficial face lift of carpets and furniture fabrics..

• Like 1