First ever cruise ncl Epic

swanmark

Hi Guys, we have decided to take the plunge and go on our first ever cruise. As its my wife`s special birthday we have booked a Haven suite on the NCL Epic, out of Barcelona in May. We have been given some free bonuses which are Free ultimate drinks package, free specialty dining, 250 free internet minutes, Free gratuities, and $400 cabin spend. As its our first ever cruise, we are not sure what these offers include, so if anyone can give us further advice I would be very grateful.

Q1. Free drinks package, doe this mean we can drink what we like without paying any supplements.

Q 2. The specialty dining package, does this mean we can eat in any of the ships restaurants without paying any supplements.

Q 3. I presume that free gratuities means we don't have o tip anyone unless we want to.

Q 4. $400 cabin spend, What can we actually spend this on ?.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi mark this will also be our 1st cruise on ncl and we are going from Barcelona in October.. we went wit the drinks package and the on board credit.. with the drink package it's drinks under $15 but bottled water is not included that's a different package and can't get speciality coffees.. I think with the dining u can eat in the other restaurants that aren't free.. so with the on board credit you can spend on the shops on boards in restaurants on pretty much anything it's credited to your account. Not sure If it's da same as royal Caribbean but with them u just charge items to your room and pay dem b4 the cruise finishes I'm sure there the same.. can't help wit questions 3.. hope this helps

Hi Guys, we have decided to take the plunge and go on our first ever cruise. As its my wife`s special birthday we have booked a Haven suite on the NCL Epic, out of Barcelona in May. We have been given some free bonuses which are Free ultimate drinks package, free specialty dining, 250 free internet minutes, Free gratuities, and $400 cabin spend. As its our first ever cruise, we are not sure what these offers include, so if anyone can give us further advice I would be very grateful.

Q1. Free drinks package, doe this mean we can drink what we like without paying any supplements.

You don't say where you are located, if booked in the U.S. you will pay approx. $200 in service charge for the drinks package, if in the UK you will not. The package covers drinks up to $15 and if the drink costs more you just pay the difference.

Q 2. The specialty dining package, does this mean we can eat in any of the ships restaurants without paying any supplements.

Again, depends on where you book. You will still pay a service charge billed to your account depending on where you booked. The dining package will cover all the upcharge restaurants.

Q 3. I presume that free gratuities means we don't have o tip anyone unless we want to.

Since you are in a suite your butler and conceierge are NOT covered by the Daily Service Charge, however your steward will be. Otherwise you do not need to tip anyone else. For tipping the butler and concierge that will depend on how much they do for you, general rule of thumb seems to be have a set amount and go above or below that amount you budgeted based on service.

Anything on board, excursions, shops, extra specialty meals, Ice Bar, spa passes or treatments, salon services......

Have a great cruise!

You don't say where you are located, if booked in the U.S. you will pay approx. $200 in service charge for the drinks package, if in the UK you will not. The package covers drinks up to $15 and if the drink costs more you just pay the difference.

Minor correction about the service charges for the beverage and dining package - the OP will not pay these 18% service charges as they are booked in a Haven suite. All of those are included when you book a suite.

OP - enjoy your cruise! Sailed on Epic last month and am booked in the Haven for a transatlantic next year. She's a great ship!

As said before it helps if you say where you booked as different charges occur...

However Enjoy the trip .. We have done the Epic a few times and love her, theres a cpl of TRs below to give you some ideas - but remember everyone has different views etc etc. :eek:

Yes. Your can order any drink up to $15USD. Anything over $15USD (which is very hard), you would pay the difference in price + 18% gratuity on the difference. You can drink as much as you want, as often as you want. Enjoy!

Specialty dining packages are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, ModernoChurrascaria, Teppanyaki and our Le Bistro, and La Cucina restaurants. Guestswho have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other restaurants,entertainment-based restaurants for the following per person upcharges:

Cirque Dreams - $10 USDregular seats/$15 USD premium seats (ALWAYS book the premium seats)

Sushi -$7 USD

You need to tip your butler and concierge separately. Something like £100 for the butler and £50 for the concierge,,, and a something extra for your room steward if they make your trip memorable £50 . Your daily service charge is covered. If you dine outside your dining package (additional paid meals) or exceed your $15USD per drink, you will pay 18% gratuity automatically added to your bill.

Additional meals (but don't forget to eat in the Havens restaurant which I wonderful). Shore excursions. Spa treatments or a thermal suite pass (purchased on board) - The thermal suite in the spa is wonderful!). Gifts from the shops.

We have sailed on the Epic 6 times. And been on the Mediterranean itinerary twice. It is a wonderful cruise on a wonderful ship! Enjoy!

• 1 month later...