Ncl epic.. hotels near Barcelona cruise port

Aoife87

There aren't that many that are very close to the cruise port.

However, the cruise port is not too far from the city centre. We stay in the centra and get a taxi to the port.

If you find a hotel near Las Ramblas (at the end near the Columbus statue) then you will be near to where the shuttle bus picks up.

Last year we stayed at the Hotel Continental on las Ramblas. Is a 9-10 minute taxi ride to the port which is around 10 Euros. You can take the bus from the airport to Plaza Catalunya ( last stop) and then walk one block to the hotel, the bus is 4 or 5 Euros per person. You will find that a lot of NCL cruisers stay at this Hotel. Good Luck

Hey can anyone help with choosing a hotel near the port in Barcelona for ncl it's hard to see any that are close.? Tia

Hello - we booked a night here - Sallés Hotel Ciutat del Prat, El Prat de Llobregat - they do a package which includes one night's stay, pick up from the airport if you're flying in and transport to the cruise port the next day.

I chose to book with NCL in Barcelona because I was worried about getting to the pier. There didn't appear to be any nearby and it was my first solo cruise so I was nervous. The NCL hotel is the Montblanc and I thought it was very nice. My room was big, it was reasonable priced, and in a great location. I took the airport shuttle (Aerobus) which lets out at Placa Catalunya. It was maybe 2 blocks to the hotel; very easy to find. Breakfast was included and the transfer to the ship was smooth. I especially appreciated that once NCL put my luggage on the bus, I didn't have worry about it until it arrived in my room! And since I was on an NCL transfer, it seemed to get there a lot faster than when I have just dropped it off at the port before embarkation.

I chose to book with NCL in Barcelona because I was worried about getting to the pier. There didn't appear to be any nearby and it was my first solo cruise so I was nervous. The NCL hotel is the Montblanc and I thought it was very nice. My room was big, it was reasonable priced, and in a great location. I took the airport shuttle (Aerobus) which lets out at Placa Catalunya. It was maybe 2 blocks to the hotel; very easy to find. Breakfast was included and the transfer to the ship was smooth. I especially appreciated that once NCL put my luggage on the bus, I didn't have worry about it until it arrived in my room! And since I was on an NCL transfer, it seemed to get there a lot faster than when I have just dropped it off at the port before embarkation.

We are staying at this hotel because we wanted a few days in Barcelona and the shuttle. Thanks for sharing that the shuttle transfer was smooth. I was unaware they take your luggage and that was the last you saw of the luggage until your cabin. We have not taken a ship's shuttle since Hawaii which means so many years back I completely forgot about this service. This is great reminder for me that I just need my tote with "early boarding" essentials.

In the end of october 2016 we stay at the Barcelona Universal on el Paralell not far from the port. It was very clean, and near every thing. The metro is just in front the hotel. I recommend this hotel.

Boucalatrem

Also stayed here and would recommend. Although it was six years ago. (post cruise)

Also stayed at the Hilton which was also nice but cost more. (pre cruise)

• 2 weeks later...

We are staying at the Hotel Cuatro Naciones on the Las Ramblas for 3 nights when we disembark the Epic after her TA in April. We booked it 9 months ago and got a very good price as its Easter weekend.