Upgrade drink package

judie43

You may log on to your booking and do it there...BUT as soon as you board the ship you will still be inundated by staff seeking you to "upgrade" &/or purchase dining options...all non stop

cheers bocca

May I ask how much it costs to upgrade from the classic package to premium. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and DH prefers Canadian Club which is not included in the classic package.

I'm waiting to upgrade until I'm on the ship to use my OBC. Plus, I'm not sure if I want to upgrade on day one. I might wait a few days and then upgrade.

If you upgrade on the ship, do they place a sticker on your card or something? ...or doesn't it matter since they need to swipe your "sea pass" card for every drink anyway?

Dan

May I ask how much it costs to upgrade from the classic package to premium. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and DH prefers Canadian Club which is not included in the classic package.

CC is included on Celebrity from UK on classic package. I was drinking it on an Oct 2016 cruise and still have the drinks list.

Even if on a cruise and it was not listed there are plenty of similar Ryes/Bourbons available which I could not justify enough to warrant upgrading.

I'm waiting to upgrade until I'm on the ship to use my OBC. Plus, I'm not sure if I want to upgrade on day one. I might wait a few days and then upgrade.

If you upgrade on the ship, do they place a sticker on your card or something? ...or doesn't it matter since they need to swipe your "sea pass" card for every drink anyway?

Dan

Yes, they place a sticker over the pre-printed text for the classic package. Once, my upgraded sea pass was demagnetised during the cruise - and the new sea pass that guest relations made for me had the premium package printed on the actual card.

Dan

They will place a sticker on your card or you could have a new card made. The sticker actually works better than the pre-printed code. Every cruise I have taken so far I have managed to rub the print off of my sea pass. Maybe because of my sunscreen? It never fails. They did try to charge me for drinks two different times because they couldn't see the code. I figured their system would be smart enough to recognize you have a package when they swipe, but apparently that is not so.

Dan

do they not make you pay back to day 1 of the cruise? i know other cruise lines do... but if not, that's good to know!

do they not make you pay back to day 1 of the cruise? i know other cruise lines do... but if not, that's good to know!

They have not on my cruises where I've purchased the package after day 1. The last time I did that was probably in late 2015 though, so perhaps it has changed.

Celebrity pro-rates the increase, based on the day you purchase. You pay the full rate for the day, regardless of the time of day you purchase. Many people try the Classic package for a day or 2 to see if it works for them. The cost to update is $10.00/day plus 18% gratuity or $11.80/day.

The individual bartender/server gets some credit.

Whatever.....just upgrade for sure. For a very small marginal cost it takes away a lot of stress and definitely gets you better quality glasses of wine, water products, martini bar participation, etc.